Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

Television Commercials You Hate to Love

With this topic I would like you to discuss your favorite TV commercials that you love but also kind of hate. Please tell us why you like the commercial and why you hate it as well. When quoting someone please don't quote the video but only quote what was said under the video instead.

My first commercial advertises the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream featuring Suzana Grebenar.

https://ispot.tv/a/Ad18

Why I love it: Suzana Grebenar is a strikingly beautiful woman first off and second the featured song by Deluka is very catchy and fun to listen to.

Why I hate it: Suzana is either in her 30's or 40's and by my own opinion has absolutely no need for any kind of anti-aging cream. It has been proven by science that if you live right and eat right you will look younger and feel younger even past your 50's or 60's. This commercial just portrays an inaccurate natural aging process for woman everywhere.

Edited by Halfblind

31 minutes ago, Halfblind said:

It has been proven by science that if you live right and eat right you will look younger and feel younger even past your 50's or 60's.

What

That could never be proven, because "live right and eat right" isn't a settled thing. This just sounds like some nutty folk wisdom.

@esselfortium Why do you hate or like that commercial?

@Altazimuth Can you please elaborate or at least provide the link to the commercial?

@Grain of Salt I honestly believe that everyone is different. Everyone has different needs whether it be diet, disease treatment and everyday things that could either be bad or beneficial for them. It is up to the individual to decide what is best for themselves.

Here is another commercial that I liked when it first came on but according to the fine print that you see above you will have to pay $62,495 in order to pay off that $10k loan. The interest rate is 89.68% which is outrageous. This is defiantly a scam.

Edited by Halfblind

16 hours ago, Halfblind said:

@esselfortium Why do you hate or like that commercial?

When I was growing up, that Sears air conditioning commercial was airing on Cartoon Network basically every 15 minutes for years on end, so I and everyone else I knew had it permanently burned into our minds and can still recite it word-for-word.

I don't know how to explain it more than that. I have a complicated relationship with the Sears air conditioning commercial.

1 hour ago, Grain of Salt said:

What

That could never be proven, because "live right and eat right" isn't a settled thing. This just sounds like some nutty folk wisdom.

I mean, eating healthy and getting exercise WILL make you feel better later in life, that much is supported by science at least.

@Altazimuth: One day we'll be able to show our age by looking back on a time when compare the market adverts weren't the meerkats :P

On a related note, you're only a true brit if you can finish this phone number: 0800 00 ....

@Altazimuth Oh, Compare the Meerkat, I love those commercials. When I first found out about Baby Oleg I was like "What are these commercials for." Now I know. It's like those Geico commercials here in the states.

Compare the Meerkat is plain annoying, in my opinion.

The only good thing that came out of it was a moment on Mock the Week's "Newsreel" by Hugh Dennis (the foreign leaders one). At the very end, he's speaking as David Cameron - who's talking to some Russian (Medvedev?) - and says "simples".

50 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I don't think this needs an explanation... It is wrong on so many levels, but that's why I think it's kinda hilarious.

On that theme, let's not forget this classic Citroen commercial:

Well I just remembered a Vicks VapoDrops commercial, I recall that I used to quote this one to family members. I am not sure if I hate it but I used to find it funny those many years ago.

On 11/04/2018 at 12:10 AM, Eris Falling said:

On a related note, you're only a true brit if you can finish this phone number: 0800 00 ....

oh dear - looks like ill be out after Brexit too :(

Why I love it: Beautiful Ladies that's why. I can't be any more original than that.

Why I hate it: It's just another useless infomercial product. It is like a clip on tie but of the undershirt variety instead. What is the secret anyways?

Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.

Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.

Spoiler

Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.Hello my name is Stephen Fry, and I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories for Audible.

Why I love it: The lady is pretty and the product could be a very useful product.

Why I hate it: Someone tested the product in their garage and it did nothing to warm it up. On the box it also says you can use it in your powder room but you can't use it in your bathroom but in the commercial they are using it in the bathroom anyways.

10 hours ago, Megalyth said:

I HAVE AN ANNUITY AND I NEED CASH NOW

I HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT AND I NEED CASH NOW

THEN YOU SHOULD CALL J.G. WENTWORTH

In Idaho they used to have a commercial where they advertised maps. In the commercial it depicted the trek of Lewis and Clark as they traveled to the Oregon coast. Instead of travelling by boat and foot they traveled in a Winnebago and pulled over because they were completely lost. They talked to Sacajawea and pulled out one of those place holder maps that you find in restaurants. She then proceeded to pull out a real map of Idaho. I cannot find that commercial anywhere. I used to think it was the funniest commercial ever.

*Insert medicinal product commercial here*

I love them because they're so ridiculous. They start off about how the *insert medicinal product here* will improve your life, then list about twenty-five quintillion different side effects.

"If you have seasonal allergies, Mxyzptlkacine may be right for you. Side effects of Mxyzptlkacine are uncommon, and include headache, nausea, vomiting, death, dizziness, vaginal ejaculations, dysentery, cardiac arrhythmia, mild heart explosions, varicose veins, darkened stool, darkened soul, lycanthropy, trucanthropy, more vomiting, arteriosclerosis, hemorrhoids, diabeetus, virginity, mild discomfort, vampirism, gender impermanence, spontaneous dental hydroplosion, sugar high, even more vomiting, brown, your mom, and mild rash." 

From http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SideEffectsInclude.

I hate them because of their absolute absurdity. Why would I take Mxyzptlkacine to fix my allergies if it causes gender impermanence?

Why it's good: that song.

Why it's bad: that song and how it makes me sing about $#@!ing cottage cheese for the rest of the day/night/weekend.

Why I love it: The dark haired lady at the beginning is gorgeous. I wish that I knew her name.

Why I hate it: This is just another Big Pharma antidepressant ad that advertises a false hope with lots and lots of side effects. I mean the list of side effects for these drugs seem to never end. When you go to the doc, or the psyche, you can never get prescribed 1 medication at a time. No they always prescribe a cocktail of them and hope that you get better or not. This medication is like the add on pack to the ones that you are already taking.

To be honest I was prescribed this medication and I took it for a month. I had no change in my mood and I had no side effects either. I wonder if this one would actually work for me if I took it long enough. I have anxiety that causes my depression but then again there is always CBD oil. That of which I cannot legally posses in my state.