Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

4 hours ago, Deadwing said:

I got burnt out of ideas, so I've decided to drawn some random major setpieces to try to find something interesting

KKKr0tFh.jpg

I've started sketching stuff too. When I'm in the zone, I can map by feel and end up with stuff I'm very happy with but I quite often end up struggling to start areas off, particularly at the beginning of a new map. Having a plan is helpful even if you end up with something completely different. Something to get the creative ball rolling

In the meantime things took... an interesting turn in Hell Revealed.

The last level (not the image with the dead Pinky) really sucked, so glad I'm done with it. I couldn't find any optimal routes (probably because there are none in the first place?), and just who the hell thought repeated waves of Revenants, Hell Knights, and Barons spawning on the wall would be a good idea? Lots of SSG shells, health, and so on, but the only way things worked for me was by repeatedly relying on the Cyberdemon to kill the enemies via infighting on the damned elevator... What a tedious and boring level with terrible enemy usage, in my book at least...

Perhaps there was a better and more efficient way to finish it, but...

etrn06.png

etrn07.png

etrn08.png

Edited by Agent6

^ Looks nice, and yet, I can't help but think that the colors look extremely washed, as if the gamma or brightness was set almost to the maximum.

A little more darkness won't hurt.

Well, I set png screenshot gamma 2, because most of my screenshots are kinda dark and hardly visible. In game, these looks much better. 

@Agent6 Ah, I see you've gotten to Hard Attack. The elevator stuff is pretty stupid but I think it's a fairly alright map apart from that. I dislike Descent the most, though. Very boxy and bland. 

12 hours ago, NaZa said:

@Agent6 Ah, I see you've gotten to Hard Attack. The elevator stuff is pretty stupid but I think it's a fairly alright map apart from that. I dislike Descent the most, though. Very boxy and bland. 

Nah, for me it's pretty much a simply mediocre level, it's been a while since I last ran into something this bad. After all, that room is virtually the focal point of the entire level, and it sucks...

Eh, it happens every now and then I guess, maybe they had a different idea in mind but the execution turned out poor. Still, 4 Arch-Viles wake up after picking up the trapped BFG in the middle of the area, and they pose zero threat beside that moment. And 4 Cyberdemons who keep teleporting in another room after activating the switch...

This level is a monumental aberration lol :v . At least it looks nice, but unfortunately that's the only thing it got right, namely the aesthetics. The gameplay is trash.

Edited by Agent6

1 hour ago, wheresthebeef said:

The new God of War has some really good Doom inspired reverse cover art and someone combined them:

Px4kah2.jpg

Is that a Baron of Hell I see on the left?

EDIT: FUCK I'm retarded, I didn't see the rest of the image at first, just Kratos.

^ I initially misread "Seared" as "Speared" lol.

But I'll surely feast on these little creatures :v , after I impale 'em.

You should add tea of green slime or Fireblu beer. :p

2 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

The new God of War has some really good Doom inspired reverse cover art and someone combined them

DOOT ALERT.

SiLiMbs.png

(Hell Ground, MAP07)

Arachnotrons smart? sure...

Spoiler

It actually was hit by one of those flying missiles, I don't know why it's shooting the wall now.

2 hours ago, Jaska said:

KujghYz.png

LANzI3i.png

These two pictures are particularly well done I think. When I don't focus on them (just looking at a different part of the page), they seem kinda photorealistic somehow? Of course when looking at them the simplistic Doom geometry becomes noticeable and the illusion breaks, but still, really good lighting, and a sky that works well.

7 minutes ago, Gez said:

These two pictures are particularly well done I think. When I don't focus on them (just looking at a different part of the page), they seem kinda photorealistic somehow? Of course when looking at them the simplistic Doom geometry becomes noticeable and the illusion breaks, but still, really good lighting, and a sky that works well.

Thanks! I've seen couple of maps done like "inside" the forest. I didn't like them. So I thought I'm not going to make that kind of map ever. After all, with the right textures .. Maybe this is good enough :) Dark sections keep the illusion quite good. And lots of middletexture -ambient noise. In motion with combat.. Maybe it will work or not. You'll see in far future :)

5 minutes ago, antares031 said:

SBq72Ap.png

Tribute to "Misri Halek".

Very ethereal and enigmatic and other words that start with 'e'

13 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

Chainworm Kommand has the best Doom Kebab ever seen

Screenshot_Doom_20180420_222358.png

I didn't know kebabs have suction cups. :P