Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
⇛Marnetmar⇛

How are you doing?

I'm playing through tie fighter again and generally grinding the day to day out.

Should be mapping...

Nothing really to complain about.

All good, just very busy in real life. Essentially a lab manager in all but name (awaiting a promotion). Just recently celebrated my 1 year wedding anniversary with my wife and we are expecting our first child in August. Alas this has made things difficult to make much progress on projects here on doomworld.  So apologies for letting the team down in certain projects I am involved in.

So, I don't have a class for 4th hour, which is the first period I have on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I decided I was gonna go up to McDonald's since I had nothing better to do, so I took the 10-minute hike from my school to McDonald's.

There were a couple of elderly people who were getting ready to go in, so I held the door for them. There ended up being 2 other elderly men, one of which held the door and told me to go in.

So I went in and waited my turn to order. One of the old men from before was next to me and asked what I was getting; I told him just a cold coffee and a couple of hashbrowns.

And to my complete and utter surprise, he says he'll buy my food for me. So he and I walk up to the counter and I order my frapp and hashbrowns, and he orders his decaf. He pays the $7 and is given his coffee. I thanked him and all he had to say was "thank you for being curteous" before he left. After a couple of minutes, my frapp and hashbrowns come out.

So, yeah, my day's off to a pleasant start.

EDIT: lmao now CapitalOne won't let me sign in until I have a code texted to my primary phone number attached to the account, and I don't have access to my phone. In fact, the primary phone number is my dad's phone. Fucking great.

Edited by Pyrolex : capitalone fucking sucks

Things have gotten messy. Things will get far more messy before its over.

Well, currently I feel like in a struggle within my mind about lot of things, it's really annoying ... I wish I should brainwash myself.

1 hour ago, Mayhem666 said:

Well, currently I feel like in a struggle within my mind about lot of things, it's really annoying ... I wish I should brainwash myself.

What are you talking about? Everything is fine. You are very calm and happy with yourself now. You feel positive each day because you realize each day is good. Good things happen to you and you make good things happen for others. Everything is relaxed and you're enjoying life.

2 hours ago, geo said:

What are you talking about? Everything is fine. You are very calm and happy with yourself now. You feel positive each day because you realize each day is good. Good things happen to you and you make good things happen for others. Everything is relaxed and you're enjoying life.

lol'd that one, I wish it was true tough haha.

Friday is always a good thing. But my stomach has been aching all day. I guess I need some pepto bismol. Over the lips and past the gums look out indigestion here I come!

I finished exercising, looking forward to the weekend. I ride the exercise bike for around 40 minutes and burn 500 calories, mon-fri. I'm not fat, but I would like to slim down (have a bit of a belly but am skinny everywhere else).

7 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

have a bit of a belly but am skinny everywhere else

Putting on some muscle helps. Having good stamina sure is nice, but in theory it's possible to have a good degree of stamina while still being obese. You don't need to go for a bruce lee-ish appearance, but if you want for your training to remain effective (and your time being well spent, for that matter), you need to vary it a bit and work on different things. In other words, "surprise your body"

Yesterday I've cut my hair an undercut. And I want to say that's was a bad idea. I'm sorry that I did it.

Now I want to delete that haircut.

Things are less messy now that I talked to that lawyer. They still have the potential to get messy with escalating things.

Struggling to hit my Sales Target this month. Boss is on my arse. Feeling tired and apathetic but I don't have luxury to take a day off.

Otherwise all is well.

Very thing is going quite well for the moment. I've started playing Star Wars Empire at War, and after several botched raids against one enemy planet I have concluded that a re-balancing mod may have drastically un-balanced the game (either that, or I'm simply terrible at the game, which is a strong possibility).

With that said however, I am terrified about my up-coming exams. I am unlikely to fail, the only exams that I 'failed' were at GCES level (sorry, I don't know what the equivalent would be in other parts of the world), and even those I simply scored below the desired 'C' grade. I have been revising quite a bit for the last 4 or so weeks, thus I should* be fine.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'm clinically depressed, recovering from addiction, hate living in my own skin, and every day subtracts a little more willpower from me to continue working on my dream game project

So yeah everything is pretty much great

EDIT: Also, the guy I used to call my dad thinks I'm a pedophile for literally no substantive reason. That isn't hyperbole, there is actually no real reason he thinks that

Finally, I returned from hospital, full of determination to continue on mapping for my not so big project or do another "I did map on one day, please review" stuff. Besides that, I missed my family, home place and my pets. 

I'm preparing for exams (in Russia we call it "ЕГЭ") that will be started on 20 June. Because if I don't do it, I will not to go to university.

I have only two ways after college: go to university or to army. But I don't want to go to army, and go to university is difficult. Of course I can have a third way - go to work. But it's difficult too and no promotions.

Warning: incoming text wall.

