Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaia74

And the heaven?

I worked in my Hectic x, my first good mod, but now in the new version you can get help from angels , the heaven help you

and that's why ask me, What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

8 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Well, who do you think supplies all these medikits and ammo boxes?

I thought it was your dead comrades, or left behind by expeditions into Hell (because UAC is badass enough to open these portals, they probably got some guys in).

I never imagined heaven being a thing in the Doomiverse.

Alternatively for what @Benjogami said, heaven is as bad or worse for letting this (or causing this) situation to happen, or is otherwise indifferent to the plight of mortals (ala Salvation War).

Alternatively alternatively, there is none and so only Earth and Hell can settle their differences. Preferably by one destroying the other. I like that one.

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

The problem with heaven stuff in Doom is that because God is all powerful, you're left with a couple possibilities for disappointment:

1. Heaven stuff is as powerful as it's touted to be, and there's no game left to play. You win!

2. Heaven stuff isn't as powerful advertised, and you still have to do most of the work. Thanks for nothing!

The problem of evil: doom edition.

1 hour ago, Benjogami said:

Who cares, it's just a Doom level, plaster some pearly gates and fluffy clouds on it and call it heaven.

only the things of heaven are some powerful items, like a rosary give you 500 of armor, is strong but still the demons can defeat you, and some allies can spawn, like a one heaven guard or a archangel 

21 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

only the things of heaven are some powerful items, like a rosary give you 500 of armor, is strong but still the demons can defeat you, and some allies can spawn, like a one heaven guard or a archangel 

Nah. The heaven already gave you the power to spawn/resurrect as many times as you want :p

(It can be a curse if you look the other way)

But yeah, jokes aside, I think something like that could be cool, especially if all of Doomguy's weapons and powers were redesigned to make him a magic holy warrior, or something.

Is the idea, Doomguy fighting the demons , but he has a little help from the heaven

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

Well, who do you think supplies all these medikits and ammo boxes?

That would be mortal Earthlings

I tend to think in the Doom universe hell is the only destination. Maybe there is another force out there but they’re indifferent towards mankind. I don’t know, it’s a game about fighting demons with shotguns and space chainsaws on Mars.

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Alternatively for what @Benjogami said, heaven is as bad or worse for letting this (or causing this) situation to happen, or is otherwise indifferent to the plight of mortals (ala Salvation War).

Hey, mortals opened up a portal to Hell, mortals get to sort their mess by themselves. That's the price of free will.

8 hours ago, Benjogami said:

You can still have heaven in Doom as a sanctuary or non-combat zone, where you have huge supplies of ammo and health. In ports, it can also work as a Strife-like home base. Eventually this base gets attacked by monsters and you must defend it.

Heaven can also work as the enemy's base if you're in league with Satan. Given the scale which we tend to imagine heaven, I think it would be much harder than usual Doom, because angels tend to wear armour and look like the weirdest things imaginable. And blind/kill you on sight if they gesture funnily at you.

Tbh the hell isn't necessarily the biblical one, it could just be another world that happens to be made out of fire and brimstone, and full of horned aliens that draw pentagrams, so pretty much hell.

On 5/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Gaia74 said:

What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

If you've watched Supernatural, you'll know that angels can be real assholes with a God complex (pun intended). So, I can easily see a version of DooM where DoomGuy is battling angels.

The show does feature some good angels too. That's where co-op gameplay could shine. Heh.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:46 PM, Gaia74 said:

I worked in my Hectic x, my first good mod, but now in the new version you can get help from angels , the heaven help you

and that's why ask me, What do you think from the heaven in the doom universe?

Heaven in Doom universe? Heresy!!!

On 5/7/2018 at 9:56 PM, Benjogami said:

You omitted the most dire possibility.

3. Heaven stuff is actually behind the Hell stuff all along. God is all powerful, but despises you. This is canon, btw. There is no escape.