Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

10 hours ago, Empyre said:

Hell Knight-mare could work, if we include that hyphen. Then again, that capital K might (or might not) be enough to make the pun obvious. Adding Y2K doesn't make sense, and it will make people think this project is from the year 2000.

So far, the options are (in order of when they were suggested):

Shoot the Knights Away

Hell Knight-mare

150 Hell Knights

Any other suggestions?

I think "Hell Knight" needs to be in the title.

My problem with "150 Hell Knights" is that players may expect each map to have 150 Hell Knights (1 Monster has only 1 type of monster per map, 50 Monsters has only 50 monsters per map, etc.), and many of the levels have many more than 150. "Shoot the Knights Away" isn't bad, but I don't like it as much as other options.

These would get my votes:

Hell Knight-mare (or Hell Knightmare)

Hell Knight Revealed (from the original inspiration, you could include that picture-or the specific Hell Revealed panel-somewhere as an Easter egg)

20 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Map 11 - Charnel House of the Nobles - dib_1 [@Pegleg]

Not a bad choice for the map. I think it would loop pretty well, so it wouldn't be as jarring when it started over. At the moment, I don't have anything else.

11 hours ago, Empyre said:

Any other suggestions?

20 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

"Crusade against the Hell's Crusaders"

36 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I think "Hell Knight" needs to be in the title.

I think you're right.

Hellknight Revelaed sounds like fun, and I like it. But at the same time on my native language this title doesn't make sense. Mixed feelings...

Hellknightmare sounds better to me.

I always just figured it'd stick with the original thread title, 150 Hell Knights and a Megasphere.

Sort of like how Snakes on a Plane stuck with that title.

Heh, not a bad idea, but in that case I'd want to make it even more direct, like "150+ Hell Knights in One Room with a Megasphere." Alternately, how about something like "Mega Hell Knightmare" or "Hell Knightmare: Mega: The Room"?

Maybe Hell KnightMare: Megasphere Edition if you want to put the megasphere in the title

49 minutes ago, Shadow Hog said:

I always just figured it'd stick with the original thread title, 150 Hell Knights and a Megasphere.

8 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Heh, not a bad idea, but in that case I'd want to make it even more direct, like "150+ Hell Knights in One Room with a Megasphere." Alternately, how about something like "Mega Hell Knightmare" or "Hell Knightmare: Mega: The Room"?

Then how about one the following:

Hell Knightmare: One Room and a Megasphere

Hell Knight Revealed: The Room and the Megasphere

Hell Knights, One Room, and a Megasphere: Cacoward Edition

58 minutes ago, Shadow Hog said:

Maybe it could become a subtitle

Hell Knightmare: 150 Hell Knights and a Megasphere

On 5/7/2018 at 8:42 PM, Big Ol Billy said:

When we have our alpha/beta/whatever out, I have comments on all the maps I'm going to type up. Holding on while the leaders compile everything.

Do you want to write down your comments, since the alpha was released?

Or do you want to wait until the first round of issues with the alpha is resolved and the beta (or second alpha) is released?

16 minutes ago, 94's the best style said:

¨Heh, I just realized that "Hell Knightmare" gives me a reason to edit the name of the highest difficulty into "Knightmare".

Actually, "Nightmare" should be changed to "Knightmare" for this mapset, regardless of what we end up calling it.

My vote is still for hell Knightmare: Megasphere Edition

7 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Hell Knightmare: 150 Hell Knights and a Megasphere

I'm voting up for this.

How about

At least one-five-zero of the super duper mega big-boy ubermensch Hellish Knights from the dark nether regions and their tic-tac Facebook meme friends in a super-singular Wiseau film with no Morrison-led bands inside 4K Y2K HD HQ lol 69 420 no-homo orgy of HK fun with tanned-face object in shape of 3D circle new exclusive Donald J Clinton did nothing wrong Sunderesque fuck fest of maps I didn't build with the Knighty-Knights NEW mapset 2018 HDOOM sequel for the wonderful #DOOMTHESECOND xd

Edited by Snikle

9 minutes ago, Snikle said:

How about

At least one-five-zero of the super duper mega big-boy ubermensch Hellish Knights from the dark nether regions and their tic-tac Facebook meme friends in a super-singular Wiseau film with no Morrison-led bands inside 4K Y2K HD HQ lol 69 420 no-homo orgy of HK fun with tanned-face object in shape of 3D circle new exclusive Donald J Clinton did nothing wrong Sunderesque fuck fest of maps I didn't build with the Knighty-Knights NEW mapset 2018 HDOOM sequel for the wonderful #DOOM xd

But this is for Doom 2.

2 hours ago, Snikle said:

How about

At least one-five-zero of the super duper mega big-boy ubermensch Hellish Knights from the dark nether regions and their tic-tac Facebook meme friends in a super-singular Wiseau film with no Morrison-led bands inside 4K Y2K HD HQ lol 69 420 no-homo orgy of HK fun with tanned-face object in shape of 3D circle new exclusive Donald J Clinton did nothing wrong Sunderesque fuck fest of maps I didn't build with the Knighty-Knights NEW mapset 2018 HDOOM sequel for the wonderful #DOOMTHESECOND xd

my dude.

Spoiler

absolutely not.

If anyone has any custom music suggestions for my map (GPOLE, map 07), I'm all ears. I had one song in mind but couldn't find contact info for the author to get permission. 😞

16 hours ago, Rolpa said:

If anyone has any custom music suggestions for my map (GPOLE, map 07), I'm all ears. I had one song in mind but couldn't find contact info for the author to get permission. 😞 

I'm curious which track you want to use. But anyway, I have a suggestion for your map:

click me

On 5/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, DeXiaZ said:

I'm curious which track you want to use. But anyway, I have a suggestion for your map:

click me

Drunken Chessboard by X-Ray

Before that, I actually originally wanted a MIDI cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name. But then I realized that was very likely a no-no. :)

When are we going to start providing comments on the maps? Or at least start compiling comments that have already been made?

Or are we waiting on the next beta to be released (with the hub, correct music, etc.)?

If our pk3 file doesn't work with Zandronum - we can always create a special version for Zandronum.

But originally it's supposed to be working with Zandro.

P.S.: it's also possible to play GZDoom online too...

10 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

If our pk3 file doesn't work with Zandronum - we can always create a special version for Zandronum.

But originally it's supposed to be working with Zandro.

P.S.: it's also possible to play GZDoom online too...

That is.........if a map doesn't have interactive portals or GZDoom specific features...

Which my map does, so good luck with Zandronum.

It might still be completable; I forget if I put any switches behind portals. I kinda suspect I did, though, in which case you can't win without noclip.

Also problems here. My map has a lowering barrier below a 3D Floor and it doesn't work in Zandro 3.0 for some reason (maybe I'm doing something wrong). Map is completable but you can't kill the Hell Knights behind the barrier. OP says "Map Format:GZDoom, UDMF" so I thought testing it for GZDoom was enough.

Well, since I am not the project head, it is not my place to impose Zandronum compatibility as an additional limitation, and even if it were, it wouldn't be fair to do so at this late stage. I was hoping for it, not demanding it. I'll still play this, but in single-player.