Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

37 demos this week.

JudgeDeadd: It's definitely a cl-1 demo.

DoomGuy: Fixed. Thanks!

Regarding the random WAD table-filling first exit festival: don't hold your breath waiting for those to show up. It's going to take a long time to add them all and it won't be in any particular order.

A couple of points about Beginner's demos on Aliens TC (2000):

1) Despite what he says in the text-file, his demos actually use atcud19.bex, and not atcud19.deh. Of course, if you happened to extract all the files from the zip and used prboom-plus, then the autoloading would take care of that anyway, but otherwise it would cause a desync.

2) The TAS movie in 7:22 is not included in the table.

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

No "fist only", "skips the invul", or "reality" annotations for my doom 2 map 32 tysons? :,(

I think yours should be categorized as UV Max, not Tyson either. I guess Andy is totally not easy to put up all these by just one person.

66 demos this week.

V1per: Added.

rehelekretep: Fixed. Thanks!

NIH: I'd give you a 'Reality' if the demo was UV. The other designations aren't important; the doom2 tables are already cluttered with decades of such stuff and don't need anymore.

CrazyDoomguy: Those demos don't sync with the current version.

Good to see all these new '94 PWADs with tables. 👌

The 0:06 pacifist for choppas.wad is missing a Stroller tag. Also, mentioned in the thread, but DidierTranber's inhell.wad NM100 run is invalid as it misses an obtainable secret.

I hate to do this, but there are three missing demos for mayhem15.wad (one UV-Speed and two Pacifists). Again, in your own time Andy. You're doing a great job maintaining the DSDA.

I believe j4rio's tysons for Plutonia MAP01 and MAP02 (14:58 and 7:42, respectively) got skipped over in the update. MAP03 and MAP04 are there, however.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:29 AM, Andy Olivera said:

66 demos this week.

V1per: Added.

rehelekretep: Fixed. Thanks!

NIH: I'd give you a 'Reality' if the demo was UV. The other designations aren't important; the doom2 tables are already cluttered with decades of such stuff and don't need anymore.

I found reason why sync it. Can you download old version and add into zip file? 

On 5/7/2018 at 1:29 AM, Andy Olivera said:

I've been needled into this reaction by certain unnamed parties, but I do think it's worth discussing this matter, so even though in the end it's up to you and your patience, let's talk betas.

Imo, they're not worth retaining in ~90% of cases. People are jumping the gun when recording demos on unstable betas and it's just migraine-inducing. I'd be perfectly happy if you just nuked all the btsx beta demos, for example. Yes, it took years to put out a final version, but we told everyone and most of the community heeded the warning. Same with Going Down, desynced Unholy Realm stuff, Resurgence first release, etc etc. Yet this is completely different from, say, the Scythe 2 situation where people had no indication a "destructive" update would come years later and the demoing output was nothing but amazing.

So yeah, I believe you know what the right approach is, but you should enforce it across the board and don't waver in your resolve! Beta demos are a plague!

71 demos this week.

CrazyDoomguy: I removed those demos when the WAD was updated which, incidentally, was one day after the demos were recorded.

dew: That's my position, more or less. For the moment, though, I'm not removing already-added old versions since the work's already been done. Now the question: was it a mistake to add dante21? 🙂

When the releases have different file-names, and were actual releases (as opposed to WIP, betas, etc.), then it seems reasonable to include them.

59 demos this week.

Grazza: Nah, different names aren't good enough. Recording on an outdated version of a WAD simply because it's older and fits into a contest is bad. dante12 would've been a better choice; it's already on the DSDA and is for a different game with significant alterations in gameplay. Two versions of a twenty year old WAD are enough.

SAV88 & Ancalagon: Fixed. Thanks!