Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

2 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

BoW8uBT.gif

Alien Vendetta, MAP27

OrXlP8Y.gif

Alien Vendetta, MAP05

Holy fucking shit MAP27 goes full beast on the player. AV gets intense af after MAP24 or so, the sight of the final portals is just such an unimaginable relief, these later levels show no mercy whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Marcaek said:

an animated pic of requiem map03's thin glowing conduit things?

Please allow me to try:

bpKLgKg.gif

Since the flats loop every 24 tics (3 frames × 8 tics per frame), and the scrolling textures on the pipes are width 128, it needed 384 frames to loop correctly, and a 4MB gif. Halving the frame rate to give 192 frames didn't ruin the animation too much, but the file size was still unreasonable, so I also had to halve the image dimensions to 320x240. This resulted in under 1MB which hopefully is small enough to not be too obnoxious for this thread.

6 hours ago, Marn said:

aaa~Screenshot_Doom_20180411_163921.png.b9a91a74a3ed739aeb1402aee2efe728.png

STARTWAL is a good start; If you make the walls above & below an opening upper & lower unpegged & the solid white walls with no unpegged funny business & then in the visual mode put the curser + anywhere on the walls & press " A " & then hold shift & press " A " = all the walls will be aligned nice & pretty.

36 minutes ago, Reinchard said:

Meanwhile in pbr world

You know, I've always been impressed by what old engines could pull off with some tweaking and enhancements. Puts modern games to shame :v .

On 4/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, Honey16 said:

DR3.jpg.37e465496d5b6d1d37648f1ceef6ee9b.jpgDR1.jpg.c400c4db63be2b2038d63aa4fbb31ff8.jpgDR2.jpg.b06857207be5e55cad17360a6c95e1f9.jpg

How have you done this, when I use the texture resize options the chaingun looks like ass butt...but this looks great.

Funny how the Doom 3 stuff isn't anywhere near as offensive in classic Doom as it is in the actual game. I really liked using the D3 weapon pack in D1/2 as well as the D3 sound WAD (qdoom3snd.wad) years ago.

Am I seeing things or does the textures in the screen shot have gloss and normal maps applied?

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

Am I seeing things or does the textures in the screen shot have gloss and normal maps applied?

As I say it's PBR so roughness, ao, metallic and normal are required. You can get more info here:

AA continues:

Hmph, so a suicide exit before this map eh? Not like I even had a ton of stuff in my inventory to begin with, kind of useless in my case :v . But this marks the first encounter with brand new enemies, these invisible ultra fast troopers remind me a lot of the early Combine Elite from HL2. And these flying spheres which fire rockets are just as interesting. I'm so glad they're very easy to dispatch though.

doom00.png

doom01.png

@Agent6, @Bridgeburner56 hey guys can I play your maps? I love those colors and style.

12 minutes ago, Teder said:

@Agent6, @Bridgeburner56 hey guys can I play your maps? I love those colors and style.

-Agent6's screenshots are from a wad called Ancient Aliens, by skillsaw and crew (not by Agent6)

-Bridgeburner56's screenshots are from a work in progress wad called Age of Hell, not release yet.

more i make the level it has revenants a gain but also a shotgun at begginingimage.png.ea4197079710f175bb6474271db0ef76.png image.png.b8140d89e1168fecf2736b34b7876cab.png

image.png.928bc1aeb59dce9e3220d81fdc1f43fa.png image.png.34ff6e68835fa753b8459362ccc5cd7a.png

Edited by xdarkmasterx