Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

I like to think, if Doom 3 didn't chicken out and go half-way with action, it could have been more like this.

Edited by MetroidJunkie

DISCLAIMER: This WAD WILL be played CONTINUOUSLY because its pistol starts, especially the final map, are incredibly stupid.

Eternity - E2M1: From Here to Eternity (Hermans/Nathrath)

The first area in the marble church is pretty beautiful for 1994 and one of the landmarks of the WAD, it's well detailed. Other areas not as much but it's still alright. This map has a clinical lack of ammo and that hurts. A lot. You see me punch stuff and leave lost souls behind because AMMO! I hope the rest of the episode won't be so dry ammo-wise. Though, I can't say I didn't enjoy this map.

Sorry about the cut at ~5:33, that part is mental so I had to rewind three times to get it right. It's probably the most difficult part in any map I've played here so far. Anyway...

Eternity - E2M2: The Fat Imp Sings Your Blues (Nathrath/Hermans)

Fine and dandy map. The opening is a bit stressful with almost no ammo at all, you have to rush to the first cacodemon cage or the E room to get yourself ammo/weapons. After the initial shock it's a bit more tame, the door maze is really a drag to get through. Then comes the yellow door which is absolutely atrocious. My guess is that 1 out of 10 people going in blind can survive this trap. It's really unfair and probably the pinnacle of difficulty in this WAD. If you lose too much HP,  you cannot do the last part as it depends on you having more than 20 HP because it's an unavoidable damage floor. The map itself isn't that bad looking, but the gameplay really drags it down.

Eternity - E2M3: Totally Crossed Out (Nathrath/Hermans)

This map is loaded with monsters and it's nothing too difficult or tanky. There are loads of possessed humans and it's really satisfying to plow through them. Visually, this is probably the best looking map I've played in the trilogy so far. As for gameplay, well, finding keys in secrets is never good. Other than that it was pretty fun.

Some DWANGO6 Deathmatch. Recorded through Chocolate Doom on Alt-Deathmatch, played back and dumped with PrBoom+. Some pretty nice music too, had a lot of fun playing 1v1 on this map! Just wish it didn't took me 5 minutes (10 even?) to pick up the pace.

Hedon, an interesting Total Conversion.

Part 5 of Master Levels for Doom II

Edited by MetroidJunkie

Starlight Sanctuary, a visually pleasing Doom level.

Project Horror certainly lives up to the name, especially the screen darkening hud faces.

Edited by MetroidJunkie