Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

tnt level 21 on nightmare

in compet-n my nick is simply Xit Vono. I am relatively new to compet-n, although I have played Doom in 1999 and was even pretty good at it. I did a recording of the first 3 episodes of Ultimate Doom on nightmare. I think that I am better than most compet-n players in nightmare playing, but not very good at speedrunning. Adam Hegyi seems like he is mostly good at speedrunning, but he can do nightmare.

There's no category that he doesn't excel at... but control is really his strongest suit. that is why he has most of the speed records -- he's not faster than us, he simply has more control.
He is the only player that I think could take away (or equal) any of the compet-n records... if he wanted to.

I would like to see more Xit Vono max and nightmare demos though... your longer demos are really fun to watch.

Adam Hegyi probably doesn't have exceptional skill at Tyson style. He has only like 5 total of all the Tyson records.

I think that I am better than most compet-n players in nightmare playing, but not very good at speedrunning. Adam Hegyi seems like he is mostly good at speedrunning, but he can do nightmare.

Xit: "He can do nightmare" Adam is a D2S.... you know what that means, right? And I don't think you are better than most guys at c-n (no offense, but you are quite new to running afterall). I recommend Henning's newest 30nm, Adam's lv01-041 and basically all the D2S guys' runs for watching. Then try to do it. Good luck.

Opulent: Adam has incredible control, and he's a very stubborn player. His routes are usually the fastest also (we all know the phrase "think before you run"). The combination of those three make him the player he is. Just look at the nomo rankings.

Fuck, I just got Waldon on my contact list. I'm still fucking shaking... I'm expecting him to frag me with ICQ somehow.

Waldon: Dude I have done 3 uncompleted tnt levels on nightmare, which is not an easy task. I am sure there are others that could do that, but not very many. If there are more than a few people better than me at nightmare, then why didn't they do those levels first? It's not like I had to discover the routes from scratch, my routes are almost identical to Peo's TAS demos except for tnt21, where I skipped the first area and went directly for the red key. Now I looked at a list of Adam's demos, and most of his nightmare demos are for the easier levels. The only really hard nightmare level I saw that he had a record for was MAP11, and I can do that. I have also done the first 3 episodes of doom on nightmare level, which is also not an easy task, and that was a long time ago. I will have to try a doom2 nightmare run sometime. Most of the levels look pretty easy compared to the hard TNT levels that I've done.

If there are more than a few people better than me at nightmare, then why didn't they do those levels first?

The reason is, because TNT NM is boring. They could do it... but why? It's not fun. It took me 409 tries to get tn03-153 but it wasn't too much fun. Most players don't care about maps that aren't interesting to play. TNT is mostly for beginners (not skillwise), the older players let the new ones get TNT demos so they get some practice.

Now I looked at a list of Adam's demos, and most of his nightmare demos are for the easier levels.

My point.

I have also done the first 3 episodes of doom on nightmare level, which is also not an easy task, and that was a long time ago.

Good job. I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just saying that you haven't had a fight with a really good speedrunner over a map yet. That's hard.

I will have to try a doom2 nightmare run sometime.

Good luck. I hope we'll have a new D2S soon. I will work on my 30uv :)

hmmm. I don't think it took me nearly 409 tries to do tn03-222. I would say about 100 at the most, and after I did it first without lmp, I did it the next time within 4 or 5 tries. tn32-702 I think took about 60 or so tries for me. Anyways, Adam is a good nightmare player, but he is not the worlds best nightmare player. That would probably be Vincent or Henning.

I don't think it took me nearly 409 tries to do tn03-222. I would say about 100 at the most

Mine is 1:53 though. :)