Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

42 minutes ago, Jon said:

Which one? 242 transfer, or something else?

Just midtextures with solid-black crosses in the middle to give the illusion of actual depth as opposed to being a paper thin sheet of metal. 🙂

Be ready to disbelieve, guys, but those are real, actual 3D floors. Oblige 6.20 can build maps with those.

XyyoShs.png

o57as7k.png

Side views

SJL01XJ.png

View from above

9Ic4OL5.png

View from below

Oblige 6.20 is the only version that attaches 3D Floors to a room in GZDoom format if you ask it to.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Just midtextures with solid-black crosses in the middle to give the illusion of actual depth as opposed to being a paper thin sheet of metal. 🙂

Ah ok, sorry, I misread your message slightly, presuming this was a boom-specific trick. Looks good 🙂

Meanwhile in Sunlust:

There's so many beautiful levels in this megawad it's amazing, I don't recall a single ugly level (well, the first levels didn't stand out but that's about it). The journey is also coming to an end very soon since one of the screenshots is from the final level. Go Fuck Yourself was actually alright for the most part, the only problem was the Arch-Vile room where you gain access to the yellow key. Waves of Imps and a few Hell Knights that I need to avoid while also taking cover behind a moving wall from the Arch-Viles. Yeah, go fuck yourself indeed. Eh, at least I triumphed, but barely, got out from that gangbang with 7% health :v .

doom00.png

doom01.png

doom02.png

The AV fight in Sunlust's "Go fuck yourself" is quite possibly the most creative encounter I've ever played.

Just now, Dragonfly said:

The AV fight in Sunlust's "Go fuck yourself" is quite possibly the most creative encounter I've ever played.

And the most brutal too. And I thought the encounters in MAP17 were brutal with all the cramped spaces, Barons and whatnot :v .

I went through Artica 1-4 by Cyb today. Screenshots spoilered, since there are eight of them.

Spoiler

Xwfe43y.png

I 'zerked these two barons before I even knew about the SSG in the cubby hole back there. I felt like such a dumbass.

ETEXpKm.png

9PWJqax.png

xPAjIn0.png

It's so dark that my flashlight blinds me reflecting off the ice.

1o9zkIM.png

Suuuure, totally not a trap.

cvJtBpd.png

If I'd known that friendly cyber was there I wouldn't have killed all minus four hell knights in this room myself.

KRPWN0b.png

RyNWyvq.png

Damn, that area's compressed into a .zip! I'll never get to it.

32 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

@Agent6 TIL there is a level called 'Go Fuck Yourself' in Sunlust. I really need to get up-to-date with WADs these days.

It's also a very fitting name thanks to that trap.

Btw, anyone having any suggestions what should I play next? Just something similar to what I've played until now (AV, HR, AA, Sunlust, etc.).

22 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

It's also a very fitting name thanks to that trap.

Btw, anyone having any suggestions what should I play next? Just something similar to what I've played until now (AV, HR, AA, Sunlust, etc.).

Stardate 20x6/7, Combat Shock series, Unholy Realms, Kama Sutra, Tangerine Nightmare, Violence, Jenesis, Oscillation, Going Down, Survive in Hell, Deus Vult II, Moonblood... Preacher since I'm suggesting stuff. Something from those would definitely suit your interests.

Edited by galileo31dos01

7 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Combat Shock series

Not this one though, I've seen a few vids of some levels and, well, looks too difficult for me. Maybe in the future, but at this time that's a "no" .

I'll check the other megawads you listed though, haven't heard of most of them.

12 hours ago, Eradrop said:

Boss level!

Prepare to meet your DOOM! 😄

Screenshot_Doom_20180515_104758.png

Now that's freaking cool

Thanks to Icarus' Doom Mod Madness, I've discovered this neat mod called Strange Aeons.

Loads and loads of screenshots, so all spoilered.

Spoiler

i6CFxix.png

Foreboding beginning.

tLtaqm6.png

If you jump into the abyss here, you don't die, which is good!

L17ENJi.png

Using my infinite ammo crossbow to snipe monsters from up on high.

80kmEVu.png

What a sharp contrast from the surrounding maps. A modern area in a city floating in a beautiful grey abyss?

UZBYlB2.png

A choice! Now our story can really begin! Ready, Stanley?

Yf69nU6.png

7qEQgA3.png

Bz181Dl.png

Nah, guys, I'm good. I think I'll stay in my nice comfy cell.

eu7ETDJ.png

You see, Doctor Medikit, it all began when I inexplicably entered this city floating in a grey abyss where I could kill monsters with a crossbow which inexplicably never runs out of ammo.

dSRhFBP.png

Foreboding architecture, inverted cross, wizards... It must be a really good bachelor party!

Wow, is this one cool. It's got a little Lovecraft for its inspiration. Also, in case you haven't figured it out from the screenshots, the crossbow is my favorite weapon. I've finished Episode 1, and I'll check out Episode 2 tomorrow. There are five in all, so be prepared for a slew of these things.

4 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Not this one though, I've seen a few vids of some levels and, well, looks too difficult for me. Maybe in the future, but at this time that's a "no" .

I'll check the other megawads you listed though, haven't heard of most of them.

