Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGamePhilosophe

Rage 2 leaked?

I kinda liked it.

Since Avalanche are making it I hope we are getting another Chum Bucket. I fucking loved that guy.

The open world aspect is something that makes me worried. Honestly, a lot of open world games tend to be pretty boring - gigantic worlds with repetitive tasks and content that's spread incredibly thin due to the size of the gameworld. I like stuff like Arkane's Prey or Mankind Divided, games that have smaller open worlds but richer with content. And somehow I don't think Wasteland in RAGE 2 is going to be one of those. I'm not too excited at the prospect of "liberating 50 settlements", "reactivating 30 energy towers", "collecting 200 flowers to increase the size of your wallet", etc.

22 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

The open world aspect is something that makes me worried. Honestly, a lot of open world games tend to be pretty boring - gigantic worlds with repetitive tasks and content that's spread incredibly thin due to the size of the gameworld. I like stuff like Arkane's Prey or Mankind Divided, games that have smaller open worlds but richer with content. And somehow I don't think Wasteland in RAGE 2 is going to be one of those. I'm not too excited at the prospect of "liberating 50 settlements", "reactivating 30 energy towers", "collecting 200 flowers to increase the size of your wallet", etc.

I get what you're saying 100%. I too would love to see a smaller but interconnected world, maybe like in Gothic 2.

Far Cry 5 is the latest game guilty of the "collecting 200 flowers to increase the size of your wallet" trend. I am so sick of it. I pirated it and played it for like an hour before I uninstalled it. Good thing I didn't pay a cent for this mediocrity.

The beginning of the trailer looked and sounded kind of cool with the car and everything. But after the Bethesda logo, it was like "WTF is this?" And yeah, it doesn't match the more dark and serious tone of the original, which is kind of disappointing. And whoever thought that throwing the color pink everywhere was a good idea ought to be fired. I have no idea how anyone could think that that looks good. Who thinks of the color pink when you think of post apocalyptic? 

I'm interested as to how it comes out. Rage was a solid game. No complaints about the first one. Although the vehicle combat and gameplay mechanic's made me feel "Eh.." Hard to explain. I thought Bethesda was working on some other BS game. (different from FPS, RPG etc.)

45 minutes ago, Knee Deep In The Fan said:

id is, which is owned by Bethesda. 

Bethesda/Zenimax is publishing it, id software and avalanche are developing

Rage 2 being made has nothing to do with what Bethesda themselves are working on which is what I'm responding to the above poster

2 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

Bethesda/Zenimax is publishing it, id software and avalanche are developing

Rage 2 being made has nothing to do with what Bethesda themselves are working on which is what I'm responding to the above poster

Apologies, I misunderstood. Sorry if I came off sounding like a dick.

Y'know, I initially had reservations about how much the tone of that trailer departs from the tone of the original game, but on second thought, I'm perfectly fine with it. The first game took itself so seriously and was too self-important for it's own good. Almost every character was serious and somber, expecting you to automatically give a shit about whatever their problems were. You were supposed to care about events and story elements (such as destroying the 'authority') that really had no emotional resonance with you. If there's more of a carefree feel to the second game, like the vibe I get from the trailer, I'm all for it. It would be nice if say, you were more of a lone wolf type character who freely associated himself with whomever he wanted, as opposed to a guy who continually gets shoved into situations and pulled into some vague 'resistance' movement against an even vaguer authority figure that he has no reason to feel any particular way about.

Gameplay trailer inbound 

EDIT: So, I've watched the trailer a few times now and I can already say this looks MUCH better than the first game. The weapons look awesome, the combat in the trailer gave me DOOM2016 and Fallout vibes (especially with the amount of enemies), and it just looks plain fun. I love it.

Edited by Pyrolex : Watched trailer, gave opinions

2 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Guess that means no Doom until 2020...fucking hell.

So what? The last official Doom game before Doom 2016 came out in 2004.

I don't know what to make of the gameplay reveal. Avalanche had an open world pedigree and id has fps down lock so the final game should be great on both ends.

Cool to see Mutant Bash TV is back.

Just now, wheresthebeef said:

So what? The last official Doom game before Doom 2016 came out in 2004.

I don't know what to make of the gameplay reveal. Avalanche had an open world pedigree and id has fps down lock so the final game should be great on both ends.

I was hoping we'd see games more often...

Just now, wheresthebeef said:

Oh shit, MBTV. I completely forgot about that, that was a really fun part of the game.

Just now, Pyrolex said:

Oh shit, MBTV. I completely forgot about that, that was a really fun part of the game.

Could really work as COOP.

I haven't played that many COOP games but I really liked Mass Effect 3's MP. That kind of thing would work in any Id game.

Beautiful screenshots right there. Whatever engine they're using, it's doing wonders for the game. And it's nice to see colors other than dirt.

That looks alright actually! It's almost as if they've handed responsibility for the driving and open-world design to Avalanche and let id stay focused on the gunplay.

This could actually work!

I expected to either like or hate the gameplay trailer but I have to say, I feel nothing for it. It's just... there. Nothing in it makes me want to play it, none of it feels like the first RAGE. Another badass protagonist doing badass things because everything has to be badass these days. A lot of stock open-world shooter scenes.

To be fair though, I didn't like anything from RAGE until the first proper uninterrupted gameplay so I might change my mind eventually.

13 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

The first game took itself so seriously and was too self-important for it's own good. Almost every character was serious and somber

Err, what? I think you must have played a different game because it's exactly the opposite. I don't remember a single character that would be dark and depressed or whatever. It was more serious than RAGE 2 but it was still fairly light-hearted for a post-apocalyptic game with a lot of stylized characters that were anything but somber (safe for maybe a couple of regular citizens and even they were having fun watching racing and Mutant Bash).

1 minute ago, Touchdown said:

Err, what? I think you must have played a different game because it's exactly the opposite. I don't remember a single character that would be dark and depressed or whatever. It was more serious than RAGE 2 but it was still fairly light-hearted for a post-apocalyptic game with a lot of stylized characters that were anything but somber (safe for maybe a couple of regular citizens and even they were having fun watching racing and Mutant Bash).

I remember most of the characters being really serious, but the Mutant Bash TV guy was so jolly that he kinda made everything else seem pretty grim to me.

The first Rage bored me to tears. I'd be welcome to a sequel that is a little less serious with some varied environments.