Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

35 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

I'd just want all the submissions downloadable at some point, waiting however many months it'll be seems like a bit much

Last contest downloads were available after the winners were announced, so it's gonna take some time before that, unless the authors decide to release it on their own, a few people have shared their own maps already

10 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

I wish he picked random maps from people on chat at the moment of the stream more often

Yeah i don't care if its random, but i want to be on stream when my map comes up so i can comment on it and give him help.

Also, theres always that looming cloud of (its only 120 wads instead of like 300 which may or may not have been disqualified for some reason).

it might be unfounded but those numbers are concerning especially since he's almost like 50% through

11 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

(its only 120 wads instead of like 300 which may or may not have been disqualified for some reason).

What does this mean? Were a huge number of the wads not accepted?

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

What does this mean? Were a huge number of the wads not accepted?

Im not sure, i've not heard much cohesive data, just that joel said in his last stream, paraphrasing "its 120 WADS not like 300 because some did not meet the requirements".

3:58:25

7 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

Im not sure, i've not heard much cohesive data, just that joel said in his last stream, paraphrasing "its 120 WADS not like 300 because some did not meet the requirements".

3:58:25

Whats with the numbers below (time when Joel said during stream? You should say what vod to find too)? Also thats a bummer for a lot of people.

Just now, Catpho said:

Whats with the numbers below? Also that's a bummer for a lot of people.

that was the time stamp from the stream, i'm not sure if 300 was an expected number or actual submission count, but either way it is somewhat concerning.

All he just says it's that he wont be playing 300 wads since some were rejected for the contest, a bummer for some people sure, but im sure they had their reasons for rejecting them

17 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

All he just says it's that he wont be playing 300 wads since some were rejected for the contest, a bummer for some people sure, but im sure they had their reasons for rejecting them

I sure they do, its just the numbers make it sound like more than 2/3rds were disqualified (probably not true), maybe its just my paranoia from putting in the effort and being something i've really looked forward to.

I'm nearly positive they've only disqualified maps that are outright broken or terry wads. If your map doesn't end up being played you could always email Joel about it.

Joel said on the 2nd stream, before picking the last wad to play that day, that so far only 120 were accepted out of 300. He asked people on the chat to speak up if they've submitted a wad for the contest and he checked some of them and said they're not approved yet.

There's some mods that approve/disqualify maps and they only got through around 120 of them. That doesn't necessarily mean that a whopping 180 wads were disqualified, they just didn't get to them yet.

On 26/4/2018 at 1:53 PM, Terminus said:

Joel said on the 2nd stream, before picking the last wad to play that day, that so far only 120 were accepted out of 300. He asked people on the chat to speak up if they've submitted a wad for the contest and he checked some of them and said they're not approved yet.

There's some mods that approve/disqualify maps and they only got through around 120 of them. That doesn't necessarily mean that a whopping 180 wads were disqualified, they just didn't get to them yet.

Yeah, they need to be judged first to get approved, which it's STILL in the process

What was your highlight of the stream?

Mine was the salty letter map...that shit made me laugh...aside that the author buffed up the health of monsters badly...

5 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

What was your highlight of the stream?

If we are talking of actually good stuff, the lovecraftian mansion was quite interesting and well done on the atmosphere side, i really liked it a lot.... but i must agree with you that the doom letters map was so shitty and joel got so salty about it that it was a highlight, the fact that joel couldn't stop talking about how bad it was on the next map was hilarious

Also the map with the weird hud and sounds was good, but i feel it cheated the 1 level rule, had it ended on the cyberdemon fight it would have been perfect

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Any idea how many wads he played during that stream and how many have been played it total vs the ones that are left?

He played 8 maps yesterday, completing 50 maps in total

The pinky that wouldn't die in the letter map was hilarious, I was laughing a lot. His attempt at going saveless on that very long map was also very entertaining, especially when he chickened out at 3% health and made the worst save imaginable.

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

Also the map with the weird hud and sounds was good, but i feel it cheated the 1 level rule, had it ended on the cyberdemon fight it would have been perfect

Agreed. It was too freaking long and the clash of styles felt that some maps were merged into one.

37 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

The pinky that wouldn't die in the letter map was hilarious, I was laughing a lot. His attempt at going saveless on that very long map was also very entertaining, especially when he chickened out at 3% health and made the worst save imaginable.

Why he had to save in the worst possible place? It's always like that lol....everyone was screaming and praying for a save :)

idk personally the long 3-in-1 map kinda irked me a little, as did the shitty letters map, since they were airing on the side of stream hogging in my opinion, whether intentional or not, I just dislike when joel spends like 30+ minutes all on the same one map.

Is it just me or did Joel completely skip Doom this week?

I hope he just delayed it and isn't gonna make it a biweekly thing.

There's so many cool maps to see, having to wait to play them until the entire session is over is gonna be a long wait..

It sounds like he's going on a break for a week or so. I think I heard someone say that in the stream chat.

From his twitter:

Seeya on friday, no streams until then. Take care and all that jazz hey. #vinesauce

Oh, I probably missed it then.

Hopefully he'll still do a Doom stream on Friday, but that seems unlikely.

Thanks for letting me know :)

He mentioned on the last stream he was gonna travel this week and return on friday, considering all the stuff he's been announcing, a doom stream for the remaining of this week seems unlikely 😞

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

He mentioned on the last stream he was gonna travel this week and return on friday, considering all the stuff he's been announcing, a doom stream for the remaining of this week seems unlikely 😞

Ah well we all need a break every now and then. And besides, this will give me time to actually finish the streams he has uploaded so far. Still have like an hour and a half left of his last one.

Stream started on an early Wednesday morning, I usually have classes around that time but I stayed home sick, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I was actually able to be in a stream on time!

Anyway, highlights from the stream were definitely Hydration which was an incredibly good map, the first one by the author too apparently. It's better than everything I've ever made :P

Also today marked the first time Joel openly shat on an entry. Granted it was a very ironic, meme-y entry but it was still pretty hilarious.

Wonder when are we gonna see @Dragonfly's map.