Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Wow! Do I see some Austerity inspiration in these shots?

Main influences:

Simplicity/Earth/AAliens

Yet I attempted to make it my own tech set, definitely accomplished something in the later levels : )

Liked it. Fun. But something I haven't seen mentioned. The nukage pool in MAP03 and the lava pool in MAP06 (where you have to walk on skinny rails above it) - HOMs all over the place in those rooms. Tried it in ZDoom and GZDoom. Is it because I use software rendering? Didn't see hardware mode specified in the textfile.

Edit: Also, I didn't see mentioned that crouching was required. I wasn't sure about jumping. Don't think I needed that.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

5 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Liked it. Fun. But something I haven't seen mentioned. The nukage pool in MAP03 and the lava pool in MAP06 (where you have to walk on skinny rails above it) - HOMs all over the place in those rooms. Tried it in ZDoom and GZDoom. Is it because I use software rendering? Didn't see hardware mode specified in the textfile.

Edit: Also, I didn't see mentioned that crouching was required. I wasn't sure about jumping. Don't think I needed that.

Thanks for the input, yes, OpenGL is a must for this one!! I just assumed thats openGL is a standard nowadays. I did not get mirrors with OpenGL, although I didnt test in hardware mode!!

I tried to avoid jumping, but crouching seems like classic stuff. Im glad it played OK overall though in GZDoom, I mostly play on Zandronum.

This started off so promising.  Then I died in an instant kill pit.  Then I had to trek through sludge that slowed me to a crawl.  These things really suck the fun out of what is otherwise really good.

A great start to this day! This project will be remembered for good gameplay and design. Not a rich detailing compensates for new textures and the presence of dynamic lights. By the way, the music is very well chosen. Total length is frustrating. The project runs out rather quickly.

There are a couple of censures. First, it's a fight in the room with a red key on the 3rd map. A large group of revenants and spectres leaves a minimal chance to survive. Secondly, I could not get out of the pit with the teleport on the 4th map. I had to use the cheat. In the case of the latter, I probably broke something, because started playing with a software renderer.

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  First Demo Attempt - GZDoom 3.2.5 (with saves)

In general, it is exellent ... but too not enough.
In my collection:

Spoiler

Blue_4-5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Detailing (3 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_3-5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_3-5.png - In my collection (3 / 5)
Green_4-5.png - For community (4 / 5)

Liking the look of this, judging by the screenshots. I'll give this a spin when I have the time.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:35 AM, Bryan T said:

This started off so promising.  Then I died in an instant kill pit.  Then I had to trek through sludge that slowed me to a crawl.  These things really suck the fun out of what is otherwise really good.

Yes, it gets tough, although I thought the sludge pit was a good twist, to make it more of a labyrinth, instead of just killing monsters, thanks for the input though!! I plan on making another mini-episode soon, with less ambient challenges.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:42 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

A great start to this day! This project will be remembered for good gameplay and design. Not a rich detailing compensates for new textures and the presence of dynamic lights. By the way, the music is very well chosen. Total length is frustrating. The project runs out rather quickly.

There are a couple of censures. First, it's a fight in the room with a red key on the 3rd map. A large group of revenants and spectres leaves a minimal chance to survive. Secondly, I could not get out of the pit with the teleport on the 4th map. I had to use the cheat. In the case of the latter, I probably broke something, because started playing with a software renderer.

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  First Demo Attempt - GZDoom 3.2.5 (with saves)

In general, it is exellent ... but too not enough.
In my collection:

Hide contents

Blue_4-5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Detailing (3 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_3-5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_3-5.png - In my collection (3 / 5)
Green_4-5.png - For community (4 / 5)

Hi @StormCatcher.77,

Thanks for the great critique. Yes, map04 was one of my serious concerns during testing, and it gets quite confusing, however, I released it anyway as was, cause my tester said it was a pain but overall a good level once you figure out the gameplay.

As for map03, Im glad you chose the words minimal chance, since these are all one key levels : )

Would you say it would be worth it to release version 2? With some simpler gameplay on Map04, do you have some time to possibly re-work some stuff with me?

Thanks again!

@zerolizer

It is difficult for me to predict the development of your project. Of course, it's worth correct the difficult moment on the 3rd map and taking into account all the options for player's behavior on the 4th to exclude the stuck.

I am ready to accord any possible assistance. What exactly can I help you with?

Sick maps with fluent gameplay, great enemy placements and closets. Ammo is used perfectly as well as powerups and health . Midis are sweet as too. Good effort!

EDIT: Just noticed complaints about the sludge tunnels. Don't listen to them. It may slow down the gameplay but that doesn't make it less fun, its tense wading through the corridors awaiting the next specter or shotgun guy to be thrown at you, as well as being aware that your suit doesn't last forever

On 22.03.2018 at 1:51 AM, nervewar said:

Just got done with the first 2 levels. Really fun and enjoyed the music on the second map a lot.

Thanks, you can download it here if you want to.

link

I finished this today, pretty good. I liked that "waddling through slime" part although maybe the slowdown was too much, you practically stop immediately as soon as you stop moving! Good idea to pressure the player, that red key hazard was also good. Have you played UAC Ultra, where you need oxygen suits etc, that's what it reminded me of, more wads should put some time pressure on the player to make him push forward!

Good maps all around, I liked the possesed scientists too, even though they pose no challenge at all, good for variety :D Maybe you could make them rush directly to the player faster, berserker mode! Or make them appear behind the player when he is focused on Cacos or Shotgunners.

I think this mapset needed more traps overall.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:07 PM, 8Bit Shocker said:

Thanks, you can download it here if you want to.

link

Do you have a link to all the midis used in this wad?

42 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

You can extract music from wads and pk3s with SLADE.

4 minutes ago, VGA said:

You can extract music from wads and pk3s with SLADE.

Yeah true, just thought if he had a handy youtube/dropbox link lying around it'd be nice

On 24.04.2018 at 2:59 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Well, I made those so yep, I have midis and tabs for guitar as well.

And here's the link to all midis from this Wad (some of them didn't make it to the final version) and every other doom midi/mp3 I created, enjoy.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/44y4d5mevey57pd/MIDISandMP3S8BitShockerComplete.zip

2 hours ago, 8Bit Shocker said:

Well, I made those so yep, I have midis and tabs for guitar as well.

And here's the link to all midis from this Wad (some of them didn't make it to the final version) and every other doom midi/mp3 I created, enjoy.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/44y4d5mevey57pd/MIDISandMP3S8BitShockerComplete.zip

See @VGA, it was worth asking ;)
Thanks heaps Shocker, sweet midis man!

On 4/13/2018 at 2:17 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Sick maps with fluent gameplay, great enemy placements and closets. Ammo is used perfectly as well as powerups and health . Midis are sweet as too. Good effort!

EDIT: Just noticed complaints about the sludge tunnels. Don't listen to them. It may slow down the gameplay but that doesn't make it less fun, its tense wading through the corridors awaiting the next specter or shotgun guy to be thrown at you, as well as being aware that your suit doesn't last forever

Thanks, yes, the sludge corridor was very fun, some of the better parts of the little episode!! Thanks for playing!!!

On 4/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, BloodGulch said:

I like your work and would you consider joining my Face Book group?

Sure, send me the group page and I will join : )

On 4/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

@zerolizer

It is difficult for me to predict the development of your project. Of course, it's worth correct the difficult moment on the 3rd map and taking into account all the options for player's behavior on the 4th to exclude the stuck.

I am ready to accord any possible assistance. What exactly can I help you with?

Actually, Im just gonna leave it as is, I really want to work on a new map set, maybe 3 maps, will look you up later on in the year!