Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

17 minutes ago, yakfak said:

lol the old reviews are a stunning cavalcade of "three stars because even though it's brilliant and inventive I couldn't breeze through it like I autopilot other maps"

grove is a serious treasure

What an understatement, ITS MOAR THEN THAT!

3 hours ago, invictius said:

Screenshot_Doom_20171227_113713.png

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

-First and last pic: Grove

-Second pic and 6th pic: either DBAB or Aeondm

The 6th pic is Morgenstern, or tigerdm3, by Tiger. Couple maps are really pretty with advanced effects, but others are bland and none play particularly well in the dm modes they were designed for, especially when said effects are used gratuitously, causing heavy fps lag. Honestly only a couple maps from Morgenstern are playable; some are reused maps from tigerdm2, one is a shoot.wad remake, but instead of walls there are long drop-offs, one is a copy of another map in this same pack, but this time with 100K fog "things," and some others just look like within-limits vanilla detailing. But the pack as a whole is worth checking out, if just to look at the handful of maps worth seeing. Might be fun to play a select few maps if you have a group of 4-8+ friends (or in the case of at least one map, 32+) with all reasonably powerful PC's.

Just now, Fonze said:

The 6th pic is Morgenstern, or tigerdm3, by Tiger. Couple maps are really pretty with advanced effects, but others are bland and none play particularly well in the dm modes they were designed for, especially when said effects are used gratuitously, causing heavy fps lag. Honestly only a couple maps from Morgenstern are playable; some are reused maps from tigerdm2, one is a shoot.wad remake, but instead of walls there are long drop-offs, one is a copy of another map in this same pack, but this time with 100K fog "things," and some others just look like within-limits vanilla detailing. But the pack as a whole is worth checking out, if just to look at the handful of maps worth seeing. Might be fun to play a select few maps if you have a group of 4-8+ friends (or in the case of at least one map, 32+) with all reasonably powerful PC's.

K, i definitely think that the 2nd pic is a mechanix union thing tho

Does anyone know if there's a player skin that looks like this somewhere? This pic is from a preview for HeXeReTiC Fantasy. I really like the skin. If it isn't anywhere, could someone make one for me? Message me to get info as to what his sounds should be. :)

2018-03-27-08-40-34-1.png

20 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Does anyone know if there's a player skin that looks like this somewhere? This pic is from a preview for HeXeReTiC Fantasy. I really like the skin. If it isn't anywhere, could someone make one for me? Message me to get info as to what his sounds should be. :)

2018-03-27-08-40-34-1.png

Not the same, but very thematically similar to the Hunter skins which may be to your liking: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/skins/hskins

On mercredi 21 mars 2018 at 3:45 PM, Gothic said:

Does somebody still have that fake BTSX e3 wad? It was released on an April Fools thread and seems like any trace of it was deleted from doomworld.

I do.

https://ufile.io/iiunw

Looking for a texture pack that includes the animated gray and brown water waterfalls.

Edited by Royal_Sir

Gothic texture set(you can find it on afterglow doom page) or overused cc4-tex compilation. 

Also zoon-tex also have them. 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but...

Can anyone recommend any SP wads by Deathmatcher (that isn't DTS-T)?

20 hours ago, invictius said:

Looking for the wad that had this midi to it!  (Is it a notable piece btw, or just uncredited?)

D_RUNNIN.zip

Its from Memento mori 2 MAP17: No One, track is "Organic Gods" (now called "Destiny") by mark klem

On 4/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, Eris Falling said:

Looks like S.U.P.E.R. Natural

I'm not so sure about that, I started that wad up and let's just say I wouldn't have gotten far enough into it to find this area the first time around.

That area also makes me wonder where it drew inspiration from the most. It reminds me a damn lot about what you'd see inside a Combine Citadel or facility from HL2 or, even closer, Source mods such as Minerva.

11 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

I don't suppose you know the map number?  Looking around for that area on a slow computer is kind of ugh.

A gothic styled wad I've downloaded but forgot the name and where I downloaded it. Gothic style, name has something to do with a band, mugshots were from a shotgun cultist from Blood.

Looking for the wad that combines all of Heretic episode 1 into a single map. I think it's named one of the words below:

Memorial
Ceremony
Monumental

Memorial has all Doom 2 maps merged into one. I don't know about the other two....maybe it's made up :)

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Memorial has all Doom 2 maps merged into one. I don't know about the other two....maybe it's made up :)

I definitely played it last year.

But then again this is DOOMworld, not Hereticworld.

5 hours ago, ClumsyWizard said:

But then again this is DOOMworld, not Hereticworld.

Okay......weird assumption. Most folks who played Heretic (which I also does) can tell you that. And, afaik, idk if there's such a map....

Looking for Nick of Time. Ratcliffe's hosted site is dead and archive.org never snapped it. I think I remember visiting the website back when it was up but it was a long time ago. I don't have high hopes for a PWAD where the blaster's base is a cheese grater but I have had and will have much worse.