Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

unknown.png

My skyscaper made with dummy sectors.

8 hours ago, Roofi said:

unknown.png

My skyscaper made with dummy sectors.

How does it look in 3D mode so far? Or are you still working on it?

3 hours ago, peepee_poopoo said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180519_221753.png

If you going to post a picture of a troll map with pepe the frog, at least align the textures correctly, you prat

But I can see a little slice in it! Now it's ruined foehvuuuuur!

Seriously, though, it looks really cool, but my OCD demands that little line be fixed.

Architecture looks good, but the transition from red marble to black brick in the third shot is striking.

8 hours ago, Agent6 said:

^ That sky looks pretty awesome.

I'll have to check who did then but it's a pack with sky box version as of all the original doom skies including tnt and plutonia. Sexy stuff indeed. 

6 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

But I can see a little slice in it! Now it's ruined foehvuuuuur!

Seriously, though, it looks really cool, but my OCD demands that little line be fixed.

Architecture looks good, but the transition from red marble to black brick in the third shot is striking.

Lol. I've noticed the half pixel poking through on the edge too. Fortunately I know exactly how to fix it as it seems to be an issue with a few of the sky boxes. Other than that they are very high quality. 

The red marble has been the base, uh, construction material with the black providing an accent. Although that gets reversed in some areas. Works well imo

12 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

The red marble has been the base, uh, construction material with the black providing an accent. Although that gets reversed in some areas. Works well imo

Then go with it, bro.

It just looked a little strange to me, that's all.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Then go with it, bro.

It just looked a little strange to me, that's all.

Just curious, were you using the word "striking" as a positive or negative comment? All constructive feedback is good feedback, I had interpreted it as a good thing. Striking certainly would sum up what I am trying to achieve. 

Oh, I meant it as a stark contrast. It didn't look right for the red to suddenly transition into black like that. I would've made that little wall texture red and it would've looked a little neater (to me) going down to the black floor. Didn't mean to be ambiguous.

24 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Oh, I meant it as a stark contrast. It didn't look right for the red to suddenly transition into black like that. I would've made that little wall texture red and it would've looked a little neater (to me) going down to the black floor. Didn't mean to be ambiguous.

Ah, I think I know what you are talking about now. You mean the little circular wall in the foreground right? With the top being red and the sides being black? Yeah, that's not meant to be like that ;p I thought you were talking about the black/red brick combo in general. This will be fixed.

The black/red looks good; yeah, I was referring to the little border in the foreground. Suppose I should've specified that.

Got some shots from my map Ultraviolet for MAYhem Purple:

Spoiler

iESpigQ.png

xqWxt2R.png

w0h9MGB.png

UsFEaRy.png

hHbCLNm.png

RHkuyWq.png

Im6Hjs4.png

4LGWOaD.png

rTVdhF4.png

eI9jWPS.png

HZHIE9y.png

tzNBgpT.png

For such a short map, it's got a ton of shots.

I Working , in a complement of my hectic mod, you are the Demon

You Convert In The Demon , Making You Powerful, and work so good to play chillax, have some bots than talk in spanish and have a dumbass ia, but, you can fight your friends like this monsters, our playing difficulty maps

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_171609.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_171649.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_171704.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_171843.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_172034.png

I just recently made an account and I am not to sure how to upload wads so people can download them. If someone could message me how to upload a .wad file so people can download it that would be great.

Anyways, I am working on a map that has some outside areas and has a sort of unsettling atmosphere. I am kinda going for a sort of rusty metal style of textures in the style of Quake 1. 

Here are some screenshots of my work so far:

(I am using the NMNCorp Texture Pack.)

Screenshot_Doom_20180521_084904.png.e9ac11a57ba427c315eb7c0ffdc4365d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_084922.png.1d347bd8e67fd1df29adf0f096863573.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_084949.png.f16e15d77e208e6edcf5c0dc3cabc420.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_085200.png.f3131da562f6f6e2fa8f27b7ae1a3115.png

1 hour ago, MannerKing said:

I just recently made an account and I am not to sure how to upload wads so people can download them. If someone could message me how to upload a .wad file so people can download it that would be great.

Anyways, I am working on a map that has some outside areas and has a sort of unsettling atmosphere. I am kinda going for a sort of rusty metal style of textures in the style of Quake 1. 

