Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EDIT: I updated the wad and fixed something's and also added a couple more monsters along with a few allies.

NOTE: There are three former humans at the start of the level but they will NOT attack you, i made it to where they're your allies but i'm not sure if they'll be much use to you.

(The file is at the bottom of this post)

This is just a wad i made last night because i was bored and i was trying to test something's on it. I don't know if anybody wants to play it or not but if anyone has any feedback on how i could improve on making wads then let me know since i'm not great with making wads and i'm basically horrible at it, oh and there's a couple secrets on the wad itself but for some reason the "A secret has been revealed" won't show up so i don't really know unless i'm just not doing something right.

It works only with gzdoom.

It's only one single level so there's not another level after this one.

The only iwad i used was doom 2.

There are some new textures i put into the wad but they are not really noticeable.

Also by the way, the gameplay might be somewhat difficult since i added way too enemies and some but not many health kits and ammo.

I usually try to make some of my wads are tough as possible that way if there's something i could change someone could tell me and plus i just like to screw around with gzdoom builder and doom builder when i'm bored.

Oh and i added some references to a couple song's but i don't know if anyone will understand them or not since most of the artist's i listen to aren't really known.

Doom.1.png

Doom.2.png

doom.3.png

Yes i was lazy on renaming the wad zip file.

Megalo.zip

Edited by SayWhatOneMoreTime

First of all, you have way too much stuff in your zip file, like for example, gzdoom.exe.

Secondly, don't be surprised if no one plays this when your text file says, "it's horrible."

Thirdly, the map itself...

For UDMF secrets, mark them as generalized effects > secret yes - something like that. 

It's possible for the Mastermind never to get released, yet that's the only way to win. Mandatory secrets are often not appreciated, but if it's not a secret, then there's really no way to tell there's something back there if you happen not to hump that wall, except that you didn't mark any of your lines as secret, so the automap gives away where they are.

The overall concept is not bad: survive the onslaught of a few boss monsters and a bunch of other weaker enemies. But the map doesn't look very good, obviously. One idea I do like is the somewhat hidden medikit and rocket launcher (and others?) trenches. But it's pretty much a huge monotexture rectangle with a few more monotexture rectangle sectors thrown in.

It's really not hard. You just clear out the hitscanners and then there's enough space that you should never get hit by anything.

I think you misspelled "chosen."

3 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

First of all, you have way too much stuff in your zip file, like for example, gzdoom.exe.

Secondly, don't be surprised if no one plays this when your text file says, "it's horrible."

Thirdly, the map itself...

For UDMF secrets, mark them as generalized effects > secret yes - something like that. 

It's possible for the Mastermind never to get released, yet that's the only way to win. Mandatory secrets are often not appreciated, but if it's not a secret, then there's really no way to tell there's something back there if you happen not to hump that wall, except that you didn't mark any of your lines as secret, so the automap gives away where they are.

The overall concept is not bad: survive the onslaught of a few boss monsters and a bunch of other weaker enemies. But the map doesn't look very good, obviously. One idea I do like is the somewhat hidden medikit and rocket launcher (and others?) trenches. But it's pretty much a huge monotexture rectangle with a few more monotexture rectangle sectors thrown in.

It's really not hard. You just clear out the hitscanners and then there's enough space that you should never get hit by anything.

I think you misspelled "chosen."

I thought i had to pack gzdoom in with a wad file? if not then i guess next time i make a wad i shouldn't pack that in with it. I tried to get the mastermind to be released after a certain enemie was killed but i guess it didn't work. As for misspelling "chosen" i guess i'll have to go back and fix it soon, as i said though i just made this for testing and other thing's and plus this is one of the 2/4 wads that i'm releasing before i quit making them since i just don't find me joy in it anymore.

52 minutes ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

I thought i had to pack gzdoom in with a wad file? if not then i guess next time i make a wad i shouldn't pack that in with it. I tried to get the mastermind to be released after a certain enemie was killed but i guess it didn't work. As for misspelling "chosen" i guess i'll have to go back and fix it soon, as i said though i just made this for testing and other thing's and plus this is one of the 2/4 wads that i'm releasing before i quit making them since i just don't find me joy in it anymore.

GZDoom never gets put in with wads. Why do you think you have to download GZDoom in the first place? If someone is downloading your wad, they already have the software to play it.

3 hours ago, R4L said:

GZDoom never gets put in with wads. Why do you think you have to download GZDoom in the first place? If someone is downloading your wad, they already have the software to play it.

I guess because i'm an idiot.

4 hours ago, R4L said:

Hey now, it's a simple mistake! :)

I've just always packed gzdoom in with whatever wad i upload, i have to fix something's on the wad itself so soon i'll be updating it and fixing a few issues that i didn't notice before i uploaded it.

3 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Bury you with all your ice on? Whats that about? 

It's just a lyric i liked so i put it into the wad, i actually have this in a couple other wads i'm making so it'll just kinda be there along with other thing's. Most of the words on each wad i make are either a reference to a song, artist or just anything i like.

2 hours ago, SayWhatOneMoreTime said:

It's just a lyric i liked so i put it into the wad, i actually have this in a couple other wads i'm making so it'll just kinda be there along with other thing's. Most of the words on each wad i make are either a reference to a song, artist or just anything i like.

Fair enough