Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Looking for this one by George Fiffy (reoltough) and it was a metallica midi playing over the level, possibly map 30/31/32?

I know it's somewhere on the Maximum Doom, but to maybe ease the process - does anyone know of a single map deathmatch map that's set in a plain circular arena, pretty large, no openings. Maybe some platforms on two sides. There were stairs leading to a secret inner hallway around the arena that was flashing and had some redwalls I think. It had kick-ass music, that's the main reason - I want to trace the music maybe. 

Hi there!

Im looking for a specific Map in a mapset.

It is a slaughtermap, with around 10k enemies if I remember correctly. Its part of a multilevel Wad.

The level itself is  like a giant arena/courtyard completely filled with enemies, and in each of the four corners you have a room with very tricky Vilefights in em. You need to find some keys too.

I know ive seen the map on YouTube, but i cant find it again :S

A wad that has around 5 episodes, gzdoom only, starting map is in akin to Quakes episode selector, one of the episodes is mayan themed

Looking for a doom mod with a Flamethrower in it  that looks a LOT like the one from Ultimate Torment & Torture its not that mod... ( Not Looking For Brutal Doom Or Project Brutality )

I think its this one... but i dont know whats it called...

A couple of years ago there was a WAD I played. You started in the bedroom of an apartment and there were a couple staircases. The door to the outside led to a big town. Does anybody know what I am talking about?

39 minutes ago, Hayden1121 said:

A couple of years ago there was a WAD I played. You started in the bedroom of an apartment and there were a couple staircases. The door to the outside led to a big town. Does anybody know what I am talking about?

I originally thought that this might be Planisphere 2 but after loading it up I realized that the apartment didn't fit and you take an elevator down to the ground floor. After thinking about what city maps it could be, I thought of Overdose, but you start out in an art gallery. Then I remembered its original...

Sacrament's MAP02 is the original version of Doxylamine Moon: Overdose. In SACRMENT's MAP02, you start out in the bedroom of your little apartment and step into the depressing complex halls. There's a little staircase that goes up but which is gated off and one that goes down to the ground floor. From there you can step outside and down the outdoor staircase into the city proper. Is this what you were looking for?

33 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

I originally thought that this might be Planisphere 2 but after loading it up I realized that the apartment didn't fit and you take an elevator down to the ground floor. After thinking about what city maps it could be, I thought of Overdose, but you start out in an art gallery. Then I remembered its original...

Sacrament's MAP02 is the original version of Doxylamine Moon: Overdose. In SACRMENT's MAP02, you start out in the bedroom of your little apartment and step into the depressing complex halls. There's a little staircase that goes up but which is gated off and one that goes down to the ground floor. From there you can step outside and down the outdoor staircase into the city proper. Is this what you were looking for?

I get out of school at 2:30. When I get home I will Play it. Thanks!

Does anyone have/know where to get something similar to this? I know the thread btw. Suddenly had a gggmork craving :P

Darn, i wish i was registered here when ggg was still spamming all this  garbage  gold. Lots of missing gems :(

Time for another question: did anyone known where the find the Mickey Mouse doom mod?

I know exist a sound fx wad using Disney sources and i recall to have played a wad with the shape of Mickey's head ages ago, so I know it exist...

I am looking for something I seen years ago that was like a city with custom weapons. It used a sound effect from the movie Dirty Harry for the Magnum 44 gun. This is all I can remember of the wad, I apologize for not having any other details. Just a city and the iconic Dirty Harry gun shooting sound effect on one weapon. 

what wad is this? someone posted this in a forum and it looks like a really cool vanilla wad.

1525437999184.png.207f1204764fff16ac309cb42b4de105.png

Do you remember where you found that image? We might need more context to make a concrete decision.

That looks somewhat like Gravity, but it's been so long that my memory of that one is fuzzy, so I can't be sure.

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Do you remember where you found that image? We might need more context to make a concrete decision.

That looks somewhat like Gravity, but it's been so long that my memory of that one is fuzzy, so I can't be sure.

it was a reply to an unrelated post on /vr/ with no context besides the filename "3_fucking_pixels.png"

In that case, the (slim) possibility of Gravity still stands, but it looks like an Eternal wad, and the only Eternal wads I'm familiar with are Eternal Doom 3, Epic, and Epic 2 to the best of my knowledge.

Though, I must admit that I have no real idea. Sorry.

oh... thats not at all what i was expecting.  i thought it was a map like btsx e2 map20 with a murky green sky.

Any wads set in an antarctic (or otherwise icy) setting? I really want to play one now.

Specifics are somewhat irrelevant here, the setting is all that matters.

4 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Any wads set in an antarctic (or otherwise icy) setting? I really want to play one now.

Specifics are somewhat irrelevant here, the setting is all that matters.

Uh, this thread is for specific wads, not general request for a type of map :P

That being said, my recommendations (in spoiler):

Spoiler

-Circle of Caina

-Whitemare 1/2

-32in24 14

-Cold as hell

-Action doom 2 dead of winter

-Winters Fury

-H2H christmas

-Frozen Time

-Nordhell

-CC4 map08

-Artica series

-Frozen Inferno

-Joy of mapping 5 (in its first episode, the rest arent snow themed)

I think there are more, but this should be adequate. A lot of them are 32+ level megwads. 

Just randomly wanted to play B.P.R.D (aka @Foofoo) stuff, any idea where download links for these wads went? (They are featured here):

canyonSMALL.jpg This pic is from "Dark Canyon"

RedTunnel.gif This pic is from "Terror of the tunnel lights"

This time I really am looking for a specific wad.

I seem to remember that @Xaser made a weapons mod for Heretic because "[he] needed GUNS" years ago and I've never been able to track it down after seeing it that first time.

It's a shame I don't remember the title (though that would defeat the purpose of this post), but I do at least remember the author, or at least, I think I do.