Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfamousGreed

What is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest for 1st place (Up the irons!).

Also, Dio and Ozzy for 2nd place.

I don't mean to sound like that guy, but could you specify heavy metal? I listen to a lot of weird music haha

12 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Meshuggah

Meshuggah is moire prog/djent though.

Anyway my favorite right now would have to be Enforcer, but out of the classics I would probably have to go with judas priest for sure

3 hours ago, Akenore said:

I don't mean to sound like that guy, but could you specify heavy metal? I listen to a lot of weird music haha

Here this might help http://www.mapofmetal.com/#/home

As for my favorite, I'm going to say either Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals or Candlemass.

Edited by Eligos

I have no idea what's heavy metal. I'm probably wrong so I'll just throw out metal rather than heavy metal:

Metalicca, Otep, Deftones, Five Finger Death Punch and Nonpoint.

Those qualify right? I've heard arguments that all 5 are just "metal" and other arguments that they're "pop" because the radio plays them.

Other than that, I'll go with Megadeth. I liked an album from them, but other than that, I struggle to enjoy them and most albums. Even Deftones and Five Finger were far less enjoyable to me with their earlier and some say heavier work.

Heavy metal was a term most commonly used in the 80s, though the band that coined the term was Steppenwolf. Nowadays, most everyone usually just says metal. 

2 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest for 1st place (Up the irons!).

Also, Dio and Ozzy for 2nd place.

That would also be my 1st place for favorite classic Heavy Metal band.

Ya I'm also gonna have to go with Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, both are timeless bands that have stood the test of time IMO.

If we're being picky about what "heavy metal" is, then I don't really listen to any, but in the broader sense, I tend to like Swedish (often death) metal.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

What is your favorite Heavy Metal Band?

Dragon Ball Z

I'd say anything on https://www.metal-archives.com/ is a good starting point but historically my top 3 have been

Opeth,

Dark Tranquillity

Dream Theater until Portnoy left (sad sad day)

Current favourites are

Persefone

Jinjer

Between the Buried and Me

Seeing Gojira and Mastodon on Saturday so been listening to a bit of that lately

Not many actually refer to heavy but instead other genres. Heh, fitting, don't have one from this category anyway :v , heavy and power are 2 genres I lost my interest for with time since they almost reached a point of stagnation. I still really like HammerFall but that's about it. But then it's not like black does a much better job for instance due to the overexposure it suffered from...

7 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Very hard to say because I know over 200 bands or so...depends on the genre sometimes.

^ This. Not to mention that I barely have any favorite albums from virtually any band, usually just avoiding the shitty stuff if there's any and everything else is more or less equal in my eyes.

Now moving on to some favorite bands... hm, probably going to pick a few I can't live without:

Hypocrisy, before they switched to melodeath (no, I like melodic death but I'm really not into Peter's vocal style for this particular subgenre. Besides, no one has ever sounded more inhumanly evil and came out with more satisfying roars than Masse.)

Immortal.

Dead Congregation.

Urgehal.

Beherit.

Antaeus.

Sabbat (Japan).

Slugathor.

Bathory.

Morbid.

Craft.

Disincarnate.

Nocturnus.

And I stop. Like I said, it's not possible for me to have a top 3/5/10/whatever like others do, let alone a single favorite band...

i had my time caring about metal and it is long behind me but i still have some really cool stuff in the vaults, great CDs by Voivod and Martyr and Meshuggah and Gorguts (which is a name I cringe at but the music is hard to deny)

i can sing along to all the early Candlemass albums. Melvins and Boris got deeply sludge/slo-metal at times, Amp Worship and Bullhead are incredible

i remember liking Deathspell Omega and i also remember seeing people talking black metal and going "hey, I think DSO rock" and receiving about ten minutes of bullshit for being a hipster aquarius mailing-list music fan

Napalm Death are the band I value most, whether they're blurry or comical or political they match my tastes the closest. i prefer music to make a statement these days. Brutal Truth were good too

there's my top ten :P