Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
westwarren

Knee deep in dead diorama

did anyone ever buy the statue when it came out?, either the exclusive one or the regular one made by gaming heads?

Yep, I got the one with LEDs that light up the scene in a loop. It's actually pretty cool (way too expensive, but cool.) It's bigger than I thought it would be - it's like 26"x14" or so. It took them so long to ship, I was in the process of cancelling the order when it finally showed up, so I kept it. Did you get one?

42 minutes ago, kb1 said:

Yep, I got the one with LEDs that light up the scene in a loop. It's actually pretty cool (way too expensive, but cool.) It's bigger than I thought it would be - it's like 26"x14" or so. It took them so long to ship, I was in the process of cancelling the order when it finally showed up, so I kept it. Did you get one?

no i wasnt able to buy one, i missed it :(

out of curiosity, does it break easy?

3 hours ago, westwarren said:

no i wasnt able to buy one, i missed it :(

out of curiosity, does it break easy?

"Break"? Do you mean "Is it constructed well?"

It is quite sturdy and strong. They did a good job building it, and put a lot of effort into painting it, with lots of detail. It had to be assembled when I got it. The barons and the Doom Guy "plug in" to the base, and you have to connect Doom Guy's arm and weapon.

My only complaint: The weapon, which looks like a plasma gun, lights up green, instead of blue. I am considering replacing the LED with a blue LED, but it's difficult to get to the inside of the weapon. I could drill a hole or something, but then I'd be permanently modifying it, which might "reduce its value", which doesn't bother me at all. But, if I did cause it to "break", I would be rather upset.

26 minutes ago, kb1 said:

It is quite sturdy and strong. They did a good job building it, and put a lot of effort into painting it, with lots of detail. It had to be assembled when I got it. The barons and the Doom Guy "plug in" to the base, and you have to connect Doom Guy's arm and weapon.

My only complaint: The weapon, which looks like a plasma gun, lights up green, instead of blue. I am considering replacing the LED with a blue LED, but it's difficult to get to the inside of the weapon. I could drill a hole or something, but then I'd be permanently modifying it, which might "reduce its value", which doesn't bother me at all. But, if I did cause it to "break", I would be rather upset.

awesome, its a piece of art 

My only complaint is that the demon grabbing his arm does not seem to resemble the demon in the original covert art, still something id overlook

i hope they would make a diorama of the current doom 

doom.jpg

Edited by westwarren

im actually looking to buy one, i was wondering if anyone was willing to sell, or at least knew anyone willing to sell theirs?

On 4/24/2018 at 8:52 PM, kb1 said:

I didn't even think that was supposed to be a plasma rifle in the original poster. Looks more like some type of machine pistol that didn't actually end up in game. Just like the demons don't actually appear in the game, but could be a mashup of the Baron of Hell and Cyberdemon. Artistic license being what it is.

23 hours ago, Jello said:

I didn't even think that was supposed to be a plasma rifle in the original poster. Looks more like some type of machine pistol that didn't actually end up in game. Just like the demons don't actually appear in the game, but could be a mashup of the Baron of Hell and Cyberdemon. Artistic license being what it is.

Yeah, honestly I'm not sure what it is. I'll have to take another good look at it tonight. But, whatever it is, it shouldn't emit anything green! If I can figure out a way to do it without damaging it, it's going to become a plasma gun! (with a blue LED)

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

I thought it was the chaingun.

It does look like the chaingun. But, green light? Ok, maybe I'll use a white LED.