Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Racism question

Why is it racist if you call a black person a nigg*r but if a black person calls a white person a cracker, no one freaks out? Something I just realized now and thought you would like to share thoughts. Also, a neighbour of mine is a well off black person and apparently sued the city because he got a ticket for going 30 kmh over the speed limit and blamed it on racism, and won. So...what do you guys think about this

Hmmm... This spurrs up a question we discussed in english class today.

What causes prejudice? Serously. What starts the hating?

In other words: Why is the human race still spiralling to it's doom in some black hole of stupidity. (either that, or getting whooped by aliens)

Black people never enslaved us white folk and while labeling us as crackers.

I take no offence to the term 'cracker'. Crackers are nastey and nourishing, and you can put a lot of tings on them, they are an ideal snack food.

I think anyone who's race has suffered through centuries of slavery and prejudice shouldn't be punished by such petty misdeeds.

Racism is an excuse used when someone doesn't have a better excuse. Of course, crying "racism!" is the most common form of racism right now: People believe they should get special treatment based purely on the color of their skin.

As for words? Words are words. If you choose to be offended by them, that's your perogative. You may also choose to ignore words, which is nice when people are complaining because they were offended by something.

this is like the "mean people suck" sticker that hare krishnas hand out. they say I suck because I am mean. but isn't saying I suck a mean thing? so pretty much you suck as well since you were mean to me by saying I suck.

it can go on and on. its like a tennis match. the ball goes back and forth, back and forth. no one wants to take the blame or back down.

the worst is being white looking non-white and being accused of being a racist white devil by hebrew isrealite street preachers. now those guys are sick. they dress like earth, wind, & fire, preach about the downfall of the white race and the rise of the "lost tribe of judah". they twist biblical passages to their advantage, in the opposite of the KKK. in a sense these guys are like the black KKK, 'cept they don't burn crosses or lynch white people. you try to call them racist and they throw it back at you. if you ever see them, just ignore them or throw a flash/bang grenade to fuck their heads up. make em think the man is coming for them.

IMJack said:

Racism is an excuse used when someone doesn't have a better excuse.

Ah, nice explanation.

Hmmm... This spurrs up a question we discussed in english class today.

What causes prejudice? Serously. What starts the hating?

In other words: Why is the human race still spiralling to it's doom in some black hole of stupidity. (either that, or getting whooped by aliens)

In answer to your question.

People are ‘driven’ if you will by two factors ‘fear’ and ‘love’. Fear will always lead us to hatred/anger/frustration/discomfort. And love will always lead to peace/confidence/assurance/comfort.
Most people are scared (fear) of the unknown. Whereas they have no problem with things they understand. In this example I will use any skin colour apart from white as the ‘unknown’ factor. And white people as the known (understand) factor. People with same skin colour tend to relate to each other easier than with different skin colours. Thus, they see them as being in the same boat. So are more comfortable with each other.
But at the end of the day we are all in the same boat together. (We are all human)
Please note that what I’ve said applies to more that just skin colour. You can apply this to almost anything in life where people have differences. eg. Religion or lack of, cultural differences, individual differences, sex. Basically anywhere there is a difference.

A term is considered racist when it starts being used in hate. Nigg*r was first to be racist, then Negro, then black, now African-American. Once people start using African-American in vain, that term will be considered racist and some new term will be made.

Just like indians in Canada. Indians, then natives, now aboriginal. Pretty sure I missed some terms in there.

I hate stereotypes, and don't consider myself racist. In fact, I believe the ones that consider people racist towards them are worse racists themselves.

I go by this one(slightly revised)

"Sticks and stones will break some bones, but BFGs only vaporize idiots."

humanity is a flame that feeds on its self, never ending and never full. a quote from one of the books of my ancesstors. and it is true. anyway it is bad to call someone that mainly because of the stigma of the world. you think of riots beating and all kinds of racist shit every time someone says it. as far as i am concerened i dont give a shit who a person is, i treat them the same.
i think it is getting out of hand with what people can sue... and win over. like the lady at my mom's work who is trying to sue over being hurt by useing a scaner. personaly any such greedy person should be cut in half by rusty cables, then feed to hogs. rasism will never end

Sephiroth said:

...personaly any such greedy person should be cut in half by rusty cables, then feed to hogs...

You have a twisted mind.

Your ancestors sound cool :)

An accusaion of racism is racism in itself. I simply treat people according to who they actually are.

Example: A kid with several skeletal deformities came to my junior high a few years back. He was always screwing around, insulting people and just being a general ass...he could get away with it; he was handicapped - Were it any other kid, they'd be getting detentions and other punishment - but not the handicapped kid, oh no...we couldn't be hard on him. If i ever said anything about his behavior, people would just glare at me...I've got a bad prejudice?!?

Do you see what i'm getting at? Being easier on someone who is "different" is still racism or prejudice. I bet if that kid did get suspended or expelled he could get a lawyer to kick the dirt back in the school's face.

NO ONE FREAKS OUT WHEN A BLACK PERSON CALLS A WHITE PERSON A CRACKER?!?!?!? Wher the fuck do you live, ZIMBABWE!?!?!?

You have no idea how many people have been lynched, killed, robbed and beaten to a pulp for even MOUTHING the word.

Idiotic thread

Wobbo said:

Idiotic thread

Not really. This is something everyone should know about and understand. Racisism is still a threat in today's society. It is not idiotic, depending on whatever point of view you look from. Careful how you say things around people. They might take it the wrong way.

Besides, let's at least try to look intelligent here, ok?

hmm, ok, but the idea of the thread is wrong, so far as saying that black people never get in trouble for saying "cracker" which is totally absurd. I stand by the statement that *that* statement was totally idotic and offensive. If anything alientank was denying racism, not me

Wobbo calm the fuck down. I was simply saying that someone could call my a cracker and I wouldn't care. Cracker, ouch that's a food that hurts haha. Ya know? But the second you call them a nigg*r then they get pissed off

Alientank said:
Wobbo calm the fuck down. I was simply saying that someone could call my a cracker and I wouldn't care. Cracker, ouch that's a food that hurts haha. Ya know? But the second you call them a nigg*r then they get pissed off

You might not mind, but not every black person minds being called a nigger. sure, more black folks take offence to nigger then white folks do to cracker, but considering the thousand or so years of oppression our for fathers put them through (and allot of people still are giving them a hard time) then I can under stand some people being a little sensitive about it.

I just like the way white males aren't allowed to make jokes about women or people of any other color, yet we are the brunt of TONS of racist humor coming from every corner of popular culture. Racism will never die because no one will ever let it, or it might when race mixing turns us all a nice shade of slightly brown.... but even then, we'll jsut find a thousand other reasons to look down on everyone who's different or from somewhere else. It's the part of human nature that'll end up wiping us out. Hell, maybe it's natures way of trying to keep our population down by getting us to kill each other? :p

Racism bah, doesn't matter what color or creed you are. Humans all suck.

pritch said:

I never discriminate, I hate everyone.

I'm inching ever closer to that way of thinking. ):(