Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kuhein

Bastardos Ep:1 Doom project

"Boot McKane" is the name, six guns is the game. Follow the infamous outlaw as he takes down the "BASTARDOS gang” in a epic journey across the Wild West.

*This is a "TRIBUTE" game dedicated to all Doom&Outlaws. http://www.moddb.com/mods/bastardos-ep1

Download & play, no modding required, W,A,S,D +Mouse.

Single Player campaign: 6 Level which will keep you entertained for hours.(6 different locations, enemies and Bosses about 3h of gameplay)

Up to 4 players Deathmatch & Cooperative Local Multiplayer. 

Wild West Weapons: SixGun, Dual Revolvers, Simple shotgun, Sawed off shotgun, Machete, Gatling gun and yes, you can you can shoot chickens and by the way the PC version is free!)

Rated 17+ for frequent / intense fantasy violence frequent alcohol use and cartoon nudity. 

System Requirements: Well, you know...even your phone could run this just fine :)

We hope you will have at least as much fun as we had making it.

Bastardos_installer.zip

1.png

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_135737840_preview (3).png

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_135737840_preview (2).png

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_135737840_preview (1).png

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_135737840_preview (6).png

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_135737840_preview (4).png

As nice as this looks I must comment that I never knew the wild west was so flat!

51 minutes ago, kuhein said:

System Requirements: Well, you know...even your phone could run this just fine :)

For fun I tried to install this on my smartphone and... It didn't work, obviously.

Anyway i'll try this when I get to my pc this evening, looks pretty cool!

5 minutes ago, Fonze said:

As nice as this looks I must comment that I never knew the wild west was so flat!

Give it a few maps, it will change.

10 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

We'll make sure to also add a mobile version.

10 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

For fun I tried to install this on my smartphone and... It didn't work, obviously.

Anyway i'll try this when I get to my pc this evening, looks pretty cool!

Fun fact: One of my classmates used to use "Bastardo" as his catch phrase. He would more often than not say "BASTARDO!" when we were talking in the middle of class. Good memories.

P.S: This project looks good too.

34 minutes ago, grouchbag said:

Was a lot of fun to play. I'd like to see a few gun toting ladies tho. Very well done! :D

We'll make sure to add ladies too for Episode 2.

Cheers!

boy oh boy, this is quite a doozie

so lets just jump right into it:

• wow no please no .exes
  • you're making people install an old version of prboom (not plus) and having them run bizarre butchered versions of freedoom and prboom.wad
  • the version of prboom you're making people download seems to have that sound thingy that links music and sfx by default, so you can't mute the music without muting the game entirely
    • the music of course being freedoom music
    • that's probably fixable but i dont know how
  • i actually dont know what else to say. bravo man. you put a lot of effort into butchering the delivery of your game
    • literally all you had to do was put you stuff into a single pwad, given it to us, and told us what compatibility it was
      • if you really wanted to enforce specific settings, you could have included config files or, if absolutely necessary, an up-to-date zip (not exe) of prboom+

about the wad itself (i've only played map01 so far, both in the original prboom version and as well as in a much nicer prboom+ environment):

• first, how to play it:
    • just make "doom2.wad" (not actually doom 2) your iwad and run prboom.wad as your pwad with it to play it normally
  • actual impressions:
    • very amateurish design with lots of copy/paste
      • lots of simple mistakes, such as
        • midtextures not being textured on both sides
        • misaligned textures (the exit switch is misaligned?)
        • garbage secrets (map01 has 22 secrets and 7 of them are just the not-so-secret armory)
        • areas (like the inside of the key/gun closet doors) being simply untextured
        • those trains reminded me of blood but they went on way too long and were all the same
    • strange, samey, bullet-spongy enemies
    • bizarre and unfinished sprites (i liked the tf2 brass beast though heh)
      • for example, the dynamite launches a huge slow moving stick of dynamite surrounded by a thick white line which is where i guess you gave up trying to erase around it or something
      • the gattling gun is offset too far to the left
    • not a lot of feedback on those weapons, the sounds are too soft and meh
    • no music :c
      • no demos!!! ;~;
    • you gave the player literally almost every weapon in the game immediately
      • also giving players full armor every 5 seconds it seemed

like am i missing something here? nobody else seems to be reacting to the ridiculous flaws in how the game was packaged

i still thought it had a ton of charm, even a lot of the sprites (some still need fixing though). i had a lot of fun playing around on the first map, and absolutely still plan on continuing (in prboom+, though i might try zand multiplayer).

this has a LOT of potential if you completely repackage the game and maybe work on some of the simple mapping errors

also stop treating it like it's some new commercial game, like "rated 17+", "the PC version is free", "system requirements"?? it's doom heck

pls friend

Edited by bonnie

3 hours ago, kuhein said:

We'll make sure to add ladies too for Episode 2.

Cheers!

Why thank you! Even just 1 or 2 would be great. :D

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

It's ok, 

You don't have to like the game. 

You might have more inconstancies in your angry review that this game has bugs, 

And for your information we can treat the game any way we like, even as a new game if we want. In the end this product was featured by Apple when we released it a few years back, it has review and had a ton of downloads. I understand there are a lot of thing wrong, but can you stop looking the FREE  Horse in the mouth?

