Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Royal_Sir

Most Favorite Level From Episode 5

Logos Anomaly by far. Zany and nonsensical taken to the nth degree; it almost feels like the setting for some sort of backwater space cult facility that's been blasted to smithereens.

Bit biased, but +1 to the pile:

eTuznXR.png

[Carroll Street close second though, for obvious reasons.]

13 minutes ago, Royal_Sir said:

I'll be honest folks, this was supposed to be a joke thread but as it turns out there really is a 5th episode wad.

Pure gold LMAO

EDIT: Also +1 Carrol street station

A bit of an unexpected choice, but my favorite is UAC BioLabs. The huge textures of Imp reproductive anatomy were so lovingly crafted that I get an art-boner every time I play it.

I honestly thank you guys for letting me know that Episode 5 actually exists.

5 hours ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

The segfault.

I was making a joke that the game would crash when it tried to load episode 5 because there wasn't one there.

Lol, i was thinking "wow this dude is a @Xaser fan like me!", but then i should have thought about the OTHER possibility :P

On topic (?): Logos and Carrol are favs 4ever

I've only played Episode 5 very recently and I'm not good at committing to statements like "this is my favorite" or "this is number X in my top Y" but Carrol Street did stand out to me because while the layout itself was by id, Xaser's style made it feel like a No End in Sight level before NEIS was a thing.

Carrol Train Station is pretty sweet from what I remember.

Also there's episode 5 of Heretic (I was thinking of that when I read the title thread) but looks like everyone forgot about it. #givehereticsomelove

With some seven years behind me I am not sure what would win between Logos Anomaly and Carroll St. Station today. The latter has the greater presence in my memory, though.

Personally I like E5M4 more than Hydratyr. It's a fiendishly hard level with great music, even though it doesn't look like much. E5M3 is also awesome.

You can easily make E5M1 in Doom 1, and it will have the Hell Beneath music and AASTINKY sky. Exit will fail.

9 minutes ago, printz said:

Personally I like E5M4 more than Hydratyr. It's a fiendishly hard level with great music, even though it doesn't look like much. E5M3 is also awesome.

You can easily make E5M1 in Doom 1, and it will have the Hell Beneath music and AASTINKY sky. Exit will fail.

I hate doing that map on a pistol start. All those enemies crammed in right at the beginning with very little room to move around. It does get better later on though.

8 hours ago, antares031 said:

I honestly thank you guys for letting me know that Episode 5 actually exists.

As I've been living under a rock (yes, I am a lizard masquerading as a mammal) I was unaware that Episode 5 existed. Would someone kindly post a link to the episode, for chronologically-challenged people like me? [Missing Links will not be appreciated.]

12 hours ago, Royal_Sir said:

I'll be honest folks, this was supposed to be a joke thread but as it turns out there really is a 5th episode wad.

It's like sending someone out for Blinker Fluid and he actually comes back with some.

Perhaps you should start a new thread "what is your favorite episode from Doom 5?" We all joke and have a laugh, then in 10 - 15 years its necro bumped when Doom 5 comes out.

Foetid Manse is beautiful, but I think Quay is the most memorable. The fight with the Maulotaur in, what I thought was, a theatre, was excellent! Honorable mentions are Hydratyr (name alone) and Colonnade (bc save game on my PC and it has most monsters out of any level).