I'd put +1 to Deus Vult 2. Not too hard but still epic fights and visually stunning. It's not a complete 32 levels unfortunately but definitely worth a tilt

I suspect the sentences which stirred that reaction were the reference to the Stanley Parable, the padded cell, and the Medikit Therapist.

I actually did make the padded cell joke, and the Medikit Therapist immediately came to mind when I saw that setup. Originally the yellow card was on that couch/bed, which would've made it even better.

The Stanley Parable joke came immediately on entering that area because it was new.

The bachelor party joke, that probably came from the deepest, darkest depths of my dark, twisted mind.

Funny, though.

The struggle is almost over for you Antares. I absolutely can't wait! Looks insanely good as usual.

21 hours ago, Catpho said:

K, you asked for it. Its just shows a bit more than usual, so thats why i was a bit worried.

-BFG:

dmon.png.f940961932c2de934d0b4a07ade9c061.png

On 5/15/2018 at 1:49 AM, Dragonfly said:

Using the old "3D Architecture" trick in boom format to make some support beams. I feel they really help 'complete' this room. 🙂

1b479e2326fffb92137ef143ad3e76ac.jpg?wid

For a moment I thought you'd finally taught yourself self-referencing sectors! 😉

Still playing Strange Aeons. It's still weird. It's still awesome.

Another ton of screenshots for you.

Spoiler

GnUOaRd.png

But, I've been here before!

VM1RsEx.png

J0fdX7k.png

Either this is a ridiculously polluted place or it's just this way naturally.

Be9f434.png

Time to ride the conveyor belts of Doom!

uQEdLoq.png

Reminds me of Residue Processing from Half-Life.

qLlbn85.png

There are some weird critters swimming in that water.

6MUW8pC.png

A fortress on giant treads rolling down the landscape? I want it. How much?

e8VaNEX.png

Hey, we're back in the grey void again! And we're at a petting zoo. It's a lot more dangerous than I imagined.

suhzAEE.png

Some directory. It doesn't even say where I am.

0FtgBzt.png

Check out my new lightning gun.

iVYskUM.png

Ugh, a mutant sphere. I'll keep my ranged weapons, thank you.

QEVI0Q7.png

Yeah. Okay. Nothing's going to happen in here.

pPDfof5.png

It took way too long for me to realize those guys were friendly.

IvHUdTx.png

My army grows.

bkTTsMq.png

Alright, now I've beaten the big badasses and my fat reward and ticket home must be waiting at the bottom of this foreboding clearly-not-good hole.

I'll post Episode 3 soon.

Sunlust today. Figured I'd give it an attempt.

Played on HMP because I'm not an ubermensch Doom god by any means.

Spoiler

biC8zGf.png

BwzGHC1.png

R78NdGk.png

Expecting a worse trap than I got.

Fxz9OHm.png

As above.

Zj35oQi.png

IQCQWVG.png

k3DgJ7X.png

I played up to MAP08, but I didn't get any screenshots from 6 or 7. I should've gotten a few from 7 because that one's really cool. I was having fun secret hunting there.

3OZh2gN.png

PIThjiY.png

UpZRCPE.png

EjyTSOM.png

Why am I posting images of Ultimate Doom?

You've most likely already figured out that this isn't regular Ultimate Doom. Well, Doom, but Ultimate Doom regardless, because Episode 4 is a thing in this one.

It's not standard Doom. This is "Ultimate Doom Redux" from this thread:

I am/was playing it UV -fast, but there's so little changed I don't want to anymore.

My hopes for this have been thoroughly obliterated by my playthrough so far (as detailed by my post at the end), but if you want, I'll press on and get at least one screenshot from each remaining level.

I'll be returning to Sunlust and Strange Aeons tomorrow. I promise.

3 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

(50 Monsters map21)

I think this is my favorite map in the set if talking about aesthetics. Besides this part, I really like the contrast color usage of cold water and hot lava areas, and I think this is how the map title come from (of course, this is not answered by Breezeep). For some reason, I also think the music surprisingly fits a map after a death exit and with watery designs.

Just finished Strange Aeons Episode 3.

It was considerably more difficult, but only because of those damn spiders.

E3M4 also wasn't one of my favorites, I'll explain at its shot.

Spoiler

ryJrwcW.png

I suspect the beginnings of Episode 4 and 5 will be exactly the same as this.

OvCAgmC.png

Neat structure.

YTODH0i.png

My first encounter with the spiders went along swimmingly. Unfortunately, the one with the skeletons did not once I figured out they could rez themselves.

0tZlYGp.png

No sea of blood? Come on, man! Every evil overlord needs one of those!

0aW3KtK.png

A ghost town filled with monsters.

seoIjWv.png

See that thing? You get to fight five of them in this map. When they resurface, they can do 70+ damage to you if they do it on top of you. This is why I didn't like E3M4.

ACAP5ZA.png

BQMBHc0.png

LpQmbDK.png

When blasting spiders with a rocket launcher is reasonable, you're in a really scary place.

W6kSJYd.png

Wait a minute, I've seen this before. When has that ever happened?

7jmliiw.png

Infernal spiders. I'm not sure why I was happy to see them given I know what they're capable of.

It was a good episode, I just didn't like the prolific spider presence. Those things hit like revenants and they're fast as pinkies with -fast on.

My favorite is still Episode 1, but 4 seems really interesting! I'm excited to see it.