Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

What TV series did you watch recently

Since there's only a movie thread so far I thought I would create one for any TV series.

Recently I decided to watch Batman: The Animated Series since it was one cartoon from the 90s which I barely paid attention to back in its day, I am currently on the first episode of course but I quite like the animation style so far, the music is fine too.

Edited by Avoozl

Batman TAS is awesome, I didn't watch it back when I was a kid though because it was not on any channel at the time, so I ended up watching it much, much later, like 2yrs ago or so.

The sound wasn't too fantastic, probably the weakest point of the series, but no other problems. It's also getting the blu-ray treatment after all these years. If only I had a blu-ray player, so uh, I'll probably look out for sites to see how much justice (or injustice) will do this treatment.

Now then, moving to the actual subject of the topic, last series I watched was Star Trek Next Generation and started season 5, but later post-phoned it for some reason and haven't come back to it yet.

Forensic Files. I don't remember the episode name, but there were a few graphic pictures of an open hand surgery.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for the Batman TAS blu-ray. A few of the DVDs for the boxed sets are not being read by any DVD drive. I don't consider TAS to be part of the DCAU like the New Batman Adventures, Superman, Justice League and the rest.

I sometimes watch some Transformers G1.

I am currently at 75% of Season 2 and I have seen the movie, so there is definitely some progress.

I recently watched the final season of Dragons: Race to the Edge. I started the Punisher season one but apparently I hit my "unlimited" data cap and was throttled to 2G. There are only a few days left on my monthly service but I don't want to waste it.

I don't like television much. Been a long time since I'v watched tv. I think the last thing I sat down and watched was rick and morty 4-5 months ago.

Well I meant TV series as in a series fo shows which used to air on TV but can still be watched on DVD/Blueray or various internet movies sites. I haven't watched actual TV since 2004.

Caught up to the latest episode of March Comes In Like A Lion, a wonderful drama about competitive shogi players and the lives of the people around them.

Even with some occasional missteps in tone, March has an incredible range and depth to its world, and even 40-something episodes in it still manages to leave me stunned sometimes. It only took one perfect episode to make a minor side character's life and struggles so viscerally compelling and real that you want to root for him over an established character you already know and love.

I've avoided March Comes In Like A Lion on the suspicion that it was a 'slice-of-life' anime, which generally put me to sleep faster than an ASMR video. Put if it's geniunely that good, I'll have to give it a try.

16 minutes ago, Urthar said:

I've avoided March Comes In Like A Lion on the suspicion that it was a 'slice-of-life' anime, which generally put me to sleep faster than an ASMR video. Put if it's geniunely that good, I'll have to give it a try.

It's much more drama than slice-of-life. It gets deep into some heavy themes (depression, mortality, ostracization, etc.) and deals with them seriously, but also counterbalances it all with enough light that it's also not an overwhelmingly dark show, either.

I think my only complaint with it is that its humor is hit-or-miss and sometimes out-of-place, which is a definite shame, but that's ultimately a minor issue and is outweighed by all its other strengths.

7 hours ago, MrGlide said:

I don't like television much. Been a long time since I'v watched tv. I think the last thing I sat down and watched was rick and morty 4-5 months ago.

6 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Well I meant TV series as in a series fo shows which used to air on TV but can still be watched on DVD/Blueray or various internet movies sites. I haven't watched actual TV since 2004.

^ pretty much.

I haven't opened the TV by myself in years, since 2013 or 2014 more exactly, unless someone else did when I might spend like 5-10min. scrolling through the guide to see what's going on, but other than this, in this day and age I can hardly see its purpose anymore. I still don't understand why they bought me a new TV since I don't watch anything on it anymore but... probably better to have something more modern around than an old fashioned CRT that's not even HD.

I... haven't watched TV in a long time. I think the last show/episode I watched was Doctor Who, and the The Day of the Doctor episode. I love that episode.

Seinfeld - "The Ex Girlfriend"

The greatest sitcom ever, period. Absolutely my favorite show ever, and this episode has this hilarious scene. 

Star Wars fans will undoubtedly have already checked out Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the TV series.

Setting aside the notion that Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie left something to be desired, the TV series really shines - particularly with the diversity of story arcs. Very nicely done.

Watching Season two of Downton Abbey, I highly recommend giving it a chance since the first couple of episodes are boring but it picks up quickly from there.

4 hours ago, Reaper8888 said:

Watched The Walking Dead seasons 1 & 2, good stuff.

If you haven't read the comic books (ahem, graphic novels) on which the TV series is based, then you're missing out on a very cool slice of popular culture.

Silicon Valley, series 4, but I'm rewatching the whole thing, too. Love this show.

I'm also rewatching all of Red Dwarf on Netflix, even though I own it on DVD...

Watched the first episode of Wormwood last night. I was initially unsure if I'd enjoy it, since I don't tend to like documentaries that involve a significant element of re-enactment/dramatisation, but these scenes form only a small piece of the narrative, and - at the very least - don't detract from the story itself, which is fascinating. 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, ReX said:

If you haven't read the comic books (ahem, graphic novels) on which the TV series is based, then you're missing out on a very cool slice of popular culture.

I feel like the Walking Dead graphic novels are underrated; I don't like comics/graphic novels, but TWD graphic novels absolutely sucked me in.

1 hour ago, Chewyninja69 said:

..... TWD graphic novels absolutely sucked me in.

Moi aussi.

Better Call Saul: season 3 was interesting, because the first season was dull and coasting on success of Breaking Bad. I don't remember much about season 2 other than the climaxes and the ways they escalated things only to have them go right back to where they were in season 3. They still have this uncanny way of writing themselves out of things and crossing line, before jumping back over into safety. They ended on another cliffhanger, which I'm sure they'll spend the first 4 episodes of season 4 resetting the series like nothing happened.

Overall, I dislike television shows. Its 8 - 20 hours long when I can see something wrapped up neatly in 2 hours with a movie and if I don't like the movie, I don't need to invest 6 - 16 more hours for it to get better. I also hate the "serialization" of TV shows, not because I need to have seen the previous episodes to understand things, but the fact they take what would have been the first 2 minutes of the next episode and stick it as the last 2 minutes. Suddenly its a cliff hanger when it would have just been a commercial or go to the intro.

I had a girlfriend that watched a lot of television. I saw it happen over and over to the point I was able to predict that 2 minute end mark.

Edited by geo

9 hours ago, BJ34 said:

I watch an Amazing World Of Gumball. One of the best shows.

I personally wonder why so many hold Gumball in such high regard. Imo, Adventure Time and especially Regular Show were superior. Too bad the latter ended...