Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Trooper

Level comparison

Did anyone ever notice how much Deimos Lab resembles Phobos Anomaly? I think Deimos Lab should of been Deimos Anomaly instead, the inter-dimensional gateway to Phobos rather then a level that isn't too warped by hell. Does any of the other levels from Episode 2 remind you of levels from Episode 1 or even 3? 

I'd say Deimos Anomaly is pretty warped by hell with its pentagram teleporters, candles, upside down crosses, marble brick, rivers of blood and so forth.

In all seriousness I assume what you're getting at (correct me if I'm wrong) is that E2M1 is fast-paced and isn't overtly creepy like E1M8 or E2M4. I don't agree that it *should* be creepy, but it would have been nice if it had more of an implied structural continuity with E1M8.

Edited by Marn

I think E3M1 should have been E3M9 and E3M9 should have been E3M1. With D_Runnin. Very hellish with demons in the base and palsma rifles.

13 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I think E3M1 should have been E3M9 and E3M9 should have been E3M1. With D_Runnin. Very hellish with demons in the base and palsma rifles.

Interesting concept. Very South Park-esque approach to Hell (since the Deimos Base floated above Hell).

Doomguy: "But Cyberdemon, you were killed."

Cyberdemon: "I'm already in Hell. Where else would I go?"

Of course, making "Warrens" E3M1 would make the opening level harder than the second level, which would go against the general style of progression in the game.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

Of course, making "Warrens" E3M1 would make the opening level harder than the second level, which would go against the general style of progression in the game.

Didn't stop them in Episode 4

54 minutes ago, NaZa said:

Didn't stop them in Episode 4

Fair enough. Although you could argue that Thy Flesh Consumed was more or less thrown together while iD was focused on other things, so less attention was paid to matters like progression. And 4 or 5 different people worked on it, as opposed to 2 or so on any one of the first 3 episodes, which probably wouldn't help matters.