Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

58 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I ordered these today:
amuse-2020-bvel.jpg
Couldn't help it. ;-)

Nice!

I have a pair of these (except mine has red trim).

I trained in a northern long fist style of kung-fu, not very long, about twice a week for two and a half years. Anyway one time at a special event, this old dude came to the dojo to train with us. He was from the east, had a grey beard and was a grand master. I was used for some of the training demonstrations, this guy was shorter than me and looked light, but just a poke from his fingers knocked the breath out of me. Ah fun times.

48 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

I have come to realize that I often use sophisticated words and sayings while in real life conversations. Like, instead of "Hi!" I say "Greetings!", instead of "Wassup?" I ask "How's the situation (on the front)?" (often followed by a more specific question like "What is your stance on/Do you find [circumstance] to be of liking to you?"). Instead of "Goodbye!" or "Bye!" I say "Farewell!", "Godspeed!" and even "Keep safe!" for those I care the most.

This is kinda weird, in a way similar to knowing your tongue is sitting in your mouth doing nothing. I had probably used such phrases as a joke once and they stuck, especially the "How's the situation on the front?".

The weirdness intensifies when I am typing and/or texting, because, when I do, I use a heckuva lot of slang, be it local or made-up by myself. Examples: "prolly" for "probably", "me thinks" instead of "I think", and so on. So online I speak like a normal being but offline I am a character from an 18th-century novel.

I'd take someone who speaks like an 18th century novel character over someone who uses curse words for 80% of their vocabulary any day.

I don't go to the level you described, but I tend to use more sophisticated and varied vocabulary when I'm writing things compared to the people around me. I personally avoid using slang as much as possible in my speech and writing.

Likewise, when I'm speaking I don't necessarily use more complex or old fashioned words/expressions, but I do tend to use way more words than I need to. I will usually answer yes or no questions by first spending several minutes explaining why I'm going to answer yes or no, and it drives many people (my dad) crazy. Though I find that if I don't explain why I'm answering one way or the other most people (my dad) almost always make a stupid assumption about why I'm answering that way and it only makes things harder.

11 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

almost always make a stupid assumption about why I'm answering that way and it only makes things harder.

Although unrelated, this reminded me of the frustration I had for a while until a few months ago.

Basically, I went through a (short I think) period when almost everyone I talked to seemed to reinterpret what I said or wrote. I made clear as day statements and then they'd say something about what I just said (or answer if it was a question) that made virtually no sense. In my mind I was always like "DO YOU EVEN READ/ COMPREHEND WHAT I SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE, OR ARE YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED?!"

Now truth be said, my statements/opinions/whatever are in fact ambiguous or open to interpretation sometimes, be that on purpose or not, but this never applied here. At some point I decided to stop initiating conversations altogether and talk only when asked because I had enough of saying something only to end up explaining for a while what I just said, like come on...

I'm so glad that period is over and things returned to normal, what a relief.

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Eh, it happens I guess.

I don't really have any difficulty in talking with girls but I don't usually want to because, I don't know, they seem to want to be treated as if they're "special" (and also remember when I said people seem to have really awkward or outright embarrassing ways of talking to girls these days), which I absolutely don't do and never will. I talk and treat them like I do with everyone else, so if they expect to receive some sort of "special treatment" they'll only have their asses handed back.

It wasn't even a date or anything like that, I just went there because I knew she was taking photos of the show, even if the show wasn't that good it didn't cost anything so I was like, well, whatever then. I texted her to tell that I will be there, she looked happy to know about that, but once there, even if I recognized her, I just stick at my spot and didn't say hello, I was just watching. I really felt like a dumbass, what's so hard to make a move and say hello? Goddamnit, this kind of moment makes me realize how stupid I can be in some situations.

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

I find singing to be a deeply uncomfortable act to engage in (despite my fondness of say, joke telling or even public speaking), so much so that I don't even sing by myself where no one can hear me.

