Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

"In Slavic Folklore, Poludnica is an evil Slavic spirit that makes conversation with labourers working in the fields at noon. If anyone fails to answer a question or tries to change the subject, she will cut off their head with a scythe." 

DZevY9fVoAAlCDV.jpg

Isn’t she wielding a sickle in the image? :P

10 hours ago, ReX said:

Did you just make a DooM E3 reference while also displaying a sacred icon? Clever!

Pretty much. And if you want to get biblical, then I used the words "Eve" and "Christmas" too. I also muttered some kind of oath at the time about the guy who wouldn't get out of my shot. We were being called back to the helicopter so couldn't wait any longer.

In case you are wondering what the cross is for:

eCxtQYQ.jpg

And the PS:

lV0X9DO.jpg

11 hours ago, Ajora said:

"In Slavic Folklore, Poludnica is an evil Slavic spirit that makes conversation with labourers working in the fields at noon. If anyone fails to answer a question or tries to change the subject, she will cut off their head with a scythe." 

DZevY9fVoAAlCDV.jpg

Reminds me of a certain part in the first Witcher game.

10 hours ago, Grazza said:

Pretty much. And if you want to get biblical, then I used the words "Eve" and "Christmas" too. I also muttered some kind of oath at the time about the guy who wouldn't get out of my shot. We were being called back to the helicopter so couldn't wait any longer.

In case you are wondering what the cross is for:

eCxtQYQ.jpg

I always thought the cross was for the victims of that plane that crashed into the side of the mountain... now I know why.

There are a bunch of crosses in that part of the world. The Air New Zealand crash site was on the far side of Mount Erebus from that point (below Fang Ridge), and the memorial cross for that more recent tragedy is nearer there.

There's a more famous memorial cross from the "heroic age" at Observation Hill, though I only saw that one from a distance (hiking to it would have meant missing the tour of McMurdo Station).

@Ex Oblivione: Witty Jesus references. Arguably irreverent, but witty nonetheless.

[I could see the "Yahweh" reference coming, but the "shame if someone rose from it" came out of left field and brought a smile to my face. Very topical too, given this is the Easter period.]