Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lee Killough

Jim Flynn

Damn it, I can't even put it into proper words.

Rest in peace, man, you will not be forgotten.

How long before somebody makes a mini-tribute to Flynn in the form of a short map set? I know Halderman got it due to all the outstanding work over the years but I'll bet eventually someone will do such a project to remember him by. He did contribute to Boom so that would be of some importance.

^ I started such a map in April 2013 titled, "Return To Titan" but I never took it very far. I'd certainly like to do something to honor his memory at some point.

It's always sad to see another member leave us, specially someone quite influential....A true legend, his work on Boom still has a legacy to this day
My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace

Definitely a sad day indeed :( I knew Jim quite well during our Eternal DOOM days, as well as testing and suggesting features for his Eternal DOOM Shell (EShell) back in the day.

An ironic thing, I recently hooked up with Sverre on Facebook, and just yesterday was wondering what Jim was up to after all of these decades.

I am making a little tribute to Jim Flynn, by playing one of his Master Levels wads (MANOR.WAD)

It'll appear on YouTube soon.

R.I.P Jim Flynn

You will be missed :(

I'm saddened to hear this news.

I was privledged to work with Jim with TeamTNT and I echo the sentiments already posted.

Sigh.

RIP Jim.

PM me if you want more details on Jim's health history.

Out of respect for Jim's privacy, I won't post the details here.

Thanks for your understanding.

RIP and tears, Jim Flynn.

17 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Are we going to do a tribute project for him? Like the one we did for Ty?

"Fall of Titan" would be a good name for it.

Shit! I've been in this community for so little time that when I actually learn the names of these influential people chances are it's because one of them died...

Sleep well, and may you rest peacefully.

57 minutes ago, Gez said:

What about "Fall of a Titan"? Bonus theme: every map is boom-compatible, uses generalized actions exclusively.

16 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

What about "Fall of a Titan"?

Too on the nose IMO. Fall of Titan is more subtle and ties in with Flynn's Titan series.

19 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

uses generalized actions exclusively.

A bit excessive, especially given how teleports and exits do not have generalized counterparts. :p

3 hours ago, Gez said:

"A Memory of Titan"

Rest in peace Jim. The Doom community was a better place for your work.

He was one of the masters. From a personal perspective, his Boom example WAD formed the foundation of my knowledge of Boom.

4 hours ago, Catpho said:

Are we going to do a tribute project for him? Like the one we did for Ty?

I agree that sounds like a good idea.

43 minutes ago, Mordeth said:

"A Memory of Titan"

This sounds like the perfect title to me.

3 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

every map is boom-compatible, uses generalized actions exclusively.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

A bit excessive, especially given how teleports and exits do not have generalized counterparts. :p

Every map is boom-compatible. Generalized actions must be used, except for those instances where generalized counterparts do not exist (e.g., teleporters, exits).

RIP, Jim. :/
My sincere condolences to his famity and relatives, and thanks for everything he's done for Doom and its community.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:06 PM, Big Ol Billy said:

What about "Fall of a Titan"? Bonus theme: every map is boom-compatible, uses generalized actions exclusively.

That's a great idea. At least use *some* Boom actions in every map. I think you might need some original actions in places. I'd love to contribute a map, but I can barely connect 2 square rooms with a hallway :(

But, yes, it's a great idea, and a great way to honor Jim, by recognizing and enjoying what he gave to us all. Thanks, Jim.