I think I would also be embarrassed to be heard singing by other people around me, except the person that I make music with of course ... But here come the question if I would ever have the guts to front on a stage lol, not sure about that one.

1 hour ago, Mayhem666 said:

I think I would also be embarrassed to be heard singing by other people around me, except the person that I make music with of course ... But here come the question if I would ever have the guts to front on a stage lol, not sure about that one.

You don't have to play live if you don't want to anyway. You can keep it as a studio only act. If I ever manage to get a musical project going I'm not going to play live.

1 hour ago, Mayhem666 said:

It wasn't even a date or anything like that, I just went there because I knew she was taking photos of the show, even if the show wasn't that good it didn't cost anything so I was like, well, whatever then. I texted her to tell that I will be there, she looked happy to know about that, but once there, even if I recognized her, I just stick at my spot and didn't say hello, I was just watching. I really felt like a dumbass, what's so hard to make a move and say hello? Goddamnit, this kind of moment makes me realize how stupid I can be in some situations.

Oh... you screwed up there... promising to show up and avoiding contact while being at the rendezvous point...

7 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I ordered these today:
amuse-2020-bvel.jpg
Couldn't help it. ;-)

Those are really cool!

Speaking of which, I've started to realize that I like some women's clothing (I'm straight BTW) to the point where I'll be like "Look at this thing! It's really nice! Wait... it's women's clothing... yeah". I mean, it's not like I couldn't use those clothes, especially in this day and age, but I'd feel awkward as all hell.

Edited by KVELLER : Grammar

3 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Speaking of which, I've started to realize that I like some women clothing (I'm straight BTW) to the point where I'll be like "Look at this thing! It's really nice! Wait... it's women clothing... yeah". I mean, it's not like I couldn't use those clothes, especially in this day and age, but I'd feel awkward as all hell

Order something online, or ask a a trustworthy female friend of yours to help you buy something in a more "convenient" way. Wear at home. Look at mirror. See if something happens, and if so, figure out what it is. Might be worth it. ;-)

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

You don't have to play live if you don't want to anyway. You can keep it as a studio only act. If I ever manage to get a musical project going I'm not going to play live.

Oh... you screwed up there... promising to show up and avoiding contact while being at the rendezvous point...

That's right, the priority is of course to record and release the material to at least have an existence as a band lol.

Yep, I failed on that one definitely, but to be quite honest, I don't think she care at all about that anyway, which would be a relief for me lol.

I tried before that to get to know her (friendly), but I noticed how distant or uninteresed she was when messaging me. So in the end, I shouldn't care less I guess, just too bad.

5 hours ago, beast said:

Nice!

I have a pair of these (except mine has red trim).

I have a pair similar to those as well!  Mine are a bit more industrial looking is all.

These, however, are my favorite pair <3

9 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Speaking of which, I've started to realize that I like some women clothing (I'm straight BTW) to the point where I'll be like "Look at this thing! It's really nice! Wait... it's women clothing... yeah". I mean, it's not like I couldn't use those clothes, especially in this day and age, but I'd feel awkward as all hell.

I'd echo what @Nine Inch Heels said and order online or ask a friend.  There's nothing wrong with this ^_^

I don't see why wearing women's clothing would necessarily make you not-straight, btw :-P

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Order something online, or ask a a trustworthy female friend of yours to help you buy something in a more "convenient" way. Wear at home. Look at mirror. See if something happens, and if so, figure out what it is. Might be worth it. ;-)

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

I'd echo what @Nine Inch Heels said and order online or ask a friend.  There's nothing wrong with this ^_^

Um... maybe I'll do it someday, when I actually have money to spend on that and I'm not living with my parents :P There is no way I'll ever wear high heels though. They look extremely uncomfortable to wear, and that's a big no no for me, despite how nice-looking I think some of them are.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

I don't see why wearing women's clothing would necessarily make you not-straight, btw :-P

I know, I know. It was just a clarification.

