Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herzon

What do you think the name for the Doom 2016 sequel will be?

Doom 5.

And Doom 2016 should have been Doom 4.

It's hilarious though when I say to someone my favorite game is Doom and they think the new one, till I correct them and I say the classic of course. And someone is like "are you still playing that old ass game?".

11 hours ago, Optimus said:

It's hilarious though when I say to someone my favorite game is Doom and they think the new one, till I correct them and I say the classic of course. And someone is like "are you still playing that old ass game?".

Just say Classic DOOM or DOOM 93 instead. Problem solved. Quit needlessly confusing people.

According to leaked sources, the sequel will be named DOOM 2: DOOMWORD'S REVENGE 

On 11/19/2017 at 1:35 PM, Ex Oblivione said:

I heard a rumor that the final boss for the next Doom game is acutally EA.

Oh god no! Not EA!

4 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

I heard it will be DOOM II : Death on Earth.

That was from a Quake Champions devlog. Someone added an entry that read "DOOM II: Death on Earth Super Shotgun - functioning prototype implemented".

There's a skin for the SSG in Quake Champions just called "Doom II Shotgun" and shares the design of the original Super Shotgun from Doom II, so I'm pretty sure "Death on Earth" was the result of someone forgetting the name :P

Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind a DOOM2016 sequel being named "Death on Earth".

Calling these new games Doom and Doom 2 is just confusing. I always just think of classic Doom. I'm all for just calling them Doom 4 and Doom 5. It keeps things simple and linear. Sure, Doom 2016 was no direct sequel to a previous game, but neither was Doom 3.

Guest MIND

DOOM: Knee Deep in the Dead After 2 Months.

They should've appropriatley called DOOM 2016, DOOM 4.

Funny, this thread was made late 2017 and yet its still getting way more replies then my new threads for some unknown reason other then I think I made an interesting topic. 

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Doom - Thy harddrive consumed

Considering the 60GB something size of Doom 2016 it'd be possible :v . Damn I miss the old days when we had MB up to a few GBs sized games...

Meanwhile, on topic: Doom - The Return....

How about nothing that's been a subtitle before...

DOOM: ARMAGEDDON or REVELATIONS or JUDGEMENT DAY or something corny like that

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, Reaper8888 said:

Calling these new games Doom and Doom 2 is just confusing. I always just think of classic Doom. I'm all for just calling them Doom 4 and Doom 5. It keeps things simple and linear. Sure, Doom 2016 was no direct sequel to a previous game, but neither was Doom 3.

I'm all for just subtitles, they haven't done that in the classic series except possibly Final Doom if you count it backwards

Doom II: Electric Boogaloo

For a more serious answer, Doom: Hell on Earth.

They had to go and confuse everybody by calling Doom (2016) just Doom, so I expect they'll do it again.