Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Chill Pill (silly complevel 2 mod that turns any wad into Chillax)

True story: Downloaded mod, loaded it up with phmlspd map 12. The few early revs there in these small pits were viles and I thought "Oh this is actually very true to chillax." I almost expected to go into the building there and find it ram-packed with mancs. Then I realized the several dozen revs that would pour into the building from the outside were all viles as well.

I kinda wonder how this was done though, because from what I observed, the viles which now replace revs have the same target acquisition range as revs usually do.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I kinda wonder how this was done though, because from what I observed, the viles which now replace revs have the same target acquisition range as revs usually do.

Oh, that sounds painful :/

Monsters that are replaced have all their stats manually changed, and hardcoded stuff (splash damage vulnerability, some infighting stuff, etc) remains unchanged, because you can't change those things in deh. It's a bit silly, but ... c'est la vie.

New game: Where will the big cluster of archviles throw you! 

This mod would pair well with an infinite BFG replacing the pistol or fist.   

11 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

(Video)

While I'm watching the video, I feel my house is going to be burned down...

I'm just watching the replies come in and trying to think of something relevant to add to the conversation...

GIF-180329_022302.gif

You know what would be sweet?  A shotgun style weapon that shoots a large scatter of the plasma bolts from the Final Doomer Plus BTSX Plasma Vulcan.  That gun was op as hell on it's own, I can only imagine what a blast of like 20 bolts with one trigger pull would be like.

44 minutes ago, guitardz said:

I'm just watching the replies come in and trying to think of something relevant to add to the conversation...

GIF-180329_022302.gif

Oh fuck, Grain of Salt. I can't believe you've done this.

The mod, I mean.

13 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Oh fuck, Grain of Salt. I can't believe you've done this.

The mod, I mean.

Lol, I was hoping the intention of my post was this clear.

I love that vine :3

Also, I updated the OP with slightly improved versions of Chill Pill and the BFG deh. The BFG mod now removes all normally placed weapons, so you don't switch weapon if you run over one by mistake. If you wanna shoot a shootswitch you can switch to weapon 1, which is now the pistol :-)

Those avs on Loveless' sunder map14 video have to be seen to be believed, dear god.

Due to how this mod works I'm actually thinking about trying to make a map that aims to somehow use these "oddities" in behaviour, like cybies infighting for example. There's gotta be a way or two to make something happen that revolves around it. I'll give it a try early next week, maybe it ends up being a fun experience.

It went...unwell.  Also, I can't run the Chill Pill and the BFG wads together, I guess because I can't load 2 dehacked files.  Do I need to like...merge the dehacked texts together or something?

Chill Combined.zip

If you run this instead of the two wads together, that should work. Not sure what port you're using, but I know old prbooms couldn't use more than one dehacked lump at a time, as you say. I sometimes forget that's a thing.

Just now, Grain of Salt said:

Chill Combined.zip

If you run this instead of the two wads together, that should work. Not sure what port you're using, but I know old prbooms couldn't use more than one dehacked lump at a time, as you say. I sometimes forget that's a thing.

GZDoom 3.2.5 (I should probably upgrade since there's a new one out) but I run it through ZDL 3.2.2.3, idk if that makes a difference, I'm sure it should be able to handle 2 dehackeds.  Anyway...thanks for the combined :)

Here, laugh at my misery, you've earned it.

EDIT: Yay for youtube's shitty processing.  Still stuck at 360p til they get the HD worked out.  It's an unlisted video so i'm not honestly worried about it.

EDIT EDIT: 720p now.

This mod should be insane on wads like ESP. :D

Revenants were replaced with arch-viles?

This sounds like a corner of hell designed specially for me.

2 hours ago, Roofi said:

This mod should be insane on wads like ESP. :D

I would rather see everything replaced with barrels :P

10 hours ago, Grazza said:

You could also add this, just to keep the plasma weapons a bit special:

ultrabfg.zip

Note: they are far more than just rapid-fire.

Hah, even with those death cannons, I still can't come remotely close to doing Nuts.wad with the Chill Pill mod.