Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

21 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

What is a Klingon starship without its warp core?

(wip)

Screenshot_Doom_20180409_184311.png

Are you using the textures from the Klingon fps?

EDIT: Honour guard?

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

aKGYWk6.png

Still using blue textures.

Sexy

What's the best way to recolour textures? I've been experimenting with slade but with mixed results

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

aKGYWk6.png

Still using blue textures.

This looks sexy as hell and so magical.

5 minutes ago, Liberation said:

Are you using the textures from the Klingon fps?

EDIT: Honour guard?

Yes, and also from Elite Force: there was a level set on a Klingon Bird of Prey.

2 minutes ago, Angry Saint said:

Yes, and also from Elite Force: there was a level set on a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Crickey you have a good memory! Can only remember the borg stuff really.

Anyway fair play and get it finished!

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Sexy

What's the best way to recolour textures? I've been experimenting with slade but with mixed results

I myself use Photoshop and Slade- sometimes setting up a "gradient" works wonders when used with the game's palette- even better with a custom one!

59 minutes ago, Fuzzball said:

I myself use Photoshop and Slade- sometimes setting up a "gradient" works wonders when used with the game's palette- even better with a custom one!

Thanks, I"ll have a play with it in the weekend

Bringing back sexy, with Doom 1's fourth added episode, but this time with the joy that is @Revenant100's Minor Sprite Fixing applied for future screens. Next stop, Master Levels for Doom II!

Spoiler

lBidhZN.png
g3YEYwr.png
LUn1408.png
VSkNgBb.png
i9MbnrO.png
QWs8cLg.png
CXUXpoi.png
T1FwmH5.png
tBJSTcN.png
BclKO84.png
Yfc03zk.png
Q0kBEnR.png
QMUu3Dn.png
aB1U6Pd.png
t0G3a6Y.png
DYZ60Gd.png
m3yNdFG.png
I07d5UX.png
JyVcEM5.png
7TgEAss.png
a0i1BJD.png
YomHhEl.png
YCv4DiI.png
nYlvu8C.png
SCWqtrj.png
jQctS6f.png
6M7YHT4.png
5zhE5eo.png
W9YvpAF.png
EQlx3p2.png

I wish people would get together to make a master levels for Ultimate Doom project.

7 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

I'll echo what Fuzzball said. Photoshop is one of the best ways to recolour custom textures. If you don't have Photoshop, you may try another graphic designing tools that can change the hue easily, such as Medibang Paint.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Bringing back sexy, with Doom 1's fourth added episode, but this time with the joy that is @Revenant100's Minor Sprite Fixing applied for future screens. Next stop, Master Levels for Doom II!

Hide contents

tBJSTcN.png

Has anybody else ever noticed that the "O" in "Unto the Cruel" looks a little off? It's all small and doesn't follow the same style as the rest of Doom's WILV graphics.

EDIT: It's the same in "And Hell Followed" too.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Has anybody else ever noticed that the "O" in "Unto the Cruel" looks a little off? It's all small and doesn't follow the same style as the rest of Doom's WILV graphics.

I juuuust noticed this while playtesting UDINO a week ago. Definitely one of those "so insignificant that no one cares about it but Doom fanatics"-things.

17 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

How to fix Duke3D levels for GZDoom, Part 1/43 - Port textures.

qarlAXD.png

Haven't seen those textures since mapping in Ken Silverman's Build. Another blast from the past!

11 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

I thought I recognized some textures there.

26 minutes ago, Byeblothingal 1024 said:

this wad looks like it should be named WICKED.Wad, fuckin AWESOME LOOKIN!

Cheers mate. It's called The Age of Hell

Meanwhile, shits gets real in AV.

This map is beautiful and pretty damn intense although I certainly wouldn't call it insane. I did die like 10 times or so but pretty much all of my deaths have been errors of mine (like poorly timing the blasting of Cyb and eat a rocket nearly at point blank, or rushing to the roof only to be assaulted by a wave of Hell Knights and Barons led by an Arch-Vile instead of killing as many as I could from downstairs despite clearly hearing who's there, forgetting about the homing Revenant missiles and eventually getting hit, and other similar situations).

I'm glad I preserved the cells, up until this point I relied mostly on the Rocker Launcher and the SSG, and the fist wherever I ran into a bunch of Pinkies. But gosh isn't this thing long, it's been an hour since I'm playing it and I'm still not done, I'm yet to pick up the red key at the time of posting this. Certainly the longest map for now, the previous longest level was the egyptian map, which took my 55min. to complete due to those confusing hellish caves and backtracking near the end. The music is fantastic as well, another plus for the action and atmosphere, epic.

Good shit :v .

doom00.png

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom03.png

doom04.png

doom05.png

Edited by Agent6

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

EDIT: It's the same in "And Hell Followed" too.

6 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Yeah, it looks more like a zero than a O.

DVO44Do.png

The original 'O' is much wider (cf. "TOTAL"), the original zero is more square just with rounded corners. The 'O' in the two Thy Flesh Consumed title graphics is noticably more rounded. Perhaps it was an experiment that was discarded, as Final Doom did not retain it (or alternatively, the Final Doom iwads' title graphics were made by TeamTNT/Casali out of the older doom2.wad titles, and used by id as supplied).

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

See ;)

Great? Yeah damn right, but now I'm on MAP27 iirc and oh my fucking god it's the exact slaughter type I was afraid. No doubt, this map is insane but I'm close to finishing it, after saving like every minute or so.

On 4/9/2018 at 1:06 PM, Angry Saint said:

What is a Klingon starship without its warp core?

(wip)

Screenshot_Doom_20180409_184311.png

WOAH!! To answer your question; it's a paper weight floating helplessly through space without a warp core! 
My question to you is; what is the temperature (in Fahrenheit) of the inside (the part inside the pipes out of naked sight) & outside (the part you're looking at in the picture) of such cores you speak of on this topic ?

On 4/8/2018 at 4:45 AM, Andy Johnsen said:

UDMF obnoxiousness in the works, at a celebratory sidedef # (probably more already than all of Alien Vendetta combined...ouch)

stats.jpg

These Aliens that are in these constant Vendettas all take a break & stand in awe with their jaws hanging 7 & 5/8th inches down for 13.84 seconds at the notion of these stats before snapping out of it & getting back to utmost hatred with the worst of vengeances to yet be unfolding upon each other for a long time to come of uninterrupted pitiful snuff dead...