Here are some screenshots of my work so far:

(I am using the NMNCorp Texture Pack.)

Screenshot_Doom_20180521_084904.png.e9ac11a57ba427c315eb7c0ffdc4365d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_084922.png.1d347bd8e67fd1df29adf0f096863573.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_084949.png.f16e15d77e208e6edcf5c0dc3cabc420.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180521_085200.png.f3131da562f6f6e2fa8f27b7ae1a3115.png

Dude, I can't wait to play your map. Looks pretty good. 

Here's how you upload your level:

In addition to uploading to the archives, there are other ways to share your wads as well. My personal recommendation to you (and really to anyone) would be to get some feedback from the community on the map before uploading it to the archives, since that is somewhat more of a "finalized" type of thing, in that while you can technically resubmit a new version of your wad, keep in mind a real person has to delete your old wad and move your new one to the proper location, so basically it's not a system to abuse with tons of updates to one wad file. Also potential speedrunners and demos etc.; it's generally best to make sure a wad is totally finalized before uploading to idgames for many reasons.

On that note, the best bet for you would be to post some screenies in a thread like this to gather some general attention, which you've done, and to create a thread for your wad. Make sure to read this so you remember to provide all necessary info and also on some tips for a good presentation:

For general wad sharing, (of stuff you want tested or dont consider to be 100% done) find a file sharing service. A lot of people will recommend Dropbox and I do too; it's free and easy to use, plus it has a windows plugin that lets you use it directly from windows explorer. On this same note, it would also be good to look into a site to host your screenies, recommendation for this goes to imgur; simply upload there and copy+paste the "direct link" here to share screenies without fear of using all your available storage space on this site, since iirc we don't get very much individually, heh.

Best of luck to you; welcome and cheers!

2 minutes ago, Fonze said:

In addition to uploading to the archives, there are other ways to share your wads as well. My personal recommendation to you (and really to anyone) would be to get some feedback from the community on the map before uploading it to the archives, since that is somewhat more of a "finalized" type of thing, in that while you can technically resubmit a new version of your wad, keep in mind a real person has to delete your old wad and move your new one to the proper location, so basically it's not a system to abuse with tons of updates to one wad file. Also potential speedrunners and demos etc.; it's generally best to make sure a wad is totally finalized before uploading to idgames for many reasons.

On that note, the best bet for you would be to post some screenies in a thread like this to gather some general attention, which you've done, and to create a thread for your wad. Make sure to read this so you remember to provide all necessary info and also on some tips for a good presentation:

For general wad sharing, (of stuff you want tested or dont consider to be 100% done) find a file sharing service. A lot of people will recommend Dropbox and I do too; it's free and easy to use, plus it has a windows plugin that lets you use it directly from windows explorer. On this same note, it would also be good to look into a site to host your screenies, recommendation for this goes to imgur; simply upload there and copy+paste the "direct link" here to share screenies without fear of using all your available storage space on this site, since iirc we don't get very much individually, heh.

Best of luck to you; welcome and cheers

Great advice. Gawd i wish i'd read this email before i uploaded my first map. 

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

What have I done ...

Something awesome!

I like the fade to dark around all the lights. It's a foreboding atmosphere that actually works.

What a terrible compliment that was.

Just hope the raw sector density doesn't result in a framerate drop, because that looks really cool.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

What have I done ...

213898225_Megawadat2018_05.2222-27-13.458R3018.jpg.c10f938e042c8b41b10e01b205b91007.jpg

This apparently

1429694988_Megawadat2018_05.2222-46-14.915R3018.jpg.b485a4855a4d64c9a1f22ad4638d9926.jpg

Looks fine but could use a little more detailing. LOL

7 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Something awesome!

I like the fade to dark around all the lights. It's a foreboding atmosphere that actually works.

What a terrible compliment that was.

Just hope the raw sector density doesn't result in a framerate drop, because that looks really cool.

It's fine at the moment (altough GZDoombuilder struggles a bit). It'll be when I get the exterior done that will test the fps. It's also a 3d floor but i'm going to use the existing sector shapes to build the lower level as much as possible to reduce the linedef numbers as much as possible. Worst case scenario i'll have to alter the lighting design if it drags too heavily.

I'll admit I was questioning my sanity a bit while doing this so I'm pleases someone likes it :) I have a history of getting carried away with lighting sectors. Gotta have the fade!