Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SayWhatOneMoreTime

Programs for pictures.

Question

Since microsoft is damn stupid i can no longer make custom textures and i can no longer use ms paint which was my default program to use for pictures. So what i'm asking is does anyone know of any program i can use that can do custom textures? and save pictures or whatever.

8 answers to this question

If you still use a windows based O.S. try Paint.NET, it's a lightweight image editing software. It's no photoshop, but it gets the job done and beats MS paint on pretty much everything

3 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

If you still use a windows based O.S. try Paint.NET, it's a lightweight image editing software. It's no photoshop, but it gets the job done and beats MS paint on pretty much everything

I forgot about paint.net, as long as microsoft doesn't remove it along with four other wads i had on my computer then i'll try it.

3 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

I forgot about paint.net, as long as microsoft doesn't remove it along with four other wads i had on my computer then i'll try it.

wat

26 minutes ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

Microsoft can be a b*tch at times.

No, @Arctangent is confused because Microsoft don't own or develop paint.net, and thus can't deprecate it. What you said thus doesn't align with any reality.

It's also neither a .wad, related to .wads in any shape or form, nor would Microsoft do anything to .wad files unless some party involved really went off the deep end.

I used to use the classic MS Paint for spriting and was sad when it was changed drastically in Windows 7. You can use this instead. It's the classic MS Paint program that will run on Windows 7 or 10.

Alternatively, use Paint.NET, GIMP 2, or Ultimate Paint. If you aren't afraid of using DOSBox or a VM, I'd recommend Deluxe Paint 2 3.0, which I believe is abandonware now.

Edited by R4L