Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

World doom league site refusing connection?

Short version:

Someone uploaded a stream of them playing after the finals match which also included voice chat recording between the teammates. Unfortunately, this stream also contained a 4th member of the team, who wasn't playing, calling the timer on powerups (aka ghosting). Regardless, this team still lost but players wanted punishment for the captain of the team. Apparently justice wasn't enough so some players started spamming memes and making things miserable. I suppose the leaders in charge of WDL had enough (for now?). Years back we used to write out posts why something should have been addressed in whatever league we played in. Apparently double digit IQs could only muster up mspaint memes.....

Ouch... I've been out of the loop for a while, so I'll reserve judgment to more informed people, but it is unfortunate to see yet more fallings out. I guess it's inevitable with a fishbowl as small as the competitive community.

It is very unfortunate, and both sides of this debacle certainly could've handled it MUCH better, but it is what it is. The WDL staff vanished without a trace, so it's safe to assume that the website is gone for good, along with lots of invaluable information that's gone down the drain as well. The community sorely needs people who are better at preserving their shit...