Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Name of some clan thing from Need For Speed: Carbon that I forgot about a long time ago, but somehow suddenly snapped in my mind while creating this account. My GOD Need For Speed plots are horrible!

11 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

"Yuki" is Japanese for "snow".  I winter immensely, especially when it's all snowy outside.  And since I speak some Japanese, it seemed fun to use the Japanese term for "snow".

"Raven" is because ravens are one of my favorite animals, and are important to me spiritually as well.  Plus there's one tattooed on my arm.

So.... YukiRaven.

I remember that your old name was "yukb1t", so what's the meaning of the old name?

34 minutes ago, TFK said:

Name of some clan thing from Need For Speed: Carbon that I forgot about a long time ago, but somehow suddenly snapped in my mind while creating this account. My GOD Need For Speed plots are horrible!

Heh, but the older games had a better plot than the last ones, imo anyway :v .

I always liked Kenji's Bushido more btw, especially his RX-7. The Exotics in that game have atrocious handling.

From King Of Fighters - K' sounds like "key(K) dash" I changed it to qdash. "Q" is because I'm fan on Quake game series. Strange? Whatever. :D

23 minutes ago, mun said:

I remember that your old name was "yukb1t", so what's the meaning of the old name?

"Yuki" is the same, but "b1t" (that's B-one-T, pronounced "bit" like "8 bits to a byte") was because I like computers.  One reason I changed it is because people kept thinking it was "Yuki B-L-T"

My initials + my birth date. Not saying my real name in any thread, just on PMs if I know you well enough. 

I just took it from old Starbound name generator for characters. I use full username on discord, which is go by Mysterious Haruko. Some people can think that I took it FLCL anime. I use my username for few other places. Outside of those few places, I use my real name and surname :""""")

Actually, betraying myself here? I am thinking of changing my username to the most beautiful word in the English language.

(the) Ucalegon. Google its meaning because you won't believe me if I told you. Sadly it would probably go over many peoples head if I did change.

21 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

Actually, betraying myself here? I am thinking of changing my username to the most beautiful word in the English language.

(the) Ucalegon. Google its meaning because you won't believe me if I told you. Sadly it would probably go over many peoples head if I did change.

From Latin Ūcalegōn, from Ancient Greek Οὐκαλέγων (Oukalégōn). He was one of the Elders of Troy, whose house was set on fire by the Achaeans when they sacked the city. He is one of Priam's friends in the Iliad (3.148) and the destruction of his house is referred to in the Aeneid (2.312).

From https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ucalegon.

Yes but you have to scroll down to find the meaning of Ucalegon in English which is "A neighbor whose house is on fire or has burned down".  Beautiful even if the word is a bit dated.

2 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

But, it's too similar to @Ancalagon . Could cause confusion.

My advice: Keep the current name or find one that's not too similar to someone else's.

I like the word "Terminator" & Doom but someone is already using it here, so I changed it to Slovenia/Terminator. The_SloVinator

Since I live in that "nobody has ever heard of" country.

Like in 7th, 6th grade, I read about Percival the dude from medival times and all in class. Found it a rad name. Ready player one kinda convinced me to keep the name. In hindsight its a bad username and kinda ruined by the book but imma still keep it. Kept it running so far so

my name is josh....i'm a nerd....my favourite console at the time is the NES (it's still in the top few, but not my favourite.) had this name since june 2011 and i've used it long enough that it's almost a part of me and i won't change it for a very long time. the profile picture you see to the left is a recent development, but i quite like it.

On average, I drink roughly 500 mg of caffeine a day. (For perspective, that's equal to about six 8 oz. cans of Red Bull.) That's why. 

17 hours ago, DeadAstronaut said:

I took mine out of a lyric from this song by Marilyn Manson. 

I *knew* there had to be a reason for the Ziggy Stardust avatar.

On 5/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Bridgeburner56 said:

Th Bridgeburners are the elite military squad that a large part of The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. It is the most convoluted, expansive, dark, epic fantasy series every written (IMO). 10 books (8000ish pages) of jaw dropping magnificence. Better than the Dark Tower series and I'm a Steven King fan boy.

