Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomhead87

Favorite kinds of music

Well I'm not sure if non-doom topics should be posted or not, but I've noticed a few of them, so I'll try and post this one.

Anyways, what are your favorite kinds of music? Mine are Metal, Grunge, Alternative Rock, and misc. stuff.(i.e - Jerky Boys, Adam Sandler, etc.)

Non-doom stuff goes in "religion & politics." I'm sure some mod will move this thread over soon.

This isn't a DOOM post either.

The mods are busy:

a) Hunting Alpha version rats.
b) Playing the Alpha demo.
c) Both.
d) Done either or both and sleeping like a log.

Country, Rock (watever you call Foreigner, Billey Joel, Pat Benetar, and Seal)

Hmm. Look how I spew out the types of music I like:

A bit of metal (I mean like two or three bands), a bit of doom metal (a few scattered songs from a number of bands), some stuff you can dance to (like Bjork and Prince), hmm... Nick Cave & RHCP... Some classical pieces (that is to say, Moussorgsky, Wagner, Bach, etc.), some movie soundtracks (like the Alien series), some game soundtracks, some blues songs and a bit of rap, I bet I'm forgetting stuff too... for instance Manu Chao.

I'm not sure exactly what type of music I really like cause I always listen to midi's from Doom or Heretic or sumthing. But I suppose I like..

• Some types of rap songs (Underground or not)
  • Alternative
  • R&B
  • Midi's from DOOM (all), Heretic, and other Midi's :D
  • Some rock
Basically whatever is on, I listen to it.

Game bkg music. Includes- Rise Of The Triad, Terminal Velocity, Doom&Doom2&Heretic&Hexen, Quake, Quake 2, whatever I can scrounge up.

I hate rap. I dunno, just personal taste I guess. :/

I've listened to just about everything except country. It's the bottom of the bucket on my list. I go through phases like being into Metallica one week and into old Kraftwerk the next (well I grew up on Kraftwerk). My latest favorite type of music is Drum 'n' Bass, with my faves being Luke Vibert and Hive.

electronic stuff, if this spells tech-no to you then you better try some kraftwerk, aphex twin, pan sonic, plastikman, jimi tenor... well the list goes on and on.. the earlier composers, when the sequencer was a rarity, those people did some EXPERIMENTS, man.

finnish psy-trance is da m00st eccseleens 'nd e-lay tech-no on the planet. most techno and trance and house is boring, but not psilo fennnika :)

then there's portishead, which i totally love. and every marginal music is great, funk for example. country is ok too :)

Don't have any particular type. Just whatever from where ever.
Bands like; Powder Finger, The Police, Guns n' Roses, Cypress Hill, Bone Thugs & Harmony, Tool, Rage, Baby Animals, Creed, Live. And a lot of 70's stuff. Also like other stuff that I have forgotten to mention here. :)

In my MP3 folder I have quite a lot of Devin Townsend, Eminem, Frank Zappa, Metallica and The Beatles, among others. I guess that means I have a broad musical taste, then.

Electronica, techno, IDM, drill-n-bass, jungle, experimental jazz, whatever you want to call Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, μ-ziq, Amon Tobin, Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Autechre, etc etc.

Of course, I also have a lot of other crap. Rock, hip-hop, pop, classical, etc etc.

I guess I have a broad taste, I like most music from classical to rock to metal. Lately I've been into jazz, particularly as playing the guitar myself.

For what I don't like, I'm not a very big fan of any kind of exeggeratedly synthesized or perpetually iterative music (i.e. rap, techno and friends). And I truly detest 95% of all music that's being made today for the simple reason that it's not about music. My ass recycled choruses, horrible singers, complete fucking absence of innovation (other than new ways of alluding to sex in the videos), superstupid NU-METAL and alikes could ever qualify as good music. Popular music of today has been exploited completely by the evil commercial forces. Blah, rant...

Linguica said:

Electronica, techno, IDM, drill-n-bass, jungle, experimental jazz, whatever you want to call Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, μ-ziq, Amon Tobin, Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Autechre, etc etc.

Of course, I also have a lot of other crap. Rock, hip-hop, pop, classical, etc etc.

The Simpsons - Do The Bartman

Ren & Stimpy - Happy Happy Joy Joy

Simpsons - Troy McClure - Meat Video

Batman - Theme

...Yes yes yes Yes Yes!!! :D

Fredrik said:

And I truly detest 95% of all music that's being made today for the simple reason that it's not about music. My ass recycled choruses, horrible singers, complete fucking absence of innovation (other than new ways of alluding to sex in the videos), superstupid NU-METAL and alikes could ever qualify as good music.

...in other words "pop" !!!

(at least you don't live in the UK, where the chart is dominated by such crap)

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think I did it again
I made you believe we're more than just friends
Oh baby
It might seem like a crush
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious
'Cause to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Oh baby, baby

Oops!...I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!...You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that heroes, they truly exist
I cry, watching the days
Can't you see I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my senses
That is just so typically me
Baby, oh

Oops!...I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby
Oops!...You think I'm in love
That I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent

"All aboard"
"Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have"
"Oh, it's beautiful, but wait a minute, isn't this...?"
"Yeah, yes it is"
"But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
"Well baby, I went down and got it for you"
"Oh, you shouldn't have"

Oops!...I did it again to your heart
Got lost in this game, oh baby
Oops!...You think that I'm sent from above
I'm not that innocent

Weird Al, classical (Vivaldi and the likes), classic rock'n'roll, 80's pop (I.E. Michael Jackson), Bob Marley...

I rarely listen to any of it though. The idea of just sitting and listening to the excremental product of a monopolizing recording industry seems so dumb and pointless.

I have better things to do than sit around and conform to society's wet scumbag values.