So, last Friday we started a project in my math class where we had to get 4 different brands/type of the same kind of snack. Our group did goldfish, and my teammates were Miles and Becky (those aren't their real names, btw, I'm naming them those for the sake of privacy on their part). Becky wanted to work alone, but as soon as we were told to get into our groups, Miles asked if he could work with me and Becky, to which we just shrug and say sure. I don't remember why Becky went along with it. We did planning for the project, and we were set. Over the weekend, Becky and I got our respective snacks for the project. We show up on Tuesday (that's when I have my math class), and guess what Miles doesn't have? So Becky gives him $10 and asks another classmate to take Miles to the local King Sooper's to get his snack. He's back in, like, 20 minutes with his contribution. And right as the actual project starts, I had to leave for an ortho appointment. I think, "Okay, no big deal, I can copy the data from Becky on Thursday, problem solved."

And this is just to provide context for what happened on Thursday. We were presenting, and Miles was supposed to work on a graph. And guess what the fuck he didn't do? Becky, to no surprise, did get all the data. So we have to rush him to get the graph done so we could present. And I'm still a firm believer in the idea that if I didn't have an ortho appointment, this wouldn't have happened.

It gets worst, though. That same night, I had this melody I'd written on staff paper (the stuff used for sheet music) for the first time and I wanted to play it on a piano or something so I could see how it sounded. (It's worth mentioning that I prefer working with MIDI, because I can write up the music there and listen to it, then make changes as I go with the song.) So, I get home from the hospital last night (I was visiting my dad, who'd just gotten out of brain surgery; yes, he's okay), and I open up our piano and pull the sheet music out of my binder. I set it up next to the piano, and then I'm immediately told "It's too late for the piano." And that put me in an even more sour mood because I'd gone an entire day with this music and I still didn't know what it sounded like and it was pissing me off even more than Miles in my math class. It was starting to drive me crazy.

And this morning, I brought that binder to school. There's a piano by the front door that people used to play, and I figured that nobody really had any interest in it anymore, so I figured it was fine for me to play. I try to open it... and nothing. It was fucking glued shut. So I'm slowly going insane because my dad's in the hospital, Miles in my math class is an absolute nuisance, and I have this music that I wrote and I still don't fucking know what it sounds like, so I don't know if I need to make any changes or what. Fucking kill me.

AND this was all in the span of just one week. I'm about ready to lose it.

Edited by Pyrolex : time lmao

I was just on the bus going home from school when it got pulled over by the police. The bus driver got out and sat in the police car talking to them so it was probably directed at him personally, I even saw them turn round when they were in a queue, as if they went 'There he is!' and then pulled us over. They didn't say anything to us about what it was or anything, just looked around the bus as if it was smuggling cocaine or something. Then they just talked to him for about 15 minutes and then he got back into the bus and dropped us all off at our stops in silence. I have a feeling I won't be seeing him as my driver anymore...

I would have tried to take a picture so I could make it go viral like "ZOMG THE BUS DRIVER JUST GOT ARRESTED!!!" ...But my phone was dead. Shame ._.

Edited by Grimosaur

Crests and troughs, you know how it is. Left my job in December to attempt to pursue a career driving semi trucks, couldn't because my vision failed. Came home, couldn't get work, lost my home and most of my things, living with my mother now with barely a dollar to my name.

I'd say I'm doing okay. I could sure be better, though.

Glad to see you other boys are doing well.

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Crests and troughs, you know how it is. Left my job in December to attempt to pursue a career driving semi trucks, couldn't because my vision failed. Came home, couldn't get work, lost my home and most of my things, living with my mother now with barely a dollar to my name.

I'd say I'm doing okay. I could sure be better, though.

Glad to see you other boys are doing well.

That's really sad. If I were you, I would have instantly left town.

Don't worry dude, concentrate on your interests and studies. Everything will fall into place.

Not half as sad as half the posts on this very thread.

It's happened before. I'll bounce back. Always do.

But hey, you get to go see the capital (as in, D.C., right?), which is awesome!

Just now, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Not half as sad as half the posts on this very thread.

It's happened before. I'll bounce back. Always do.

But hey, you get to go see the capital (as in, D.C., right?), which is awesome!

It's a monthly study tour. Electronics are allowed.

Things are much better.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:15 AM, Chezza said:

Struggling to hit my Sales Target this month. Boss is on my arse. Feeling tired and apathetic but I don't have luxury to take a day off.

Otherwise all is well.

Sales? Don't you mean murder quota? Remember... you are a big stompy robot. You can do anything! Except walk stairs.

Edited by geo

I'm just super in need of emotional vaporwave right now; I don't know what it is about this music, but like I figured out a while ago that a big part of why I move around so much between musical genres has to do with me sucking out all the emotional value they have because music is the only way I can feel anything

and usually they eventually run out but vaporwave and its related genres surprise me with seemingly endless feels