Better than The Dark Tower? Dang! How does it compare to The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan? Regardless, I'll have to check it out, I love long epic series like these. Thanks. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread

10 hours ago, Octavarium said:

Better than The Dark Tower? Dang! How does it compare to The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan? Regardless, I'll have to check it out, I love long epic series like these. Thanks. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread

I'd say so (Dark Tower is pretty incredible, one of the greatest endings ever written). It's much better than the Wheel of Time which has some serious flat points (book 10 is particularly dull) although Brandon Sanderson does a very good job with the finish. If you like massively complicated plots in a brutal world where mortals can kill deities but death is not as final as it seems then Steven Erikson is for you. He's not afraid to make the reader figure everything out for themselves, I've read some of the books 15 times and I'm still picking things up. Also, you should read Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive which is only 3 books beep but shaping up very nicely. 

Nice name BTW (assuming a DT reference)

Apologies for the continued thread highjack

On 5/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

"Scorpions - Wind Of Change".

I remember back when my mom was still alive and I was a young teen we were watching a top 100 worst metal songs list on prolly vh1 or something; they rated this song somewhere in the top 10! My mom was just like wtf it's not even a metal song, and she told me about how she went to one of their concerts when she was younger and this song had everyone in the crowd holding up their lighters, more than any other song that night.

Personally I love the song. If you like the Scorpions I'd recommend giving a listen to their Moment of Glory album with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra; it's a good listen the whole way through, especially tracks 5 and 6. I always play them back to back since 5 leads into 6. Lovely cd.

I just randomly thought it up back in 2008. Curiously enough, my username has become a rather integral part of my identity over the past decade. At this point, I can't imagine "who" else I would be if I wasn't MFG38.

My username was named after my favorite Hexen class, Baratus "Fighter" and simply put two letter I's as a 2.

I've kept that username since then, I also name myself Baratus 95 just because my favorite vintage OS was Windows 95.

My username was the name of an old comic book/flash animation character I made up in high school years ago, who eventually became the main character for some of my Doom mods.

My story is pretty f***d up.

My first username was "DXZ", I took it from my favourite hoody. But on my native language it sounds like as "IDK" (I don't know), so after few comments like "lmao, you didn't even try to come up with username?" I...I took my hoody, looked into it's label and found that this "DXZ" stands for "DeXiaZ". Ok, I thought. Also google said that this word is kinda means "Right hand of the God" (I'm not into religion, but it sounds too epic...that's sinful because it's a Pride, I know).

Also, btw, sometimes I'm using "DeXiaZ Fantom" as kinda Name+Surname. The second one nickname one time I've used between "DXZ" and "DeXiaZ".

Fantom is not a clever username, because there are toooooo many Fantoms in the Net. But there are no DeXiaZ'es (checked). But even more, there are no DeXiaZ Fantomes, lmao. Well...Please, somebody, call for the medics, I'm totally loosed my mind...Using nickname by word on hoody...wtf

P.S.: My "DXZ" hoody was white. Few years after I've bought the same hoody, but it was black with..."DBK". I didn't found what "DBK" means (I mean, DeBiaK?????), but it looked like that I've found the Evil version of my nickname. BTW, never used "DBK" as nickname.

On 5/10/2018 at 5:40 PM, MFG38 said:

I just randomly thought it up back in 2008. Curiously enough, my username has become a rather integral part of my identity over the past decade. At this point, I can't imagine "who" else I would be if I wasn't MFG38.

Mad. Finnish. Gamer.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I chose this name because I am the hero that Doomworld needs, but not the one anyone wanted

I came up with my username via morrowind name generator. Yeah im lazy b*tch :D

My username comes from the first selected Pinball game in the "Balls of Steel" computer game. It is also the first (and probably the only) Duke Nukem game I ever played. 

That, and the other clever names were taken. image.png.849f74da42579545407754156ca7755d.png

Just the old classic IDDQD.

IDDQD was my go to cheat as a kid (Because I was bad at doom and the computer I had at the time could run doom but not as well. Slow has heck) Ever since it has been one of my favorite codes.  

Edited by Equinox24 : Should have specified more.