Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

Ahh another stupid question by me,this time for a concept

Question

So this stupid question is about the new concept i work on.It is a nuclear post-apocalyptic land with only mere remnants of a city.I plan to add zombies as enemies,but do they fit in the nuclear theme?

14 answers to this question

latest?cb=20160302131118B1_zombie.gif

Blood's Zombies looks like Ghouls from Fallout games. So why not? But it's better to delete this axe from his hand if you're gonna use this

Instead of undead, Night of the Living Dead type zombies, they would be radioactive and infectious, 28 Days Later type zombies.

12 hours ago, Ichor said:

Instead of undead, Night of the Living Dead type zombies, they would be radioactive and infectious, 28 Days Later type zombies.

are there resources from doom for them?Because i am targeted for now at civilians and mutant folks.For example Infernal SPider variations,head monsters,and civilians tf there are some in Zharkov goes to the shop.I will think about putting zombies again there.Well,i first need to complete my outdoor-only post-apocalyptic map with city ruins and utterly-unrealistic chasms

1 hour ago, CaptainManiac said:

are there resources from doom for them?Because i am targeted for now at civilians and mutant folks.For example Infernal SPider variations,head monsters,and civilians tf there are some in Zharkov goes to the shop.I will think about putting zombies again there.Well,i first need to complete my outdoor-only post-apocalyptic map with city ruins and utterly-unrealistic chasms

The main difference between those two zombie types is that the undead ones shamble along slowly, while the rabid ones run at you. Of course, the Doom zombie type is neither of these. They're more like deadites than zombies anyway (i.e. possessed by demons), so it's not much of a stretch to make them work in a nuclear wasteland setting.

3 hours ago, Ichor said:

The main difference between those two zombie types is that the undead ones shamble along slowly, while the rabid ones run at you. Of course, the Doom zombie type is neither of these. They're more like deadites than zombies anyway (i.e. possessed by demons), so it's not much of a stretch to make them work in a nuclear wasteland setting.

So where to find such a resource pack?In Reslm667 there are mostly deadites and monsters that can be used as mutants

1 minute ago, DeXiaZ said:

Blood's Zombies looks like Ghouls from Fallout games. So why not? But it's better to delete this axe from his hand if you're gonna use this

i completely suck at spriting

Also,from where are the human enemies in Grezzo 2?I see in this mnod there are many people varying from kids to priests and bandits(i know priests are from Blood),but other people are from where?They are not in Zharkov,nor are they in Happy Time Circus,where are they?

On 3/31/2018 at 7:41 PM, DeXiaZ said:

Thinking of Ghouls you are right,Zombie Fodders look much similar to both Ghouls from Fallout and Blood.Thanks

2 hours ago, CaptainManiac said:

Thinking of Ghouls you are right,Zombie Fodders look much similar to both Ghouls from Fallout and Blood.Thanks

Zombie Fodder is a good choice.

Most of Dooms vanilla roster work well in a nuclear setting imo.

We know these things are demons because the game said so but I think they could've been mutants and super-soldiers just as easily. The Lost Soul, the PE are exceptions here though.

With some extra effort, you can come up with an explanation for the revenant, the archvile and the bruisers.

1 hour ago, Zulk RS said:

Most of Dooms vanilla roster work well in a nuclear setting imo.

We know these things are demons because the game said so but I think they could've been mutants and super-soldiers just as easily. The Lost Soul, the PE are exceptions here though.

With some extra effort, you can come up with an explanation for the revenant, the archvile and the bruisers.

This is how I would classify the vanilla Doom monsters with regard to how well they would fit in a post-apocalyptic nuclear setting.

Works very well:

Zombieman, Sergeant, Chaingunner: Super-soldiers/irradiated military troops

Demons, Spectres: Horribly mutated into abominations

Mancubus: Horribly mutated into abominations, possibly horribly mutated soliders (hence the flamethrowers)

Works well enough:

Revenant: Horribly mutated into abominations, tissue and muscles burned away, further modified by technology

Arachnotron, Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind: Horribly mutated abomination further modified by technology

Works well with caveats:

Imp: Horribly mutated into abominations, melee attack works very well, flame attack (from the palm) seems out of place

Hell Knight, Baron of Hell: Horribly mutated into abominations (probably had anger issues prior to being mutated), melee attack works very well, flame attack seems out of place

Archvile: Horribly mutated into abominations, emaciated wasted away due to time out in the wasteland, flame attack seems out of place, resurrection power seems out of place

Doesn't fit:

Lost soul

Cacodemon

Pain elemental

SS officer (they look too healthy, at least the other humans/former humans are bloody)

Boss spitter

Keens and Romero heads would fit, at least as decorations. A person hung and a head on a stake wouldn't look horribly out of place in a wasteland over-run by hyper-powered mutated individuals with clear anger issues.

IMO, all mentioned monsters must be melee-redesigned. I mean, no fireballs. For the Post-Apocalyptic atmosphere they all must use only hands