Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

Community Chest Project

Torn said:

Well, and don't forget texture alignment, I used like 1hour on fixing my texture alignment in abandoned mines ii... :)

That's all??

I've never done before, but it seems like it would take me longer than that, hope i get as fast as you.

Texture alignment isn't such a pain in the ass if you do it as you go, which is part of the reason I put monsters in so late -- it's easier to spot misalignments and other bugs if you're not worrying about the baddies.

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of recording a demoset for the Community Megawad?

It might be interesting if a few players got together and recorded the maps. I'm not talking about compet-n level recording. Just normal recording for the fun of it.

I could do a few. Perhaps some others are interested?

Rich said:

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of recording a demoset for the Community Megawad?

It might be interesting if a few players got together and recorded the maps. I'm not talking about compet-n level recording. Just normal recording for the fun of it.

I could do a few. Perhaps some others are interested?

Definitely up for that one.

None of my maps are preplanned. some of the traps are sketched down, but my levels just grow and grow... some get bigger than others but its always the same.
I'm willing to record some demos of this project for sure.

nobbjob said:

None of my maps are preplanned. some of the traps are sketched down, but my levels just grow and grow... some get bigger than others but its always the same.
I'm willing to record some demos of this project for sure.

im not that creative on the spot takes me a while b4 i even have a sniff of an idea of what to do

Guys from CC team, send me your maps and I will do a demo for it... :)

When I start a level, I choose a mood, or scenario, and pick a sky texture and music for the mood, then build a vague level in my imagination and start working on it. Never used a pen after my very first level. :)

Torn said:

Guys from CC team, send me your maps and I will do a demo for it... :)

that would rock to see my maps played in a demo. SOON! Map12 is coming along again and 13 is started. Keep up the good work everyone!

Sphagne said:

When I start a level, I choose a mood, or scenario, and pick a sky texture and music for the mood, then build a vague level in my imagination and start working on it. Never used a pen after my very first level. :)

Heh, strangely enough, I used to sketch various Doom maps just for fun, before I had any idea of how to actually do it on the computer. Then one day, I decided enough was enough and set out to make a level on my very own. I sketched out a rough idea of what I thought I could accomplish in a first map (Here, if you're interested), and I did it. I haven't drawn a single Doom map since then (although I've only completed three levels since, mind you =) )

Magikal and nobbjob:

Thanks for responding!

I'm in the process of seeing if there is a way to tighten up the mouse sensitivity in prboom-2-2-3 in addition to adjusting a few other things (i.e., slow turning (yes, I still turn) and dim lighting). If I'm unable to do this then we will probably have to use zdoom 1.22 (ver 1.23 doesn't playback lmps properly).

I'm a Legacy user and I should have checked Prboom first but I didn't anticipate these problems. Also, these problems may be unique to my system. Should the source port selection not work out for me I wish you guys well in creating this demo set.

Rich Sham

It would be interesting to see what the port of preference would be to make a demo set. I did maps 1,6,17,20 with ZDoom1.22 (real shame about the lmp issues with 1.23) and it looks great and plays good (not quite as good as Legacy in the 'feel' department imo but still v.good).
How many use PRBoom and how many ZDoom?

well, guys, i have seen my email was wrong (sorry)
Try send your maps, etc... again... :)

Legacy has become my favorite port. I like the feel of it better than any of the others. ZDoom is second on my list.

I don't use boom or prboom unless forced to. JDoom just doesn't seem to like my machine very much.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Any news on the status of the project? (and is RailGunner going to do his maps?)

Whatever happened to him? He used to make like 50 posts a day. I haven't seen him since I came back...

Archvile46 said:

Whatever happened to him? He used to make like 50 posts a day. I haven't seen him since I came back...

I think he might have been banned...

Ultimate DooMer said:

Any news on the status of the project? (and is RailGunner going to do his maps?)

Yep we're due an update. I wonder if Cadman's heard anything? Pistol Panic's really sweet btw, refreshing gameplay.

Archvile46 said:

Whatever happened to him?

Railgunner's current status/title is: "BANNED because I used the DW forums to collect emails to SPAM about my dad's FUCKING RETARDED website".

Grazza said:

Railgunner's current status/title is: "BANNED because I used the DW forums to collect emails to SPAM about my dad's FUCKING RETARDED website".

He is spamming on doomcenter instead...