Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

The only game I've ever bought in a physical form is Midnight Outlaw: 6 Hours to Sun Up. It's a terrible game and I felt ripped off. In fact, I ended up throwing it in the trash since I thought no one deserved to waste their time with it. Yeah...

All of my other games are in digital form.

15 hours ago, an_mutt said:

Shelley's Ozymandias.

I haven't read that in ages. Thanks for reminding me of its place in poetry history.

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" A phrase that has entered the lexicon, indeed.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

The only game I've ever bought in a physical form is Midnight Outlaw: 6 Hours to Sun Up. It's a terrible game and I felt ripped off. In fact, I ended up throwing it in the trash since I thought no one deserved to waste their time with it. Yeah...

All of my other games are in digital form.

'bout trashing, that's what I did with my physical copy of A:CM. I'm so glad I never activated the key, my library would've stunk forever lmao.

I have quite a few physical copies of various games, most notably from the NFS series from Underground up until Hot Pursuit 2010, but missing Pro Street and the Shift games, then MK9, Darkness II, Crysis Maximum Edition, and a couple more. I haven't bought physical copies for a few years now too.

I've written some poetry years ago in finnish and english. Then I got depressed, and haven't written much since. But here's a little one...

I'm too dumb to talk.
Hey, not you too?
Talk to me plenty.
Ultra-Vocabulary.
No more words!

I have played the keyboard for some 2 years now. Still don't know how to read notes properly/quickly. I just play it for fun.

I used to wear spikey chokers and black makeup and headbang to live metal music. I still enjoy metal, but don't go out anymore.

I've come to realize some art styles can make me feel sick, say, in video games or movies or shows or whatever. Mostly with games. There had been points in my life I willfully skipped over what some people claim to be "pure gold" because their art-style made me feel ill, and I would rather play something else. For example, just watching a clip of "Hello Neighbor" on Youtube made me want to play HDTF. I think HDTF is shit. No, I know HDTF is shit. But there is something so stupid/disturbing/weird that makes me never want to lay my eyes on "Hello Neighbor" again, and that same something makes me want to pick the most trashy game of 2018 and play that instead (even though I don't have the game, I just watched the streams).

I guess my sense of distaste is weird, or something.

2 hours ago, Era Di Cate said:

I've come to realize some art styles can make me feel sick, say, in video games or movies or shows or whatever. Mostly with games. There had been points in my life I willfully skipped over what some people claim to be "pure gold" because their art-style made me feel ill, and I would rather play something else.

I guess my sense of distaste is weird, or something.

No, it isn't. I believe that a person's body will have exaggerated reactions to things that directly trigger some kind of emotion. For me it mostly tends to be music that triggers these things, but I'm sure that other people will likely have other triggers that aren't necessarily of the audible variety.

For instance, I always find myself getting ill whenever I hear really shitty hip-hop or rap (which compose about 98% of their respective genres as far as I'm concerned), whereas a good rock song has the opposite effect. Most of the songs that get super popular nowadays are physically painful for me, thank god it doesn't take long for most people to seemingly forget about them forever.

i wanna introduce myself to this new generation of furry doomworlders/modders but feel locked out of teh culture cos im old now

12 hours ago, Era Di Cate said:

I've come to realize some art styles can make me feel sick

10 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

For instance, I always find myself getting ill whenever I hear really shitty hip-hop or rap

It must be quite a rough life if merely ugly visuals or sounds cause you to feel ill, without you having a real disease or allergy.

4 hours ago, printz said:

It must be quite a rough life if merely ugly visuals or sounds cause you to feel ill, without you having a real disease or allergy.

Believe it or not, I actually have an easy life because of this. How many times did I dodge actually being ill, by feeling I could get ill whilst near such situation. It's more of a blessing, I guess /s

14 hours ago, yakfak said:

.... cos im old now

You and me, both.

And the sad thing is, it's irreversible. Heh.

4 minutes ago, BJ34 said:

I always talk to myself.

Does anyone not do that? Maybe they don't do it out loud, but it seems to be a pretty common thing. I think.

9 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Does anyone not do that? Maybe they don't do it out loud, but it seems to be a pretty common thing. I think.

I always do it aloud.

17 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Same here. I even get into some heated arguments! 

^ Yea.

11 hours ago, printz said:

Only if I'm dumb enough to end up in a situation where I will be unavoidably exposed to such things. It's not like most people deliberately watch/listen to things they don't like on a regular basis, especially if those things have a negative emotional/physical effect on them.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:54 PM, Ledillman said:

I suffer from acrophobia and tachophobia

I have or suffer from Trypophobia, so I feel ya.

I feel that everytime someone mentions a phobia I have to google it to even have an idea of what it's about.

8 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I feel that everytime someone mentions a phobia I have to google it to even have an idea of what it's about.

Yeah, they have such strange names and many aren't suggestive at all, so you can't read a phobia's name and be like "hm, so this must be about "X" ".

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Yeah, they have such strange names and many aren't suggestive at all, so you can't read a phobia's name and be like "hm, so this must be about "X" ".

That's probably because they're mostly composed of Latin (I think...), and since most people don't know how to speak Latin beyond what has been absorbed into modern lingo it isn't exactly intuitive.

Interesting tidbit: take the technical name of any fear, replace "-phobia" with "-philia" and you've gone from a fear to a fetish! Now you can subtly claim to be sexually excited by balloons (Globophobia -> Globophilia)! The same also works in reverse!

I have thalassophobia, which is fear of the sea, but it can also extend to fear of the unknown in the sea also.

2 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

I have thalassophobia, which is fear of the sea, but it can also extend to fear of the unknown in the sea also.

I’m fearful of the sea and deep water in general. It’s the unknown part that gives me the chills.

1 minute ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I’m fearful of the sea and deep water in general. It’s the unknown part that gives me the chills.

What gives me chills is being a few meters underwater, or just enough to barely see any light. It's like a descent into an abyss, or the abyss sucking you in, with the last light slowly fading away.

17 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Also, the fact that 'deep sea gigantism' is a thing. Eeeugh.

Just thinking of giant nightmares swimming around in the cold and inky depths of the abyss is enough to make me nervous and I don’t even live anywhere near an ocean.

Random (and honestly pretty dull) fact: I have acrophobia. BUT, I do like rollercoasters and going to those zipline parks or whatever they're called.