Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom 3: Phobos

1 hour ago, Touchdown said:

Awesome! Hopefully the release is not too terribly far off.

I think I've had three dreams of this mod so far. Not joking.

The Doom universe has taken hold of me like no other and I love it for that.

"I almost didn't recognize you" she said.

I almost don't recognize the project from when I was a part of it. Though that was some 10 years ago now, so that is to be expected. Congratulations on getting there, glad to see this coming out.

Episode 1. Is that like a couple of maps or something? Because I recall it as you only focusing on making the first series of maps we once had planned. How many episodes are planned? What is the size of the episodes?

Really liked that mars city scenery. Thought the rest of them looked a bit more generic Doom3 corridor stuff. Though it all went by quite fast so I probably missed a lot even though I watched it a few times now. Doom3 tends to do best when you have time to soak in the atmosphere IMO.

One thing I didn't care for at all though was that character picture popping up in the middle of it. Stuck out like a sore thumb. I recall seeing it on the website once and didn't care much for it there either. But in the game it looks even more out of place. Anyway, just my two cents. Looking forward to trying it out.

8 hours ago, kristus said:

One thing I didn't care for at all though was that character picture popping up in the middle of it. Stuck out like a sore thumb. I recall seeing it on the website once and didn't care much for it there either. But in the game it looks even more out of place.

Looks to me like someone from Strife. Any intended reference?

Watched it twice, gonna watch it a third time because why the hell not? Having worked on this in the past and paid close attention to your progress, it's wonderful to see it finally come together. And in just two minutes you've given us a lot to think about, which is what a trailer should do. 

I'm getting a lot of RTC-3057 vibes from the trailer, with a dash of SOMA and Life is Strange for flavour. I have no idea where it's going or what it will be about, but clearly you're doing something a little more highbrow than just 'shoot all teh monsters and hit the exit switch while Betruger laughs evilly'. Consider me intrigued.

15 hours ago, kristus said:

"I almost didn't recognize you" she said.

I almost don't recognize the project from when I was a part of it. Though that was some 10 years ago now, so that is to be expected. Congratulations on getting there, glad to see this coming out.

Is there a chance that you some day finish and release the hell levels you did for Phobos? They looked nice.

I don't know if they are still around today.

Looks to me like someone from Strife. Any intended reference?

I doubt it. Don't think geX or Shaviro played Strife really.

I'm impressed by the overall quality and level of detail that is demonstrated in that gameplay trailer. Amazing that the developers could pull this off in their spare time!

They've been teasing it for quite some time. But honestly, as much as I'm looking forward to it, at this point the only thing that matters is a release date. Hopefully they can still make it this year.

1 hour ago, Touchdown said:

They've been teasing it for quite some time. But honestly, as much as I'm looking forward to it, at this point the only thing that matters is a release date. Hopefully they can still make it this year.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're "teasing" it. It's like three dudes from different countries trying to put together an extremely ambitious mod when they have free time. It's not easy. This sort of things really makes me want to see a modding marketplace, where we can easily donate to a Patreon-style tip jar, so that these guys can actually get paid to mod. I mean if a few dozen of us were pitching in a few bucks a month, that's a few hundred extra bucks for them to split. I'm not trying to get political/economic here, but these projects would get released faster if we had a quick and easy way to throw modders money.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:43 PM, GoatLord said:

This sort of things really makes me want to see a modding marketplace, where we can easily donate to a Patreon-style tip jar, so that these guys can actually get paid to mod. I mean if a few dozen of us were pitching in a few bucks a month, that's a few hundred extra bucks for them to split. I'm not trying to get political/economic here, but these projects would get released faster if we had a quick and easy way to throw modders money.

If throwing money their way was easier, they would probably get in trouble with id/Bethesda/ZeniMax/whoever sooner or later.

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

If throwing money their way was easier, they would probably get in trouble with id/Bethesda/ZeniMax/whoever sooner or later.

AFAIK, they let SgtMarkIV keep his Patreon account.

8 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

AFAIK, they let SgtMarkIV keep his Patreon account.

Oh yeah,  I forgot about that... It's still a dangerous area, but I guess it would be possible.

Any chance of it coming out this year?

What is E1 going to be like? Is it focused more on story, action or both?

22 hours ago, Shaviro said:

It will come out this year :)

The first episode includes a prologue and is roughly 50/50 introduction/narration and action. The following episodes will have more of a 20/80 split I guess.

Hmm lemme guess...10th of December?

I am still hoping you will continue this after E1. No matter how beautiful, complex and original your levels are, most of them are still basically techbases, right? I really liked the Hell levels from vanilla, ROE Lost Missions. I think the Doom 3 Hell was terribly underdeveloped and I would love to see you guys expand on it. 

It doesn't have to be a full episode, just a few extra levels that wrap up the game. I know I am probably underestimating the amount of work and not taking into account the careful structuring you have laid out for the game, it's just an idea.

I don't think hell was "underdeveloped" per se but it was quite short and could've been much longer.

I've just realized, if you are finishing testing, is it legit to ask, would final release work with vanilla engine or have some kind of source port, or be compatible with any of current ones?

32 minutes ago, Boilers! said:

I've just realized, if you are finishing testing, is it legit to ask, would final release work with vanilla engine or have some kind of source port, or be compatible with any of current ones?

It will work with a vanilla install of Doom 3 and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil. No ports or other mods supported.