• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Van Daemon

SEPPUKU - Japan Doom [WIP]

OP

Can I join your dojo? ;)

Still some good images for that japanese feel

Woah! That actually looks amazing, really pretty and interesting, I'm gonna keep eye on it! Looks like it needs some Lo Wang! Haha.

You should totally make a secret map where you have to kill Logan Paul ;) Yes, me thinking of him first when I see a thread about a Japan doom wad is kind of problematic I guess, but it would be so fun

Looks great. Might need some taiko drummers (if it is possible to put them in Doom :D). But I'm pretty sure the sky is from China though.

Do you have intention to mix any tech, like in the second episode of hacx, or would like to confine with traditional stuff?

48 minutes ago, Quadrops said:

Do you have intention to mix any tech, like in the second episode of hacx, or would like to confine with traditional stuff?

I actually thought about mixing tech in 1 level or so. I still must think about the rest of levels but this would be a nice idea

38 minutes ago, VGA said:

Reminds me of Shadow Warrior a bit?

That's it. Some textures are from Shadow Warrior :) plus it is a game I really, really love and is sooo underrated 

1 hour ago, pcorf said:

Looks great. Might need some taiko drummers (if it is possible to put them in Doom :D). But I'm pretty sure the sky is from China though.

Yeee it is from china ;) 

Looks great! Looking forward to playing this when it's released.

Loving what I'm seeing here! I've had a fascination for anything Japan-related for as long as I can remember, and it's a joy seeing an interpretation of its geography in Doom. Can't wait to give this a spin.

Cool shots!  The only thing I would change is the textures on top of the 3D railings; it looks a little weird with the red.

8 minutes ago, Lutz said:

Cool shots!  The only thing I would change is the textures on top of the 3D railings; it looks a little weird with the red.

Thanks for your opinion :)  I will see if something else fits better! 

55 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Loving what I'm seeing here! I've had a fascination for anything Japan-related for as long as I can remember, and it's a joy seeing an interpretation of its geography in Doom. Can't wait to give this a spin.

That makes both of us then ! 

Looks awesome.

I'm also getting some Shadow Warrior vibes, and that's a good thing for me.

21 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Looks awesome.

I'm also getting some Shadow Warrior vibes, and that's a good thing for me.

Me love Shadow Warrior a lot <3 

As I have told you before, you are very talented and this looks great. The textures are complimenting each other really well, and the level of detail is just right. Keep up this amazing work, I look forward to more! :D <3

I was totally just thinking recently about trying to design a Japan based Doom level with SW textures. Maybe a port harbor leading into a city or something.

Very cool looking map!

1 hour ago, Skrap Productions said:

As I have told you before, you are very talented and this looks great. The textures are complimenting each other really well, and the level of detail is just right. Keep up this amazing work, I look forward to more! :D <3

<3 Thanks

If any of you have COOL   names that could fit with this Wad just let me know!!! (Won't stay like Japan Doom forever...)

How about Japanese words akin to "Doom" in how ominous it sounds? Something like Metsubō (滅亡).

Paging @tatsurd-cacocaco about this. He might have better ideas.

6 hours ago, elden4 said:

looks interesting and promising!

Thanks! It's taking me a lot of time but I am enjoying it so far