Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doommarine_maxi

Simon Garlick. What happened to him?

I played Doom 3 long time ago (I mean well played, hear all pda logs, saw all videos, read all emails, etc...)  but yesterday I was listen to some audio logs again and I was amazed by the one by Simon Garlick in hell.

And my question is, what happened to him?, there's some info about him in the novels?, or what's your theory about what happened?.

Man, I try to imagine how it was for him being alone in there for TWO DAYS and damn, I could read a story about Simon Garlick's fate, I think there's potential to an amazing fanfic about him.

If second log was not so "silly" it would be cool concept to play as Simon Garlick as 4th Doomguy in Doom 3 Universe. But Simon's text sounds like he never fighted with demons, he was totally alone (I mean, demons were in shadows, but they didn't try to kill him for unknown reasons).

Anyway, I think that Simon died. I mean, if all demons still ignore him - he will die due to hunger.

Basically he went on a research journey with his squad and then his squad was killed by the demos. Then as a act of sadism the demons allow Simon to live so that they can slowly drive him insane, before then killing him. Judging by the things you see and hear in the game it's also safe to assume that the demons harvested his soul afterward along those of his friends and then condemned them to an eternity of suffering in hell afterward. Scary stuff.

I've sometimes wondered if he was the guy who stumbled out of the portal in Delta just in time to have a Hell Knight toss him into the wall. That would seem like the kind of sick irony id likes to throw into their Doom games. "Congratulations, you win. Everybody died. The End" is literally the ending to several of their games, for example Doom Resurrection on mobile.

45 minutes ago, Quasar said:

is literally the ending to several of their games, for example Doom Resurrection on mobile.

also literally the ending of Doom3 RoE

How different is RoE from the rest of D3? Dropped it after getting too tired of the main game (and several progress killing crashes), is it worth picking back up?

1 hour ago, ScreechingBoner said:

How different is RoE from the rest of D3? Dropped it after getting too tired of the main game (and several progress killing crashes), is it worth picking back up?

Much more action shooter moments, interesting boss battles (and they looks like a boss battle, not the "uh, mancubi...ok, gotta kill them, whatever").

I like RoE much more than first campaign. [/offtop]

He died of garlic overdose and a breath so bad it melted his own face off, the end.

The demons were stalking and toying with Simon Garlick, letting him get two steps ahead and eventually they caught up to him. And when they did, the demons tore him to bits and pieces like a fat hungry man tears apart a loaf of garlic bread.