Take care

• wow no please no .exes
  • you're making people install an old version of prboom (not plus) and having them run bizarre butchered versions of freedoom and prboom.wad
  • the version of prboom you're making people download seems to have that sound thingy that links music and sfx by default, so you can't mute the music without muting the game entirely
  • i actually dont know what else to say. bravo man. you put a lot of effort into butchering the delivery of your game
    • literally all you had to do was put you stuff into a single pwad, given it to us, and told us what compatibility it was
      • if you really wanted to enforce specific settings, you could have included config files or, if absolutely necessary, an up-to-date zip (not exe) of prboom+

about the wad itself (i've only played map01 so far, both in the original prboom version and as well as in a much nicer prboom+ environment):

• first, how to play it:
    • just make "doom2.wad" (not actually doom 2) your iwad and run prboom.wad as your pwad with it to play it normally
  • actual impressions:
        • garbage secrets (map01 has 22 secrets and 7 of them are just the not-so-secret armory)
        • those trains reminded me of blood but they went on way too long and were all the same
      • for example, the dynamite launches a huge slow moving stick of dynamite surrounded by a thick white line which is where i guess you gave up trying to erase around it or something
      • no demos!!! ;~;

like am i missing something here? nobody else seems to be reacting to the ridiculous flaws in how the game was packaged

i still thought it had a ton of charm, even a lot of the sprites (some still need fixing though). i had a lot of fun playing around on the first map, and absolutely still plan on continuing (in prboom+, though i might try zand multiplayer).

this has a LOT of potential if you completely repackage the game and maybe work on some of the simple mapping errors

also stop treating it like it's some new commercial game, like "rated 17+", "the PC version is free", "system requirements"?? it's doom heck

pls friend

did you mean to respond to my cruel words mr. @kuhein?

because you just quoted my entire post and didn't say anything

im sorry ;~;

Reading his post, he, actually did say what he wanted to... It just ended up inside the quote (The first 4-5 lines weren't written by @bonnie.) He probably doesn't fully know how quotes work on this website yet.

18 hours ago, kuhein said:

It's ok, 

You don't have to like the game. 

You might have more inconstancies in your angry review that this game has bugs, 

And for your information we can treat the game any way we like, even as a new game if we want. In the end this product was featured by Apple when we released it a few years back, it has review and had a ton of downloads. I understand there are a lot of thing wrong, but can you stop looking the FREE  Horse in the mouth?

Take care

Featured by apple... Link?

15 hours ago, bonnie said:

did you mean to respond to my cruel words mr. @kuhein?

because you just quoted my entire post and didn't say anything

Oh, My bad, I'm new to this forum.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:22 AM, bonnie said:

• wow no please no .exes

• first, how to play it:
  • actual impressions:
      • no demos!!! ;~;

pls friend

Wow, this review is very autistic. I'm sorry for the wad creators who need to read stuff like that.

6 hours ago, mtr said:

Wow, this review is very autistic. I'm sorry for the wad creators who need to read stuff like that.

I'm sorry for wad creators who feel the need to make their mods exe files and bundle outdated engine executables with it. It was a good review, and calling it autistic is pretty rude to boot. As a wad creator myself, I agree with everything @bonnie said.

@mtr

Welcome to Doomworld.

Feel free to share your opinions on posts, but be aware that you'll get a better response from people (beyond just the poster to whom you're replying) if your post has some meat to it. You saw the sort of responses that you've received. By the way, what does "this review is very autistic" even mean?  Also, consider what rdwpa wrote. Don't be afraid to bump a thread, even a dormant one, if you have an opinion that will contribute to the conversation. There is usually nothing wrong with that. But don't bump a dormant thread if what you're planning to share doesn't positively contribute.

If you stay around long enough, you'll find that bonnie tends to be very forward in describing what she (I have yet to be corrected if bonnie is actually a guy, so I'm going to stick with "she") doesn't like about a wad/mod, but will also share the things that she found positive. She tends to follow the "bad news first, followed by good news to leave the author with a good taste in their mouth" approach to reviewing. The bottom line is, authors shouldn't be afraid of criticism. Baseless, personal attacks are unwarranted, but that's not what bonnie's post was.

Don't think this post is an attack against you. It's not meant to be. You will have a far more rewarding experience, in my opinion, on Doomworld if you don't just leave random posts that insult the poster, but have well-thought out positions and responses.

I do remember Bastards game from almost ten years ago. It was a western themed Doom mod packaged and sold for iOS devices (Touch ArcadeMetacritic). It was eventually pulled from the App Store for containing copyrighted data and then was re-released for PC for free (ModDBZDoom forums).

@kuhein, given that your mod sports the logo from that game, and your screenshots show levels from that very game, did you just repackaged it and are trying to give it as your own?

8 hours ago, AL-97 said:

I do remember Bastards game from almost ten years ago. It was a western themed Doom mod packaged and sold for iOS devices (Touch ArcadeMetacritic). It was eventually pulled from the App Store for containing copyrighted data and then was re-released for PC for free (ModDBZDoom forums).

@kuhein, given that your mod sports the logo from that game, and your screenshots show levels from that very game, did you just repackaged it and are trying to give it as your own?

If this is true thats both hilarious and sad