Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aubrey Hodges

Brand New Dark Ambient tracks!

Awesome stuff as always, it really sound like the D64/PSX dark ambient traks, will listen to this on my headphones at work hehe

Sweet. I just purchased it. Will you be doing the 20th Anniversary editions of PlayStation Final Doom and/or Quake 64 next? Keep up the good work Aubrey.

Yes, I am currently working on 20th Anniversary Extended Edition Soundtracks for Final Doom Playstation and Quake 64. I think that Final Doom will be done first but I am not certain yet. 

Your Playstion Doom and D64 tracks are some of the best dark ambient I've heard, and I've bought both of them. I'll definitely be checking these out after work tonight :)

@Aubrey Hodges you are great! I listen to all of your soundtracks every single day.

Journey Into The Dark Places has the most eerie dark ambient soundtracks I've ever heard, just like Doom soundtracks. WAiting for the FinalDOOM bonus tracks, those of Doom 64 20th Anniversary are memorable. Good job!

2 hours ago, Vorpal said:

"Muhaandran's Oasis" put me in a ... strange place

Hehe...me too. The samples and synths I was using were responding in unique ways and it felt as if the track was leading me...not the other way around. I felt like a passenger on a vehicle that was being driven all by itself. I just sort of channeled the textures and let it go wherever it went. Most of the time I have a fairly good idea where I want things to go aurally, but not in this case. As I listened back it all seemed to make perfect sense but I will admit it was a mystery while performing.

4 hours ago, Aubrey Hodges said:

Hehe...me too. The samples and synths I was using were responding in unique ways and it felt as if the track was leading me...not the other way around. I felt like a passenger on a vehicle that was being driven all by itself. I just sort of channeled the textures and let it go wherever it went. Most of the time I have a fairly good idea where I want things to go aurally, but not in this case. As I listened back it all seemed to make perfect sense but I will admit it was a mystery while performing.

Hah yes a passenger on a journey is a good way of putting it. It wasn't as overtly creepy as your other stuff, but it made me feel like I was transported *and arrived* (like, you were driving, and opened the door and kicked me out and drove away) somewhere completely alien.

Edited by Vorpal

Great stuff and thank you for sharing. 

Your Doom music has had quite an effect on me since my childhood. I like to load up the original game using wad files that replace the sound effects and music with the PSX version and it completely transforms the game in one of horror and fear. 

As a newcomer to PSX Doom and Doom 64, I have to say that your work is pretty amazing. You've earned yourself a new fan (although you probably had more that enough already ;)