7 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

They look extremely uncomfortable to wear, and that's a big no no for me, despite how nice-looking I think some of them are.

Wearing high heels is not for everybody. In fact I think some women would do well not to wear them at all, and strengthen their legs first. Before I digress too much, if you ever need any help or advice in case you wanna try on a pair, let me know.

50 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Speaking of which, I've started to realize that I like some women's clothing (I'm straight BTW) to the point where I'll be like "Look at this thing! It's really nice! Wait... it's women's clothing... yeah". I mean, it's not like I couldn't use those clothes, especially in this day and age, but I'd feel awkward as all hell.

Maybe one day your mindset will turn into "this will look nice on my gf or wife", which is my mindset now ;P  Probably you need to have a gf/wife to fulfill your needs lol

5 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

@Nine Inch Heels Damn, those are pretty! I often wonder how I'd fare with heels someday.

Find yourself a well fitting pair, don't pick too high a heel to start with (about 2 inches are okay for a start) and then you just gotta practice walking properly, while making sure your ancles are stable (don't wobble too much, that's no good).

I have a close friend that's really into collecting high heels. I've never really understood the appeal of expensive, designer shoes. To me, a shoe is a shoe. 

1 minute ago, Ajora said:

To me, a shoe is a shoe. 

To me they are so much more. I don't even know where to start, and I'm too lazy to write a long story about why it's the way it is for me at the moment. I'll just say I still own my first ever pair of high heels, and even though I don't wear them anymore, they have lot of sentimental value for me.

Foot fetishism, heel fetishism and sneaker fetishism certainly play roles when it comes to being a lover of footwear. Sexuality aside, as for fashion, it depends on the person. I don't want something that looks tacky or gaudy, or is needlessly expensive. But fashionable, stylish or just plain cute work for me.

Oh, and comfortable.

I have a shoe fetish and I shower my partner in shoes/boots whenever I can. Or clothing in general really.

1 minute ago, cyan0s1s said:

Oh, and comfortable.

The comfortable part is where it often gets a bit tricky. There are lots of small tricks to make just wearing any high heel more comfortable. Aside of some trickery, actual "technique" in terms of how you distribute your weight in the shoe and when and how you engage your muscles also goes a long way in terms of keeping you "on your toes". ;-)

I always wondered if wearing heels felt like walking when you are too lazy to untie your shoes or force your feet all the way in them, so you just slip your toes or half your foot in and walk around with your heel resting on the back side of the shoe, but then you don't want to crush the backs of your shoes so you try to not put any weight on your heels. Idk does it sound like I thought of this too much? Maybe I'm just lazy often. That said, I really don't care about the clothing I wear, but if I ever found myself in a pair of heels I'd rock 'em. I hope I'd be cute.

9 minutes ago, Fonze said:

I always wondered if wearing heels felt like walking when you are too lazy to untie your shoes or force your feet all the way in them, so you just slip your toes or half your foot in and walk around with your heel resting on the back side of the shoe, but then you don't want to crush the backs of your shoes so you try to not put any weight on your heels.

No, that's not how it works... You actually put weight on the heel, that's what it's there for. It's very similar to how you'd normally walk if it wasn't there. Attempting to not put any weight on the heel is a typical newbie mistake, and also makes those who try walking like that look funny, to say the least. ;-)

Idk does it sound like I thought of this too much?

Yes.. Yes it does :p

if I ever found myself in a pair of heels I'd rock 'em. I hope I'd be cute.

We love you anyway

Well, back in 2007, I became a major fan of Doom and played it for hours and it's because of a Family guy episode where Stewie rides everywhere and went through E1M5: Phobos Labs and killed a few imps on his way home.

1 minute ago, Ye_Illuminator said:

Well, back in 2007, I became fan of Doom and played it for hours because of a Family guy episode where Stewie rides everywhere and went through E1M5: Phobos Labs and killed a few imps on his way home.

Same here! LOL!

i have some family problems

fourteen years and , i create my first mod 

and i am from mexico