Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Twitter locking accounts for thanking others

Just now, Jimmy said:

That is clearly not an official statement from Twitter.

I sure as hell hope so.

9 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

The word "thanks 'is a mental persuasion to the receiver that you are grateful for their actions. Therefore, the uttering of the word "thanks" shows very few semblance of gratitute towards the reciever. Gratitute is a positive feeling towards another individual, to which the positive feeling usually can lead to repaying the receiver in some way of form. That repayment can be that of sexual intentions. It is because of this reasoning, that the word "thanks" can have the possiblity to end in sexual intents, which can possibly lead to unwarranted harrasement for the receiver in question. Saying the word thanks is the first steps towards sexual harrassments, because of the positive feeling the word means to the receiver. And positive feelings can possibly lead to sexual harrassments.

Through this reasoning, the new Twitter rules have now issued bots to automatically lock users that uses the word "thanks," in order to protect everyone in the site.

EDIT: The above quote was fake and I heard that the banning was a glitch sourced from an effort to delete spam tweets.

8 minutes ago, HavoX said:

...wait, what's the point in using Twitter again?

To avoid facebook?

1 hour ago, HavoX said:

...wait, what's the point in using Twitter again?

To literally spam other people. I'm not sure actual humans use Twitter so much as companies. People use Facebook.

I hear from my business friend that Twitter is how "news outlets" look for business or product stories. Its more the news outlets find a Twitter story worth reporting on and then normal people read the news outlet story to get you publicity. Plus now its become a bit of click bait like articles will have a headline "man said he'd rather blow up the car than deal with what's inside." I read that article. It was about a man with a snake in his car. Here's the thing... the "rather blow up the car than deal with what's inside" was a Twitter comment and that man had nothing at all to do with the story.

All 8 times I've signed up for Twitter in the past 3 years, they've informed me instantly my account had been hacked... within the first 10 minutes and I need to provide my phone number to get in. If that's the level of security... forget it. Somehow my original 2 Twitter accounts that are 8+ years old are still good and haven't been "hacked."

Edited by geo

10 hours ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

I literally don't understand what "feminists and SJW" has to do with this.

IDK man, a knee-jerk reaction sure, but a bridge did fall apart recently and ruined people's lives because of 'diversity' over efficiency in a company E: SHIET. Unrelated to this, but the logic is pretty on par. The matter of the fact is we're just too emotional for our own good and this is such a cop-out reaction typical of the times that you'd be hard pressed to separate parody from reality now. This asinine logic that everyone has to suffer because a minority is apparently more important.

7 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Whether you took that fake statement seriously and how you reacted says a lot about you. 

That I'm normal compared to these post-2017 people who give me little hope for survival?

Edited by cyan0s1s

17 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

IDK man, a knee-jerk reaction sure, but a bridge did fall apart recently and ruined people's lives because of 'diversity' over efficiency in a company.

Source?

Oh damn, that was fake? Well I better contribute to the cause of Antifa for the error of my ways.

I'm not misogynistic, but if it makes you feel better you can believe whatever you like, we are strangers on the internet after all.

E: This post must look really confusing now since dew's response to me was removed, but who cares ain't ruining my day!

Edited by cyan0s1s

5 hours ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

Come on guys, stay on topic please. I don't want any derailment occurring.

Alas, a thread about a website which is literally just a political shitfinging warzone at this point was always doomed to become a political shitfling.

But also, on the positive side, lets you know there are humans capable of diverse opinions on the same topic... So yay to that I guess.

I am damn surprised you guys took my long-winded explanation of BS as a genuine response!

I don't know whether to laugh out loud of this, or willow in depression if Twitter's so fucked that my fake explanation can be possible.

1 hour ago, cyan0s1s said:

Well your ava does have a shit eating grin.

I wish he eats even more shit. Fucking Goddamnit.

Edited by Cacodemon345

On 4/26/2018 at 10:46 PM, CARRiON said:

Misanthropy is the best kind of human hatred because it's equal opportunity!

Is it? What if you spend two hours everyday hating every single person on Earth (with the same intensity, since you hate humanity and they're all equally human). But people are different. Maybe person A is only being hated for one hour everyday on average (not counting you), but person B spends half of their life being hated. You end up decreasing the amount of A's hate-free hours by 9%, but the amount of B's hate-free hours by 17%! So much for equality, noble misanthrope!

4 hours ago, Scypek2 said:

Is it? What if you spend two hours everyday hating every single person on Earth (with the same intensity, since you hate humanity and they're all equally human). But people are different. Maybe person A is only being hated for one hour everyday on average (not counting you), but person B spends half of their life being hated. You end up decreasing the amount of A's hate-free hours by 9%, but the amount of B's hate-free hours by 17%! So much for equality, noble misanthrope!

Ah, but it's not how much they're being hated that counts, it's that everyone is subjected to the hate regardless of their skin color, religion, or political beliefs. It doesn't matter who you are, you will be hated. Because at the end of the day you're all cunts, including me!

17 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

It doesn't matter who you are, you will be hated. Because at the end of the day you're all cunts, including me!

Careful you'll hurt some entitled person's feelings around here.

As for me, I can quote unquote 'hate' everyone and not have to think about or deal with them every waking moment of my existence and get on with my day without so much as a headache! There doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason for me to hate them. Maybe directly hating is too active an emotion, so I absentmindedly hate! I have to be confronting someone and be on the receiving end of their BS in order for me to truly hate them right there on the spot. Otherwise strangers are just safely assumed to be unlikable me-too's until I get to know them better, and maybe find out they aren't so bad. That perhaps we're not so different after all!

Then I can just hate you slightly less.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:16 AM, Jimmy said:

That is clearly not an official statement from Twitter.

Coulda fooled me, this day and age.

This level of idiocy makes me happy to not use twitter.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:15 AM, Rosh Fragger said:

Are you a YouTube Star? :)

I bet its Trent Reznor!