Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNerdTurtle2

Any awesome Co-op Megawads?

Me and my roommate are playing Doom 2 a lot right now and I we were playing through TNT: Evilution for the first time, and damn I HATE a lot of the maps. they are unfair/secretive and just not fun. Does anyone have any fun wads that we should play? I don't mind if you even made the WAD we just want something that doesn't suck. I prefer WADS without a bunch of added content but we can play whatever. Thanks!

Valiant is really fun with other players.

I'd also recommend the classic Alien Vendetta if you haven't played it yet.

On 20.04.2018 at 9:31 PM, Walter confetti said:

Sunder

Sunder is not coop compatible at all. I tried playing it that way and ended up having to noclip through multiple sections in many maps.

Sunlust on the other hand works perfectly on coop.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:31 PM, Walter confetti said:

Chillax

Sunder

The great bicycle mystery 1 and 2

Hell Revealed 2

Slaughterfest

Posting these without context should be a crime.

Vanguard is really fun multiplayer.. it's chaotic gameplay which is semi slaughter at times is perfect for coop and the maps have a lot of room to run around in for two players. It's not 32 levels, but it's long enough to be wholesome experience.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:23 PM, TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Me and my roommate are playing Doom 2 a lot right now and I we were playing through TNT: Evilution for the first time, and damn I HATE a lot of the maps. they are unfair/secretive and just not fun. Does anyone have any fun wads that we should play? I don't mind if you even made the WAD we just want something that doesn't suck. I prefer WADS without a bunch of added content but we can play whatever. Thanks!

I had this post started yesterday, prior to you mentioning Jiffy Bag in the other thread. I saw you listed Vela Pax as one of your favorite wads; Counterattack is sort of the spiritual successor, smaller (which is still 'pretty big') and more polished. So, glad to see I've anticipated your tastes to some extent. 

Jiffy Bag by Jimmy. I played this on a ZDaemon server last year. A megawad of short maps, so it's conceivable that you both can get through the whole thing in a few hours. 

Counterattack. On the other side of the coin, an episode of long and intricate maps. Lots of fodder monsters, which suits coop. Gameplay is occasionally 'entry-level slaughter' at times (which means hard for people with zero slaughter experience) but the firepower of two players outpaces the coop extras. Absolutely masterful map design.

Lunatic. A short mapset. Not designed for coop but the setups are well suited to it. The third map has some timed lock-ins that raise temporary barriers, which can shut one player out of some action, but that is circumventable by either staying together entirely or splitting apart entirely (there is enough for both players to do their own thing for stretches). No potential softlocks iirc. 

Resurgence, Awesome maps. Lots of bloodshed and carnage, cool open and spacious layouts that are really suitable to multiple players. There will probably be lots of deaths in e3 if you and your friend are more casual players, but in general the player respawns close to some action, even in the largest maps (these aren't stringy layouts that'll force you to backtrack for minutes). 

Any megawads that have a nice flow of large fights and more atmospheric wandering?  Like hellbound for example?  Many of the megawads posted so far are just constant slaughter which I don't find as interesting as maps that "tell a story".