Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaLiquidator

Problem uploading on idgames

Hello

I have maps, filled text file, zipped it, everything is ready to go. Downloaded FTP client.

I connected on idgames FTP, found the incoming directory, OK.

But when I tried to upload files, it threw error 553 - unable to upload. I tried it more times = same.

Then I tried to reconnect, but I didnt have even the luck to be connected. Tried it in many day times, but was unable to connect.

I guess there is too many clients at once. But then, when is that right time and what I am doing wrong? :D

Btw I am doing it first time. If I wont solve the problem, I will send the .zip directly by mail to someone who takes care of this.

Anyway I wonder why it doesnt work. Any ideas?

553 is a permission error, not user count.

Make sure you are uploading to archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/incoming/ (as outlined).

For a few hours yesterday, /incoming was not accessible. You can try uploading again.

Don't ever e-mail us WAD files, it wastes time and electrons.

Well, in my case, for Pigeon 5, it gets interrupted.

It goes to actions 200, 227 and 553 every single time...and it's annoying.

I wish that was a simpler way to upload files to IDGames instead of doing some steps for the final result (I know that it's a preventive procedure, but still....)

Sorry for breaking into the thread but I have a question too:

I've uploaded a file called livelyun.zip and livelyun.txt 4 days ago, i've got a notification mail asking if i've uploaded such files,after my affirmative answer I was thinking to see it on the archives or in the rejects.txt if it wasn't accepted, but I didn't see it in both cases, what happened? That's odd...

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I've uploaded a file called livelyun.zip and livelyun.txt 4 days ago, i've got a notification mail asking if i've uploaded such files,after my affirmative answer I was thinking to see it on the archives or in the rejects.txt if it wasn't accepted, but I didn't see it in both cases, what happened? That's odd...

You should try actually reading the e-mail and responding correctly