Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2018 - Purple Version!

Hmm, I'll see what I can do. I'll update this post with the results.

Here you go.

OAZj62o.png

Looks sharp, if I do say so myself, which I do.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

Progress bump.

More screenies, this time of the chapel.

Spoiler

Im6Hjs4.png

The SFALL texture there is a placeholder at the moment. I'll explain why at the end.

4LGWOaD.png

I'd like a set of SFALL textures that are just flipped. Could I make those and throw those in for this map? That'll be all for new textures.

Also, Builder screenshot.

5TdlIcH.jpg

As you can see, I've settled on calling it Ultraviolet.

The plan is to get something like four mini-maps and combine them into one singular void adventure.

I'll post another update tomorrow.

Oh, about the sky, it'll be in the wad when I upload it, as will the upside-down SFALL textures if those are okayed.

If you like, I'd also like to try my hand at providing a purple SKY3, a recolor like this one, but I'll make it nice and pretty and purple.

Count me in, I'm feeling a brand new creativity rush, the same I felt from when I first started mapping thanks to my absence, Ill try to get something done

21 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Here you go.

OAZj62o.png

Much better :D .

I don't know what came over me for the upside-down castle, but I thought it was awesome. Upside-down is cool because it's unusual.

Glad you like the sky. All I did was use one of those sites to make that sky seamless along all its edges. I think it looks a lot cooler now.

There is a purple sky in there which for some reason I did not set as the default, so you'll have to sky-transfer it in. Remind me to not set it up like that in the future.

@leodoom85 Yes hi I've hit some setbacks (hardware troubles being a big one) but it won't be much longer, I'm serious!! Sorry for taking so long, I know I'm not giving people much of an opportunity to mess around with them as there's only a week and a half left*. I'm going to set a proper deadline for myself: Get the pack up by the end of tomorrow. Hold me to it, please.

*a week and a half to make my map as well once I've got the texture stuff done, oof

I love looking at screenshots of fan made levels in general, but I wanted to say with this purple theme, less is more. It is of course just my opinion, but I like the screenshots more when purple is used as an accent color rather than a grey replacement.

Edited by geo

I might tap out.  Maybe i'll pivot to another map and throw out a quick-n-dirty speedmap next weekend.

Like I said, though, I at least "touched" my map again.  It might have to go into the Velvet Vault for now though.

MQ3Z0eU.jpg

hRJSG00.jpg

Update bump.

Spoiler

rTVdhF4.png

Inspired by The Fading Place from DTS-T.

eI9jWPS.png

Coming along. This one will be a rather short and sweet map.

I've decided against the upside-down SFALL textures, I'm going to stick with the standard ones, since in the inverted chapel it looks like the water is flowing backwards, so it has a nice charm to it.

The next section I hope will be pretty crazy.

Of course, mandatory Builder shot.

TnOvamB.jpg

4 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

"post"

Why dont you post it here? That looks too nice to be shelved, so maybe someone here can finish it up, even how slim the chance may be.

Somewhat baron at the moment but starting to take shape. Just finished up the MIDI, and I have to say it's probably my favourite one I have ever wrote, really beautifully captures the atmosphere of the map!

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_172818.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_172901.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180520_173024.png

@AD_79 / @Obsidian  whenever the texture pack is getting updated, could these textures and flats be put in as well please. Sources are CC4tex/Zoon/UAC Ultra, sky is by Mechadon. Some animated stuff in there, btw. Cheers!

15 hours ago, Catpho said:

Why dont you post it here? That looks too nice to be shelved, so maybe someone here can finish it up, even how slim the chance may be.

I'm afraid that's the natural development cycle of a noisy map: Step 1, make a broadstroke layout.  Step 2, get burnt out on it.  Step 3, go eat food.  Step 4 move to something else.

Progress bump.

Spoiler

HZHIE9y.png

tzNBgpT.png

Doing the water/bloood cavern was pretty fun. It's so weird!

Finished the third wing. This one will be really short, but that's good in this case.

I wanted to make this one really strange, hope I succeeded.

Builder shot.

AkivvJO.jpg

The cavern kind of looks like a kidney.

If you see that symbol....prepare yourself. (A bit of update to that room)

NR9Nu1Z.jpg

Alright, sorry for the wait!! Here's a few extra textures to play with (includes a new red sky, as SKY1. The original purple sky is SKY2): Download 

I grabbed some stuff from Valiant + AA, as well as some of the textures Scotty wanted included, minus some things I was struggling to get paletted nicely. Hope this gives people some more options. Good luck with finishing your maps, everyone! I'm looking forward to playing them when they're all compiled together. Don't forget, you're free to add in extra stuff to your own maps if you need more or think I forgot something.

Now... to actually start my map, haha.

Update bump.

8tMhEws.png

The entire area behind the red door.

The structure is complete and now I have to add the things.

This isn't my strongest map by a long shot, but I wanted to try something I thought might be new and fun.

GZDB shot.

m7OMkmq.jpg

I found a bug that crash the texture pack if you use the black panel textures with prboom-plus 2.5.1.4, it gives you a "signal header 11" error and crash the port.

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

I found a bug that crash the texture pack if you use the black panel textures with prboom-plus 2.5.1.4, it gives you a "signal header 11" error and crash the port.

I forgot to convert them from PNG. Updated the file.

Download

Um I think there are still some issues with the textures, D_BLKW24 for example. I am making a little break room area in my map and I wanted to put a TV so I used this texture for the front and have it scrolling so it looks like there is static on the screen, in the editor it looks like this....

texwtf.png.cbf90ac779616bc4888e6fa3abe17f67.png

But in the game in Prboom it looks like this.....

texwtf2.png.80e044689875322a7d6de1180246dc52.png

i leave you this here:

purple.zip

is a unfinished little speed map layout i tried to do for this session in 2 different times (one at 10 of may the other one this afternoon), but then joined togheter and leaving there to anyone is interested to work on it. I have no more idea on this. Sorry about that.