Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

Happy Mother's Day, Doomworld!

Since we are on the day honoring and respecting our mother's, do you have any special plans to celebrate? 

For me, I gave my Mom an ordinary card telling her how much I love her, all of that basic stuff. More importantly, my family is having a nice homemade lunch with some of my relatives. Up at my Grandparents for the weekend, some more relatives dropping by. 

What is your Mother's Day plan? 

I sketched out a picture of Princess Celestia relaxing with a book and wrote something along the lines of "Happy Mother's Day, now take a day off from ruling your kingdom" and signed it and all that yesterday and gave it to her this morning.

Aside from that, I haven't got much in mind.

Uhhh... crap.

Well, so far she hasn't noticed it's Mothers Day either so we're good for now.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I sketched out a picture of Princess Celestia relaxing with a book and wrote something along the lines of "Happy Mother's Day, now take a day off from ruling your kingdom" and signed it and all that yesterday and gave it to her this morning.

Aside from that, I haven't got much in mind.

That sounds nice. I wish I said something like that in my Mother's Day card. 

21 minutes ago, Grimosaur said:

Uhhh... crap.

Well, so far she hasn't noticed it's Mothers Day either so we're good for now.

Going to make it a surprise for her? Ignore the day completely? 

19 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Going to make it a surprise for her? Ignore the day completely? 

Honestly, I'll probably just ignore it. I'm pretty sure that she is only not saying anything because she really doesn't care about it that much. I swear I remember her telling me that she doesn't care about it anyway.

Also, absolutely no one in the household has said anything about it, so either EVERYONE has forgot or we just really don't care about Mothers Day anymore.

1 minute ago, Grimosaur said:

Honestly, I'll probably just ignore it. I'm pretty sure that she is only not saying anything because she really doesn't care about it that much. I swear I remember her telling me that she doesn't care about it anyway.

Also, absolutely no one in the household has said anything about it, so either EVERYONE has forgot or we just really don't care about Mothers Day anymore.

Fair enough. Personally I care about Mother's Day so I can show kindness and gratitude to my mother, but whatever floats your boat. I don't care about Father's Day too much though. 

A great opportunity to let somebody who cared for us for so long, before we were even able to care for ourselves and in most cases even after, heh, know how much we care about them. Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there and much <3

My Mother's Day plan is to ask people what they're doing for Mother's Day, around August or September, just to see that look of abject panic on their faces.

2 minutes ago, Urthar said:

My Mother's Day plan is to ask people what they're doing for Mother's Day, around August or September, just to see that look of abject panic on their faces.

I couldn't keep that chuckle coming out. 

Thank you Starkiller! 😄 Got emails from my kids, grandkids, and a couple of sisters. Good enough for me! :D

Edited by grouchbag

41 minutes ago, Urthar said:

I always celebrate April Fool's Day on March 31st. No one ever sees it coming.

Anyway, mother's day is in May since its when flowers grow. Much like Easter is just after hens start laying eggs. Chickens wander around laying eggs here and there. Its good busy work for children. I assume Christmas is a week before the end of the year so everyone spends their surplus.

55 minutes ago, grouchbag said:

Thank you Starkiller! 😄 Got emails from my kids, grandkids, and a couple of sisters. Good enough for me! 😄

Glad I made this thread! Always nice to connect to together with family. Had an aunt, uncle, and great-grandmother visit other, so it was a great time. 

29 minutes ago, geo said:

I always celebrate April Fool's Day on March 31st. No one ever sees it coming.

Anyway, mother's day is in May since its when flowers grow. Much like Easter is just after hens start laying eggs. Chickens wander around laying eggs here and there. Its good busy work for children. I assume Christmas is a week before the end of the year so everyone spends their surplus.

Celebrating April Fool's before the actual day. That is the best folly you can ever pull on someone in your family and friends group. 

Thanks but you are a few months too late for me :)
(Where i come from we celebrate it on march 8th)

In Costa Rica, we celebrate Mother's day on August 15th, have no plans yet but I wish Happy Mother's day to all moms and also your mothers my fellow Doomguys and Doomgirls, including those Doomgirls who are mothers.

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

In Costa Rica, we celebrate Mother's day on August 15th, have no plans yet but I wish Happy Mother's day to all moms and also your mothers my fellow Doomguys and Doomgirls, including those Doomgirls who are mothers.

Hopefully you'll have a good Mother's Day soon. Costa Rica seems fascinating to visit. 

Doomgirl mothers? Those are the best parents a kid can ask for. 

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Hopefully you'll have a good Mother's Day soon. Costa Rica seems fascinating to visit. 

Doomgirl mothers? Those are the best parents a kid can ask for. 

I'm glad to hear that from you about my country. There are many exciting places to visit, specially beaches and mountains that are far away from the city.

Yeah! That'd be awesome! Giving a new BFG to mom for Mother's day!

7 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I'm glad to hear that from you about my country. There are many exciting places to visit, specially beaches and mountains that are far away from the city.

Yeah! That'd be awesome! Giving a new BFG to mom for Mother's day!

I always wanted to visit any islands or new lands, but simply don't have the time for. Beaches and mountains away from the city sounds so serene. 

Hope your mom loves the BFG! 

I'm glad everyone had a good Mother's Day. Maybe I might make a celebration of Father's Day on Doomworld soon. 

On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 AM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I am thinking about making a Mother's Day Doom level but I will have to see about that.

You didn't need to bump a year-old thread to let us know about this.