Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zokum

Endoom tutorial in ansi format

Would you mind pasting the entire thing into the alt="" tag pls

/s

Hihi. That would be possible, but there's a crapload of formatting no matter how you look at it, but it's a neat idea. I wonder if a large alt tag would be problematic for some systems.

@zokumThis is an extremely helpful, well thought out and designed, complete tutorial. A job well done! Impressive.

The a-character fonts in the tutorial is a quick and dirt work. Drawn to show concepts and how to think when making a font, not to be good artwork. I spent easter at the computer party The Gathering and I drew font with most of the characters one should need.

This is just version 0.1. I will probably improve and tweak on it. I drew the letters a to z, numbers from 0 to 9, some punctuation marks, plus and minus sign. If you need more, making your own custom letters shouldn't be too hard. I could also take requests if people need any funky letter or symbol, but not everything is possible/easy in this resolution.

You can easily use the coloring tool to change the color scheme to what suits the rest of your design. The colors used are the following:
Lines around letters, 3 colors: dark grey (bright black), grey, white (bright grey).
Body of letters 2 colors: red, bright red.
Dots on some letters 2 colors: grey, white (bright grey).

I also included a sample of how the font was used to make a quick "alien vendetta" logo. For the logo I manually went over and fixed some of the places the letters were next to eachother since I condensed the font by one column to make it stick together better. You don't have to do that if you want to use it. I drew all characters with lines on both left and right side, since any character can end up as first and last in a word.

Here's the ansi formatted complete font for quick and easy copy/paste. Please credit me with either Zok!PiX somewhere in the artwork or one of the following in the credits section if you got one: Kim Roar Foldøy Hauge (preferred), Zokum, Zokum of PiX. If you're unsure, contact me on irc.
http://doom2.net/zokum/endoom/doom-tech-font/doom-tech-font-by-zokum-v01.ans

doom-tech-a_to_m.png

doom-tech-o_to_2.png

doom-tech-3_to_punctuation.png

doom-tech-alien_vendetta-example.png

Edited by zokum

Here's a quick endoom I made for Block Rocking Bytes. With such a long name making anything elaborate isn't very easy. It feels a bit unbalanced. Due to the height of the letters I can't push 'bytes' more to the left. That would have helped a lot. The letters are mostly from my font example, but have been tweaked to fit the overall design better. By making it a bit more jumbly, I could fit three lines in on what would normally only have room for two. The top line is left blank due to the dos prompt pushing the art upwards and the top line out of the screen. I have two more endoom screens I want to post when the projects they are in are released.

brb-endoom.png.ebc8035e88260f2b7786a42fad0f42ce.png

Edited by zokum