Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

18 hours ago, Ichor said:

Repercussions of Evil, but it was made in 1918. Silent movie, grainy, sepia tone, cheesy piano music, that sort of thing.

Reminded to me Duke Nukem 3D in 1918

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpg

While I know there's already a wad called Daytime Drama, what about one using all demons? Very loosely based on real soap operas, only calling it a slop opera. A "serious" wad?

4 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpg

We no speak Russian.

Translation needed.

6 hours ago, Master O said:

Translation needed.

Electronic Entertainment Factory "3D Realms" Presents: Sturdy* Duke 3-D

*There is a play on words: in Russian "ядерный" means "nuclear", and "ядреный" means "strong and sturdy", which is also true for Duke Nukem.

+ text looks like Russian at the beginning of 20th century.

23 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Next time, provide a translation. Not everyone here speaks Russian, let alone the older form.

19 hours ago, Master O said:

Translation needed.

From top to the bottom:

Electronic Entertainment Factory "3D Realms"

Presents

Duke Nukem 3D (There is a play on words there. The first word can mean "Sturdy", or even "Spicy". It is close to another word that means "Nuclear" or "Nukem")

The text is similar to the form of Russian that was used before commies. And there is a grammatical mistake there.

Anyone ever watch "House Hunters" on HGTV? How about a married demon couple wanting to buy a new home in hell? Complete with the whining that they don't like this, don't like that, or the bathroom stinks. Doomguy is the real estate agent of course. He finally gets so tired of hearing it, he blasts them with his BFG. Then Doomguy adopts the demon kids and they all live happily ever after. The end?

5 minutes ago, grouchbag said:

Anyone ever watch "House Hunters" on HGTV? How about a married demon couple wanting to buy a new home in hell? Complete with the whining that they don't like this, don't like that, or the bathroom stinks. Doomguy is the real estate agent of course. He finally gets so tired of hearing it, he blasts them with his BFG. Then Doomguy adopts the demon kids and they all live happily ever after. The end?

That will be funny. :D

Thank you, Apaul. Just for the record, I don't watch that show anymore. I like my scifi/horror movies better. Wait...what about "Flea Market Flip"? At least it would give the deons something to do... :D

On 3/31/2018 at 6:01 AM, DeXiaZ said:

600px-Duke_Nukem_boyar.jpgWouldn't russian duke 3d just be Liquidator 3d?

1 minute ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Not Brutal doom...please.

I'm talking about every single gameplay mods. Not just Brutal Doom, but also Russian Overkill, Samsara, Ouch_m and Abort_m (why i did add those mods imao), Trail Blazer, WW-Cola 3, QC: DOOM Edition, Kriegsland, Aeons of Death, Gloom Busters, Hearts of Demons, Juvenile Power Fantasy, sans., Netronian Chaos, and more. I can't list all of the Gameplay mods, sorry.

7 minutes ago, Apaul27 said:

I'm talking about every single gameplay mods. Not just Brutal Doom, but also Russian Overkill, Samsara, Ouch_m and Abort_m (why i did add those mods imao), Trail Blazer, WW-Cola 3, QC: DOOM Edition, Kriegsland, Aeons of Death, Gloom Busters, Hearts of Demons, Juvenile Power Fantasy, sans., Netronian Chaos, and more. I can't list all of the Gameplay mods, sorry.

I love Samsara. =)

So, you know how Quake 1 has overbright support? As in, brightness can go up to 200%?

So, a Quake port that uses an HDR TV to represent overbright as true HDR bloom blingbling. Hell, I'd do it myself if a decent HDR TV wasn't like, 3 months of my pay.

Moar Dakka:  A mod where you can pick up chainguns, and the more chainguns you pick up, the more your firepower is.  It's possible to pick up enough chainguns to fill up the entire border of the screen.

Dodgeball:  The demons challenge the UAC to a game of dodgeball

I've also thought about the idea of making a tactical first person shooter mod.

35 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Dodgeball:  The demons challenge the UAC to a game of dodgeball

Already exist, BTW.

36 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

I've also thought about the idea of making a tactical first person shooter mod.

Same is here. I remember the Skulltag mod which allows to play different playerclasses. It was good, but as far as I know this mod is not famous. Even more, I don't recall the name of this mod.

BUT the MAIN Tactical FPS Mod is "Hideous Destructor", of course.

37 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Moar Dakka:  A mod where you can pick up chainguns, and the more chainguns you pick up, the more your firepower is.  It's possible to pick up enough chainguns to fill up the entire border of the screen.

This mod is good and not released idea, +1

18 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Already exist, BTW.

Same is here. I remember the Skulltag mod which allows to play different playerclasses. It was good, but as far as I know this mod is not famous. Even more, I don't recall the name of this mod.

BUT the MAIN Tactical FPS Mod is "Hideous Destructor", of course.

This mod is good and not released idea, +1

Oh, where can I download the dodgeball mod?

Also, when I mean "tactical first person shooter", I mean things like regenerating health, two weapon limits requiring you to manually pick things up with the use key, and realistic player movement.  Basically Call of Duty in Id Tech 1.  Stupid, I know.

I was recently thinking of a mod that contained assets from bizarre and terrible FPS games from the 90s i've sorta already made a prototype thing. err... 

9 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Oh, where can I download the dodgeball mod?

Why not just to google for it?

9 minutes ago, Mike Anderson said:

Also, when I mean "tactical first person shooter", I mean things like regenerating health, two weapon limits requiring you to manually pick things up with the use key, and realistic player movement.  Basically Call of Duty in Id Tech 1.  Stupid, I know.

That's why this thread named "stupid mod idea". BTW, CoD in Id Tech 1 exists too

Another doom wad idea:  Kirby Doom.  A gameplay mod that allows you to eat any enemy and obtain their abilities, until you drop it and eat another.

Oh yeah, another.  Barney Bunch Doom.  Where you rape your enemies and turn them all gay like HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFAGHAFAGHAFAG SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI Bag, that was swell.

But then again, that would be a Terry Crew type wad...

Mike Anderson, you have a really weird sense of humor. But rape? Gay? Rape is wrong, and there's nothing the matter with a person being gay. Terry wads are shit. That's my idea. Guess my sense of humor is much weirder than yours.

1 hour ago, grouchbag said:

Mike Anderson, you have a really weird sense of humor. But rape? Gay? Rape is wrong, and there's nothing the matter with a person being gay. Terry wads are shit. That's my idea. Guess my sense of humor is much weirder than yours.

What would you expect? He is a furry after all.