Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

On hold, like usual, someday it will resume. 

Personally i was trying do make another map, but i had to switch computer and then suffered an hard drive failure on the new pc, so my motivation collapsed a little bit lately.

Apparently, last time i messed with it i was lazy and didn't updated the sprite completion list... Just as a reminde, the "wiki" is here: https://github.com/Blasphemer/blasphemer/wiki

With that out of the way, the big things we are missing are:

1) a replacement for the chicken (both weapon and model)
2) touching up the vulcano's sprites\ sounds (need to look into it again to be sure)

3) 2 more maps to fill the firt two episodes

4) finding sprites for the maulotaurus and de'sparil

Honestly i'm going by memory, and i need some time to dig in and compile a list of what is missing, since the big bulk of it are missing projectile sprites or puffs that are barely rememberable.

Most of the levels are limit removing, so you should play them with that in mind. But just to be sure, what kind of error did it give upon crashing?

Where's the latest version of the iwad available for download?

The "heretic.wad" in the github repo hasn't changed since 2010 and when I try to build it myself I get the following error regarding a missing WAV:

[... output before this is cut, no warnings or errors before this ...]

i PL05 Palette is Heretic
i CM30 Making lumps
i CM50 Making TEXTURE1
w TX38 Texture SW2OFF: width 192 not a power of 2
w TX38 Texture SW2ON: width 192 not a power of 2
i TX44 Read 100 textures from ./textures/texture1.txt
i CM55 Making TEXTURE2
w CM56 Can't find TEXTURE2 in main WAD
i TX44 Read 167 textures from ./textures/texture2.txt
i CM41 Making PNAMES
i CM60 Making sounds
w SC14 ./sounds/amb1.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb10.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb11.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb2.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb3.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb4.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb5.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb6.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb7.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb8.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/amb9.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/artiup.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
w SC14 ./sounds/artiuse.wav: sample rate != 11025 Hz, won't work on Doom < 1.4
E CM63 Can't find sound ./sounds/blshit.wad, WAV
make: *** [blasphem.wad] Error 2

Note that ./sounds/blshit.au exists, but as an AU, not a WAV.

Edited by Ferk

I do belive everything is still on the "experimental" branch, so try compiling that instead (or download it from here: https://github.com/Blasphemer/blasphemer/wiki/Experimental-build(s) , i do belive the links are up to date). The merge with the main branch will occurr once we get the missing player sprites (AKA once we reach the current milestone of DM ready).
Regarding the .AU files: they where there in the original repository, i guess they were just placeholders, but i don't know how the compiling process was done back then.

I'll be sure to give them a proper look once this busy period has ended. Thank you for your contribution.

On 17/2/2018 at 11:51 AM, Xindage said:

it's still needed?

Yep, once we get those we'll have 2 complete episodes worth of material, and a couple of maps would be needed to be modified to include a secret exit for ot to work properly.

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:54 AM, DragonMorpheus said:

Heretic's textures and monsters were more colorful and cartoon-like, the music was more adventurous,

Just because something is colorful doesn't mean it's a freaking cartoon.

Just a quick mention that I still have no idea what's wrong with the teamhellspawn phpBB forum.  You may wish to remove that link from the Blasphemer wiki, as I don't see a fix forthcoming any time soon.  It's probably better to keep all the chat in one place here anyway.

Sorry, though.  It always had a problem where it would fall over once a month or so, but emptying the sessions table would fix it.  But no idea what's causing the current error.  Probably should have learned some basics for php and SQL before deciding it would be a great idea to host my own forum.  Frankly, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, heh.

3 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Is there any Rebel Moon/Rebel Moon Rising TC available?

That has nothing to do with the current thread. You should post that somewhere else please.

Could somebody post a link to the latest version of blasphemer?

Edited by MrD!zone

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM, MrD!zone said:

That has nothing to do with the current thread. You should post that somewhere else please.

Sorry, that was a mistake.

12 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Could somebody post a link to the latest version of blasphemer?

Repository to build from: https://github.com/Blasphemer/blasphemer/tree/experimental

Prebuilded Iwad (may be slighly outdated, i can't remember): https://github.com/Blasphemer/blasphemer/wiki/Experimental-build(s)

Have there been any progress on project? I just wonder. Had some ideas for this project, might to share them once I get back home from my current place. It’ll be before Christmas I hope.

and yes I understand this topic was abandoned for quite a long time. Still, it must have some spark of life yet.

It's laid quite dormant. But I have been in the process of attempting of making some midis for the project. I just haven't gotten around to truly submit them if anything. Still needs some tuning up.

Hello there! Yes, the project is dormant, but i'm still keeping an eye on it, since only me and Springy have access to the repository management atm. Personally i took a big break from mapping and i don't know when i'll get back into it (if ever, but i belive), this slowed the already meager progress on the maps development. 

Of course, any ideas and submissions are very welcomed.

I'm still lurking in the background.  There's always a small chance the urge to map could strike at some point.

Hi, I'm a pixel artist and a beginning Doom mapper, and I'd like to participate in this project. From what has been said, is working on Maulotaur replacement sprites a good way to start contributing?