Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Is there a way to invert line angles?

Question

Using GZDB, UDMF format. I don't see a thing for it anywhere at the top (or side). I'm trying to invert like 3 lines currently.

4 answers to this question

I am not sure what you mean by "invert". If you mean to flip each line so the front is where the back was, select one of more line, and hit F to flip them over.

If you want to flip the whole selection, select the lines and hit E for Edit Selection mode (the same mode you get when you copy-and-paste). Up on top, right next to Help, there should now be buttons for Flip Selection Vertically and Flip Selection Horizontally.

I mean if a circular corner was popping out, could I select the lines and pop it in?

2 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

I mean if a circular corner was popping out, could I select the lines and pop it in?

Yes, selecting the lines and flipping them by 180 degrees should do the trick unless you want to modify the actual shape of the group of lines as well

5 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

You will need to select all linedefs of the curve that points "outward", then press "E" to enter "edit selection mode", and that should allow you to "flip" the whole geometry.

If else fails, you can copy the curve you want to "flip", paste the linedefs somewhere in the open, "flip" them there, drag them in place, and then get rid of the linedefs that you don't need anymore.